Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
w_e_b_s_t_o_r
Occasional Poster

May 2004
[[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 25 October 2004 12:09 Go to next message
I know there arent many around, but there are a few members here that have them. It would be great to go for a bit of a cruise some day.

Anyone up for it?

[Updated on: Tue, 26 October 2004 08:31]

Send a private message to this user    
Fieryisles
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: ST205 GT-Four Cruise..... Mon, 25 October 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about a st205 appreciation cruise :)

that way you can have a few other people come along to fill out numbers :P I would like to have a close look at a st205 :D
w_e_b_s_t_o_r
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: ST205 GT-Four Cruise..... Tue, 26 October 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah. Maybee we should get ALL GT-Fours on a cruise.

(Topic title changed).
w_e_b_s_t_o_r
Occasional Poster

May 2004
icon10.gif  Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 26 October 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any ideas?

All cars should come along.

Cruising is good
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 27 October 2004 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oooo, my car is buzzing at the thought. Hang on, it's a RAV4.... Confused
w_e_b_s_t_o_r
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 27 October 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3SGTE cruise?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 27 October 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAha - now its becoming less elite and closed in!

Gt4's in general ( andrews classes as a gt4 hybrid in my books )
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 27 October 2004 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what are we gonna do here? Obviously theres a few GT-Four "hybrids" around than pure-blood GT-Four's. Mine is more like a GT-Four masquerading as a RAV4. Rolling Eyes

It's up to you web, you want a dedicated GT-Four cruise, go for it. ARGH
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Thu, 28 October 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where are you planning to hold this cruise Webstor?

LOVE your car by the way. I don't like 204's all that much but 205's YEAH! Go figure.

I've been thinking of a big GT4 (group A) cruise/reunion for a while. I'm thinking of starting a list to keep track of the 150 ST185 and 77 ST205 originally sold in oz. It would be good to know where they all are and how many are no long with us Crying or Very Sad
w_e_b_s_t_o_r
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Thu, 28 October 2004 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone got any ideas?

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Fri, 29 October 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I can tell you where one of the ST205's is.. Gary Georgiou owns it (#36) and last I heard he has plans of rebuilding the engine. Very Happy Another genuine ST205 owner is one of the members of the Toyota Nationals (Dave?) who has another of the precious few in his possession.

So there's 2... 75 to go!! hehehe

But I'd be up for a "GT-Four Appreciation Cruise" (paying homage to my car's retro-fit). Very Happy
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Fri, 29 October 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well im in Sydney, and im all for a cruise!! just say where and when and ill bring another 185 to the ranks Evil or Very Mad
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Sat, 30 October 2004 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This should be cool man(Y)

but where abouts?
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Sat, 30 October 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dam i only have a GT2.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Sun, 31 October 2004 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perth is always a good checkpoint, with some nice long straight roads into and out of?!!!
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 01 November 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like it's all-go for a 3S-GTE cruise... Rolling Eyes
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 01 November 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds inviting Very Happy
but when - where? Rolling Eyes
good chance to put faces to names

cheers
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 01 November 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be up for a GT4 cruise in NSW.
Be nice to get some pictures of a sh!7load of GT4's all lined up!
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 01 November 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 14:51

I'd be up for a GT4 cruise in NSW.
Be nice to get some pictures of a sh!7load of GT4's all lined up!

everyones wide spread on this one Rolling
most it seems are in sydney or surrounding areas
but on the day it wouldn't matter if you had to
drive a bit Very Happy
a fast fours /hot 4's article wouldn't hurt either Rolling Eyes
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 01 November 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could I pretend, seeing as my car has a Toyota 2.0L 4 cylinder turbo? Laughing
I'd be languishing up the back someone on the straights tho. Embarassed Razz
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 01 November 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a rav and a wagon
variety is the spice of life Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 01 November 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about this - if you want to make it big - orgainise it in conjuction with the january dyno day in sydney ?

im sure we could generaste some magazine/cruise interest with this involved
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 01 November 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the problem is distance and time Sad If we are limited to a single day then sydney, newcastle and canberra are the three closest major cities that can all be reached in a day with a round trip.

