Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » A story in The Age.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

A story in The Age. Mon, 25 October 2004 01:39 Go to next message
V8 tomcat libidos growl and howl

Williamstown's hot-as-hell mobile discos are about to get the red light, writes Suzanne Carbone.

The numberplate on the slick purple and grey Holden Rodeo ute says "HED-TNR". It sums up the psyche of the male driver. It's about chicks. Other plates say "SYKOVS", "SWICIDE" and BUSTME".

There is no need to go to a nightclub to pick up when you can do so in your mobile disco with thumping stereo, DVD player, air freshener and a testosterone-fuelled macho man behind the wheel with a libido as charged as his engine.

The boom-chikka, boom-chikka gets the chicks, then the boom turns into a bang. Love that burning rubber. That's the talk on The Esplanade in otherwise sleepy Williamstown, home to Premier Steve Bracks, former premier Joan Kirner, several magistrates and other professionals who value Willy's backwater charm and peaceful bay vista. And they want it back. But 19-year-old "Sken the Albanian" from Altona and other unofficial western suburbs Muslims have claimed the turf as their own.

"You pick up because of your car," says Sken, a bouncer, kickboxer and gift to women, apparently. He has four mobile phones: one for his girlfriend, one for bitches (his slant on potentials), one for work and one for business. What type of business? "Business," he says coldly. OK, then, I'd better mind my own... business.

Sken's 1981 orange Mazda RX7 was "totally f---ed" when he bought it last year for $2000 but he has lovingly invested $25,000 to bring it up to the standard for a stud. "It has a custom spray job, custom interior, rotary engine 12A turbo, DVD player, stereo and sub-woofer." Three air fresheners create that boudoir ambience. "When the chicks jump in, they go 'Mmm, that smells nice', and I might get a head job." Lucky him, because all the locals get is a headache.

Hobsons Bay's traffic management unit has run Operation Spinner along the beach for two years after an outcry by the council and residents about noise and speed. Removable bollards have been placed on the road between Forster and Giffard Streets and double lines painted to ban U-turns and burn-outs.

The coppers are being too hard - they need to ease off. It's bullshit. Why do they let us buy this stuff if we can't use it?
- Rambo the LeboThe operation was held 29 times last year and yielded 207 offenders, 291 traffic offences, 67 unroadworthy notices - canaries - and 14 criminal offences. There's nothing like the stigma of a canary to rid the area of cars; red-faced drivers don't want mates seeing the yellow. Don't get 19-year-old Axle started about canaries. "What's wrong with a low car with big wheels?" he demands to know.

Technology has upped the grunt of hoons in the 'hood: they hook up by SMS and the Commodore Cruise Club's "Unofficial Street Cruises/Meets" forum at www.commodoreclub.net, which lists a WeStErN SuBuRbS CrUiSe but "No Street Racing Events Allowed".

The warm weather means Operation Spinner has begun earlier than summer, and wisely so, given that the 32 degrees on October 12 drew 5000 people to the beach in rather ugly scenes: police were pelted with water balloons and stubbies and the road had to be closed.

Last Wednesday night in The Esplanade, Senior Constable Cameron Scott and Senior Constable Norman MacDonald manned the Garden Street corner while the western suburbs Muslims hung further up, the "them and us" ethnic warfare mentality as fuelled as a garlic-laden kebab. The brotherhood denounced State Government plans to confiscate cars under "anti-hooning legislation" because it is just police victimising boys from the west, and Muslims at that, even though one of them admitted to unlicensed driving.

It's their car and they'll tyre it how they want to, claiming low cars with fat wheels are safer. "The coppers are being too hard - they need to ease off," says 22-year-old "Rambo the Lebo" from Altona. "It's bullshit. Why do they let us buy this stuff if we can't use it?"

The brotherhood has an unusual sympathiser in Senior Constable Scott, whose opinion has not been totally coloured by the red, green and blue headlight light globes he has seen. "They are not prohibited items for sale but they become illegal when you put them on the car," Senior Constable Scott says. "I sympathise with them that they can purchase these items: however, the legislation says if you want to drive the car it has to comply with the rules."

Senior Constable Scott thought he had seen it all until he pulled over a Trans Am on Wednesday. "It was the biggest stereo I've seen. The two woofers were the size of garbage bins." Size matters when you want to draw the chicks. Cars are not so much a mode of transport but a phallic symbol of prowess.

"It makes me feel like I've got something good, and it attracts attention," says Sken. How many chicks? "Depends how many I want, depends how many I can be bothered with."

Boys and their toys is only part of the story. Female car lover Datto, 27, from Sunshine used to prowl Willy in her 1997 modified yellow Toyota Supra but got sick of being hassled by cops and guys, so she formed the car club Girl Racer Vs. Girl Drifter to pursue her passion in peace. "I spent $35,000 on my car - I had to put my house on hold," Datto says.

Hobsons Bay councillor Angela Altair, armed with her "hoon file", has led the push for locals to reclaim their beach, saying the problem shifted to Williamstown after a crackdown at Altona when a child died in a burn-out accident. Next Tuesday, the council will introduce an irresponsible behaviour bylaw to augment bans on loud music and alcohol.

Zak, 20, says one solution is for police to hold legal drag racing in the inner city, similar to Sunshine's former Operation Drag Safe, where two purpose-built police drag race cars were used for "race a cop" meetings.

