Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
3S-GE + T50 Mon, 25 October 2004 03:36 Go to next message
Quickie - I'm under the impression that the SA-63 bellhousing is for W5* series gearboxes, yet afaik the TA-23 has a T50 in it - if I'm planning on turning a 3S-GE around and sticking in a TA-23 should I be getting a W series gearbox instead of a T50?
  Send a private message to this user    
t_temperley
Regular

May 2002
Re: 3S-GE + T50 Mon, 25 October 2004 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im putting a t50 behind mine.

Use a bellhousing from an ST141 or SA61 celica.I think Terry O'Beirne has one at the moment.
Use a 20valve/7afe clutch on 3s fly.Or are you using a 1st gen motor?you could use the 1s clutch?

BTW you dont have a spare 1/2 S oil pickup do you?
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3S-GE + T50 Mon, 25 October 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah use W gearbox, less hassle and stronger than T.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 3S-GE + T50 Mon, 25 October 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So is that a "YES" it will fit a T50?

No spare oil-pickup sorry - the only one I've got I hafta use Sad
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 3S-GE + T50 Mon, 25 October 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes to the w55 option..by far the better option..get the whole unit from an SA63..it will bolt straight up to the 3SGE..you just need to sort out the output shaft on the g/box to tail shaft, get that swapped over with the one from the SA63 also..
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3S-GE + T50 Mon, 25 October 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is no factory T50 which will bolt up to an S series block. AFAIK the W5x is the only factory option available to you (apart from the Altezza 6-speed, $$$). As above, the T50 will likely break anyway.
t_temperley
Regular

May 2002
Re: 3S-GE + T50 Mon, 25 October 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used the T50 for cost reasons, though after everything, it didnt work out that much cheaper anyway.

Norbie, you certainly can bolt a t50 to a an S series block.
Ive got one down stairs. Smile

I think itll last fairly well,im not given to overly mistreating my box.Ahh well plenty of spares i guess.
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 3S-GE + T50 Mon, 25 October 2004 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norbie..what does AFAIK mean?? i'm from canada and they think i'm a bit slow..................aye Rolling Eyes
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3S-GE + T50 Mon, 25 October 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as I know. Some of the early 1S versions of the Celica may have a T50, but I've only seen an auto one.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 3S-GE + T50 Mon, 25 October 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

As above, the T50 will likely break anyway.
I'm not sticking a turbo engine on this or anything, are they really that weak? I always heard good things about Celica gearboxes, but I'm a bit of a retard in this area. So there is no easily available bellhousing that will match up a S-series block with a T50?

How much more does a W5* weigh in comparison to a T50, as I'm definitely getting a bit weight concious, sticking a 3S-GE and a F-series rear end in a TA-23 is starting to make the thing bloat out. I'd like to keep it light weight as I don't want to have to build a great big 'f***-off' motor to make the thing quick in a straight line.
t_temperley
Regular

May 2002
Re: 3S-GE + T50 Tue, 26 October 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fwd boy:
i think a w55/7 is like 35 kg, the t50 25kg.

You might as well go the w55/7, it wont be much more expensive.

I *have read* that a ra23/8 tailshaft will bolt up to the w55/7 box,use a ra23/28 gearbox crossmember.makes sense considering they have W series boxes.

Hows the motor going? still doing the hybrid?

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 3S-GE + T50 Wed, 27 October 2004 05:45 Go to previous message
Yeah I'm still doing the 2.2litre 3S-GE - I haven't finished sorting it out yet, trying to get stuck into the rest of the body of the car! If it's only 10kgs(ish) of sprung weight then I guess I can get away with it, I'll just have to find 10kgs somewhere else Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence???
Next Topic:Wheel weight reduction steeel->alloy
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 09:28:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057010650634766 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.