However this doesnt help much for people interstate. If its gonna fly we need to decide on a route, and a venue to meet.

Im guessing a cruise wouldnt be much fun if we just sit on a freeway at 110 for a couple hours...we need hills, mountain roads and scenic backdrops

Sutherland rainforest and Bulli pass would be cool, there a couple of good lookouts to stop in for lunch and pics....
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 01 November 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
canberra is closest for me!
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 01 November 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SilverGhost wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 18:51

...we need hills, mountain roads and scenic backdrops

Sutherland rainforest and Bulli pass would be cool, there a couple of good lookouts to stop in for lunch and pics....

I thoroughly agree - hmmm, do I smell a Nasho Run?? Very Happy
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 01 November 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst cruise perhaps
is that getting too far out of everyones
way?? Rolling Eyes
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 01 November 2004 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SCR (Sydney Cruise Registry) just had their Bathurst Die-Hard run last weekend. Apparently was a big success. Smile Something to mull over I guess.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have GT-FOUR brakes...

well can I come and LOOK at least? Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can hang on for dear life with me rob , if i get there - I owe you a run , remember Wink
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is quickly becoming a gt4 appreciation cruise hehe, which I am all for Very Happy

I say keep the suggestions coming for venues within say a 300km range of sydney and from that we should be able to plan a route.

IMO starting south at around canberra at first light or a little further down then travelling back north along the coast up through moss vale, then wollongong through sutherland and eastern sydney up to gosford and newcastle through the afternoon gives us a large area covered and the most people satisfied.

We could then decide if people want to continue back home the same day, or possibly get a campsite or something to rest up and return home the following morning.

thoughts??
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is the Bathrust Die Hard Run?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Canberra's still good for me Wink
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Stuart,

Im Dave. Nice to see a fellow gunmetal grey 185 hehe, though by the sounds of it your one is loaded for bear Evil or Very Mad

you would be coming quite a way for this cruise as would a lot of other people.

If this cruise goes ahead people are welcome to crash at my place in sydney on their way back to make the trip more comfortable. I can imagine the look of half a dozen gt4's all in my driveway, very cool Shocked

As long as you can deal with 2 siberian huskies jumping all over you hehe
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heys dave -

huskies !! YAY!

i ahve a saint bernard - She doesnt fit in my car anymore - unless her heads out the window Smile

as for the cruise , thats why i had suggested working int in with toymods dyno day - the dyno day is sunday - which leaves satrday for a cruise/bbq meet + makes it more worthy for interstaters/way out of twners to come along ..

I wouldnt mind having it also as a full cruise for all - not just specific to model or engine
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that this sunday?? is it in the cruises and events folder?? i cant find it to get the details
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nahh mate - its january + july Smile
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh ok....that is a fair way off still...

im on annual leave from work in the first 2 weeks of january, it would be cool if it was then....is there a specific date as yet for the jan dyno day??

If we can work off that we could arrange the date for the cruise....
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it would be cool though no date set as yet i believe!
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a plan. if we are gonna line up our cruise with the next dyno day we will have to let this sit for a while until a firm date is given. Confused

hehe, just wish we didnt have to wait that long!! wanna get on the road Evil or Very Mad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more time for mods Wink
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
enough time for me to replace my alarm hehe, keeps buzzing with the speed of the engine, makes it sound like I have a sticky valve or something Laughing Laughing

If anyone in sydney wants to get together for a mini cruise in the meantime, im all for it Very Happy

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SilverGhost wrote on Tue, 02 November 2004 17:51

what is the Bathrust Die Hard Run?

The Bathurst Die-Hard run is an all-day cruise event that is held by SCR about twice a year from what I can gather. A fair few cars from a lot of different clubs attended the last one, and was a good day out. Wink The Sunday run was #4 in their list, the last ones were #3 to Kangaroo Valley, #2 to Bathurst and #1 (somewhere else). Rolling Eyes Very Happy I would have gone last weekend had my car's ECU and fuel issues been sorted in time.