The brotherhood resents being treated like the bad guys. Many think they are doing the right thing by shunning violent nightclubs.

"Discos are full of heroes that want to stab guys," Zak says. They would much rather spin their discs behind the wheel, especially Sken the stud, whose favourite tune is Bang This. Boom-chikka, bang.
  Send a private message to this user    
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: A story in The Age. Mon, 25 October 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha, awesome article! I'm so glad to know that the stereotype of hoons in the western suburbs is true Very Happy

(Pack of dipshits the lot of them, but I better be careful what I say, I'd hate to get stabbed by someone who couldn't beat me verbally)
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: A story in The Age. Mon, 25 October 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The brotherhood has an unusual sympathiser in Senior Constable Scott, whose opinion has not been totally coloured by the red, green and blue headlight light globes he has seen. "They are not prohibited items for sale but they become illegal when you put them on the car," Senior Constable Scott says. "I sympathise with them that they can purchase these items: however, the legislation says if you want to drive the car it has to comply with the rules."

WTF?!?!?
van-
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: A story in The Age. Mon, 25 October 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What part of that is confusing you?
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: A story in The Age. Mon, 25 October 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice article but you only had to visit penrith maccas on a saturday night to figure that one out Laughing
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: A story in The Age. Mon, 25 October 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Liverpool Krispy Krenes is annother such place, just wait untill they finish the one at cambelltown, it make things worse.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: A story in The Age. Mon, 25 October 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
penrith maccas is fun
i get the idiots into glenmore park and watch them dissapear in to the rear view mirror as this is a real gokart track
most of them have no idea how to drive around corners Laughing
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

icon14.gif  Re: A story in The Age. Mon, 25 October 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 19:59

penrith maccas is fun
i get the idiots into glenmore park and watch them dissapear in to the rear view mirror as this is a real gokart track
most of them have no idea how to drive around corners Laughing

haha classy mate classy! Evil or Very Mad Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: A story in The Age. Mon, 25 October 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love the string of racial slurs in this....
jeezus
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: A story in The Age. Mon, 25 October 2004 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since when has Owning a modified car (hell stock sometimes) been a crime?? Sitting in a mates car tonight talking to a few other mates, we got told "we're bored, move along or we'll defect your cars to keep us occupied". All we were doing was talking ot mates in a public place Rolling Eyes

The following happend the other night
http://www.thecourier.com.au/detail.asp?class=news &subclass=local&story_id=345466&catego ry=General+News&m=10&y=2004

They fail to mention how anal the cops were, often abusing people, failing to obey procedures etc. Cops had a whole list of names/cars they were after.

Cops: "who's vehicle is this" (pointing to a dead stock VS commo)
Mate's: "dunno never seen the car before"
Cops: "fuckit we'll just tow it, who cares who's car it is"

The funny thing was i think it was just a member of the general publics car Laughing

Cops, go lick a dick and do real work!!!
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: A story in The Age. Mon, 25 October 2004 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clown i think there's a difference between what you're talkin about and the article.... as far as your story goes you weren't being fulsik and doing burnouts/pumping subs on a residential esplanade.

hell if i was a resident and i'd paid my pretty penny for a beachfront house then i'd expect the cops to do something too.

actually there's a funny point, people who sit around saying that they pay taxes to pay cops wage so cops should do more for them. well these beachfront yuppies would be assumed to pay a shitload more taxes than us regular joes so should they get a proportionate amount of love from the coppers?
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: A story in The Age. Tue, 26 October 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im all for copping it on the chin if im doin something wrong. But if im sitting around talking to some mates and get hassled thats wrong! What ever happend to being innocecnt untill proven guilty?? own a modified car and its "guilty by association" before you've even started your car!

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: A story in The Age. Tue, 26 October 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Tue, 26 October 2004 17:43

What ever happend to being innocecnt untill proven guilty?? own a modified car and its "guilty by association" before you've even started your car!

Guilty until proven innocent it is now Sad
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: A story in The Age. Tue, 26 October 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha these people are complete tools......silly mexicans

bathurst-91 wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 11:39

Size matters when you want to draw the chicks. Cars are not so much a mode of transport but a phallic symbol of prowess.

hmmm where is my 1GZFE.....

Laughing
Galactic Soap
Regular

December 2003
Re: A story in The Age. Wed, 27 October 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They actually published that ?!!! I agree with the slut that article is disgustingly racial !!! Mad

[Updated on: Wed, 27 October 2004 05:20]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: A story in The Age. Wed, 27 October 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was in a mates car the other night talking to a few other mates. We got told to "go away or we'll roadworthy everyone of your cars....... by the way that there isn't legal (pointing to tacho)" They accused my mates mate of doin a skid when it wasn't him aswell Rolling Eyes All this for sitting talking to some mates Twisted Evil
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: A story in The Age. Wed, 27 October 2004 07:42 Go to previous message
How is the article racist?

Just because it mentions a group of people under a religeon it does not persecute them under that banner, rather the comments that made the article what it is are their own... nuff said.

If it was a story about bogan v8 aussies in wife beaters you wouldnt think it racist..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Snake II
Next Topic:Hi, I am new here!!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:46:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0089330673217773 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.