Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
toyotacorona
Regular

May 2004
need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Wed, 15 September 2004 12:33 Go to next message
hi
i have saved more then plenty cash to do my transplant i need some serious info engine mounting wise and gearbox i am going to be running the stock irs with kazz diff center i would like a manual but autos are all right anyway i know i have to do the wiring loom,computer, new radiator and termos but is there anything major such as cutting back the firewall i have searched and i have found a fair bit of info but i just want to make sure anyway and info will be a big help thx sam
  Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Wed, 15 September 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3sgte is a bolt in affair Very Happy and you can use your oringal gearbox (tho it might not last long)
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Wed, 15 September 2004 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Wed, 15 September 2004 20:34

3sgte is a bolt in affair Very Happy and you can use your oringal gearbox (tho it might not last long)

I'm sorry, did you really just say that?
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Wed, 15 September 2004 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, so you'll come over and fix up anything I can't fix with a shifting spanner? Sounds good. Glad everyone is too kind to hold you to some of the dribble...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Wed, 15 September 2004 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a chat to 7M-Brisbane, he got about half way through a 1G-GTE into ST141 conversion before he sold it.

Forget about the 3S-GTE; as implied above it's nowhere near bolt-in and will cost an absolute shiteload. It would be nice though if you could afford it. Smile
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Wed, 15 September 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When putting a 1g in my rt142 I found no real problems. other than use the right sump. and make up engine mounts.
GEM13B
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Thu, 16 September 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think he meant a 3tg? thats what they came out with in japan land.
id also like to know how a 1g goes in cause i gotta shell thats just begging for some horse power Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad the other option i was thinking of was buying a wrecked vl turbo and putting the running gear from that into it? what do ya's rekon, toyota power or nissan power? that should upset some people Laughing
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Thu, 16 September 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RB30's are pretty big... I doubt it would come close to fitting without major surgery.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Thu, 16 September 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SeptemberSquallIndustries wrote on Thu, 16 September 2004 01:12

Okay, so you'll come over and fix up anything I can't fix with a shifting spanner? Sounds good. Glad everyone is too kind to hold you to some of the dribble...

uhh arent an ST141 originally produced with a 2sc? Ie, bellhousing, but im not so sure about engine mounts..id imagine they are different being a 4wd motor. so my bad.

And isnt yours a TA22? Ie a totally different car?
GEM13B
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Thu, 16 September 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GEM13B wrote on Thu, 16 September 2004 10:04

i think he meant a 3tg? thats what they came out with in japan land.
id also like to know how a 1g goes in cause i gotta shell thats just begging for some horse power Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad the other option i was thinking of was buying a wrecked vl turbo and putting the running gear from that into it? what do ya's rekon, toyota power or nissan power? that should upset some people Laughing

hahaha
im really not fussed about cutting shit, you should see what my bros rota ke10 looks like, its easy enough to make a new trans tunnel.

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Thu, 16 September 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Thu, 16 September 2004 12:27

uhh arent an ST141 originally produced with a 2sc? Ie, bellhousing, but im not so sure about engine mounts..id imagine they are different being a 4wd motor. so my bad.

Blake, this is one of the reasons you should hold back if you're not that sure what you're talking about. It's common knowledge that converting a 3S-GTE to north-south RWD configuration is a HUGE task, and a long long way from "bolt in". Yes with an ST141 you have the small advantage of the correct sump, engine mounts and bellhousing, but that's the easy stuff. Once you've got the engine in you might notice the distributor has nowhere to go and the bonnet won't close because the plenum is in the way... that's where the work really starts.
toyotacorona
Regular

May 2004
Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Thu, 16 September 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thx alot i'll get in touch with 7m-brisbane i should have the rona on the road by december thx
Gleno28
Regular

August 2004
Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Thu, 16 September 2004 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've seen a st141 with an early 1GGZE auto in, way fast! had a full custom crossmember and mounts but...

My old st141 tried to get an 18rg... that's when i bought my ra28!
the rona went hard with extractors and down draft webber though
ps, how do i post pix?
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Thu, 16 September 2004 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~stevenic/taxi.htm <-- 12 second 3t corona

i had a shitload of info on a 1g conversion but just realised i deleted it all when i put my new hard drive in Mad
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Thu, 16 September 2004 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everything you need, just finished typing it:

http://www.turbosupras.com/~lmdwyer/index.html

[Updated on: Thu, 16 September 2004 18:17]

GEM13B
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Fri, 17 September 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CHEERS FOR THAT MATE!

its just what ive been looking for. Laughing Laughing Laughing
toyotacorona
Regular

May 2004
Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Mon, 25 October 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thx a heaps thats just the site i have been looking for
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: need serious info on corona st141 1ggte transplants Mon, 25 October 2004 14:26 Go to previous message
7M-Brisbane wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 02:16

Everything you need, just finished typing it:

http://www.turbosupras.com/~lmdwyer/index.html

dOOd! when then did that site go back up

[Updated on: Mon, 25 October 2004 14:26]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Supra\Cressida slip yolk with renewable uni's
Next Topic:varying rough idle on 96 camry
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:16:15 UTC 2024