Stu, yes it gives me more time to do mod's like get my car's shit together and get the bitch tuned up and boosting properly! Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

you can hang on for dear life with me rob , if i get there - I owe you a run , remember

ok, that works for me Wink Very Happy lol
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 02 November 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldnt mind bringing mine along if it's cool with you guys. I'm still learning a lot about this car. It'd be cool to see what you guys have done to your gt4's, learn some more, and meet some of you's in person. I'm in Canberra.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 03 November 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we almost need to cruise to somewhere to organise a cruise Razz
my head hurts Rolling
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 03 November 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i bring my ae86?

i like grip runs. or will this just be a leisurely cruise?
Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 03 November 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if theres a national GT4 cruise....i'll definately be there, and i rekon i know about 4 other ppl that would bring there 185's too, with some co-pilots

somewhere thats easy for me to get from adelaide would be nice Razz......bathurst or canberra would be good.....sydney i spose i can hack if i can crash at ur place silverghost......if not i kno a few other places in sydney i could crash i rekon.

i definately wanna do this though, be cool also if the GT4's here could find one forum to go to

www.ozcelica.com
just started and local

www.alltrac.net
oldschool with TONNES of information, fast GT4's and help
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 03 November 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, thats it....to be fair we will all meet at Uluru!!! Laughing Laughing

Hey Beej, yeah your welcome to crash at my joint if we end up in sydney (which appears to be most likely)

Ill join ozcelica.com and see whats up.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 03 November 2004 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beej wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 13:59

if theres a national GT4 cruise....i'll definately be there, and i rekon i know about 4 other ppl that would bring there 185's too, with some co-pilots

somewhere thats easy for me to get from adelaide would be nice Razz......bathurst or canberra would be good.....sydney i spose i can hack if i can crash at ur place silverghost......if not i kno a few other places in sydney i could crash i rekon.

i definately wanna do this though, be cool also if the GT4's here could find one forum to go to

www.ozcelica.com
just started and local

www.alltrac.net
oldschool with TONNES of information, fast GT4's and help

There is a GT4-Modified user group in Yahoo! that's run by Anhar Kamas (Puffy) that kind of acts as a forum, but is really more of just a message board.
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Fri, 05 November 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump. Just wanted to keep this near the top of the list as i dont want such a fragile and beautiful thing to be forgotten Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

forgive me....stuck at work on a friday night until 8pm has made me loopy

Does anyone in sydney want to for a quick cruise this w/end or the next??
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Fri, 05 November 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you give me two weekends I could join you on a cruise. My car will be tuned and certified by then, and even re-registered too! Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Sun, 07 November 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
genkin - id be happy for anyone who appeciates Gt4's and the such or a good cruise to come along ..

im sure most of the other guys have similar ideas ..

Canberra seems to be getting more and more pointers Wink
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 08 November 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 16:06

Canberra seems to be getting more and more pointers Wink

sounds ok stu - how much room at your place for us & our cars Laughing Laughing
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 08 November 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok Sydney, Canberra & Newcastle ppl, should we plan a cruise for saturday week 20/11/2004??

starting south then travelling north? or vice versa?

P.S. 7 hours till Halo 2!!!!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 08 November 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh - my place in canberra ? If i bought one in my sleep - sure you guys can stay Wink

otherwise i live in vic dude Wink

we should just take over a caravan park or something
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 08 November 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i come... he he
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 08 November 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might be interested in cruising down from Brisbane. Depends on how organised it all is. I will need firm dates so I can put in for a couple of days off work. Maybe a couple of other guys might be interested from up here...? we could do a mini cruise down then join the bigger cruise.

Lot's of GT4's in one place.... is there a better photo opportunity. Maybe I should forget the sub etc and buy that digital SLR for my christmas present.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 08 November 2004 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 17:54

heh - my place in canberra ? If i bought one in my sleep - sure you guys can stay Wink

otherwise i live in vic dude Wink

oops, I'm blind sorry champ Very Happy
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 08 November 2004 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh, and it's not even Friday yet... hehehe Very Happy
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 10 November 2004 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
this thread is going quiet Rolling Eyes
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:EAST COAST TARGA 2005
Next Topic:Toymods APRIL Event - PUTT PUTT! Sunday 24th April
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 01:03:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0097019672393799 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.