Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Feedback for new tech artice

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
icon1.gif  Feedback for new tech artice Mon, 25 October 2004 05:57 Go to next message
Hi there,
I will am seriously thinking of writing a step by step article
for the ke55 coupe to have a new transplant with a 2tg. There is allot of info out there to get it all together, I will pull my ke55s coupe apart, and prepare it for this project. I will have it propperly done with step by step photo's and a description of all work done and how everything has been sourced out. I look forward to feedback on this...
Thanks heaps..
And keep the support coming Smile

Ciaran Whelan
  Send a private message to this user    
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Mon, 25 October 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go for it, with the permission of toymods first of course the tech section is a bit lacking i think.

good luck

Daniel
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Mon, 25 October 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep put it all together and we can get it into the technical articles.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Feedback for new tech artice Mon, 25 October 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chewbacca rocks and so to tech articles

[Updated on: Mon, 25 October 2004 07:44]

brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Mon, 25 October 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im thinking of doing a article for power steering conversion into ra40(or whateva shares the same steering box for that mater) i just need a digital camera and a bit of spare time

would toymods be interested in this
??
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Tue, 26 October 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once I have this done, who will I address this to?
I really want to go about this in the right manner..
Thank you...

ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Tue, 26 October 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested in power steering in an RA40, I don't care what Toymods reckon about that !
I would like to see or do an update on the Hilux/Pug/Corona struts write up, and do a external high pressure fuel pump fitment write up, and add my findings to the excellent write-up by Grant Blundell but focus on the GZE install in an RA23.
What's Toymods position on this ?
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Tue, 26 October 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u know, the more u all talk about writing articles the quicker they get done................... NOT Rolling Eyes

just write the damn articles!, no one cares! u dont need permission of feekback from anyone to write an article, just do it and submit it!

Eye Spin
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Tue, 26 October 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sorry if you have misunderstood what the question was, but I was looking for feedback on whether or not a tech article would be usefull on a ke55 2tg or 2tgeu as one specifically on this has not been done. I appreciate your negative feedback by the way, there will be as many people that don't care as there are that do.. Have a good day Smile
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Tue, 26 October 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob, BTW... these forums are not here to take advantage of, it is very polite to always ask for something, even though permission sometimes isn't needed. Manerism goes along way.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Feedback for new tech artice Tue, 26 October 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just write it, then submit to board@toymods.org.au

then play the waiting game with Nark Razz
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Tue, 26 October 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that Karl, will do that when the project starts after 15th november...

ra23celica... you say: "I don't care what Toymods reckon about that !"
Then you say:"What's Toymods position on this ?"
Not having a go at you man, but thats like... a dumb thing to ask after saying you don't care. A tech article is posted not by us, but by the moderators. They do read these things like what you just said. You havin a bit of a bad day mate?

I'm saying allot of this in jest by the way, so please take no offence.

Ciaran

[Updated on: Tue, 26 October 2004 05:43]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Tue, 26 October 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey thanks for not getting pissed off at my post

what i was trying to do was get everyone to stop talking about it and to hook in and write! there is so much talk and no action and that annoys me.

there always has been, and always will be a need for new tech articles on toymods regardless of what it is and yhey wont refuse your submission.

happy writing Cool
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Feedback for new tech artice Tue, 26 October 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ciaran,
all that is needed for this conversion is to swap parts from, or make the same as, the TE3x cars released in the US and the rest of the world.. there are also TE5x's as well.
if you find out the differences between them, that is all you have to do.. there is no secret to it.
also keep in mind the US cars are LHD and so steering and braking parts may be different.

Johnny's page has info on his TE37 build up, and that will apply to all KE30/50/55's for australia.
an article tying it all together would also be nice, but it sound slike you are fishing for information Wink
Cya, Stewart

cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Tue, 26 October 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that Rob, I very rarely get pissed off at anything like that. As I have said any info and feedback appreciated as this article will start on the evening of 15th/16th Nov when I start the project. It will take a little while to write it properly, but it will be worth it.
Thanks again...

Stewart, you are right, I am fishing for as much info on anything to do with this conversion, as I haven't done it either. I will base my conversion on everyone's input and expertise, and put together a useful pictorial step by step guide on doing this. I am no expert, but cars and engines is my thing, and I don't think it really matters what car it is or engine it is. Anything remotely mechanical, is just that mechanical. If there was a step by step article on this, I wouldn't bother, but because there isn't, I don't mind putting my time aside to compile something of interest. I know there is allot of info out there for doing this, it just all takes time for it to be siphoned out as to what is useful. If there is anyone willing to do a few searches on threads relating to ke55 2tg conversions and everything necessary, I would be very appreciative of that also, as it will cut my time down a bit.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Tue, 26 October 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwhelan wrote on Tue, 26 October 2004 15:43

ra23celica... you say: "I don't care what Toymods reckon about that !"
Then you say:"What's Toymods position on this ?"
Not having a go at you man, but thats like... a dumb thing to ask after saying you don't care. A tech article is posted not by us, but by the moderators. They do read these things like what you just said. You havin a bit of a bad day mate?

I'm saying allot of this in jest by the way, so please take no offence.

Ciaran

Ciaran,
Its all about context, and keeping it in context, and you must bear this in mind when you respond to a post.

Go back to brett_celica coupe's post where he says he is interested in writing an article on a power steering conversion for an RA40. I am saying that I would like to see this, and I don't care what Toymods say, when actually I do, and I am trying to goad them (Toymods) into a response. Recall munki's previous post that says 'with the permission of Toymods first'. Now, no disrepect to Joshtix post in the meantime (he is a top bloke by the way) but I have written tech stuff for other forums and club magazines in the past to never have the work published, and I would not like to see anyone on this forum go to all that hard work and effort and not see the fruits of their labours posted for all to share and enjoy. So, I wanted to see a committment that tech articles will get posted, and The WITZL provided this in his later post, which is great. Thank you. I'm a bit worried that Nark is waiting to see his work go up in lights, but hey ! Cake and eat it too - right ? Smile
So, I don't think it was a dumb thing to say as the Toymods board have now given us a path for us budding authors to follow.
And yes I know they read these articles and what we say in these posts (I am a moderator on another forum) but I will never be shy to voice my opinion and rattle a cage to see what falls out of it. Toymods, to their credit, have indicated that they will do the right thing, which is great.
No offence mean't to you, no offence taken by me but if you are saying a lot of what you said in jest, can you be kind enough to show me what exactly was in jest and what was not, so I can respond to you in the proper context.
And no mate, my day is going well, thank you for asking, as its all back in context now.
Cheers,
Mitch.
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Tue, 26 October 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish you could feel the glow of my smile. My jest was to rattle the cage as it just did, noted also the propper path for the Tech articles to be put into. I figured as to your comments as to do the same job in rattling cages, but that musn't be let known... Its too early in the game for letting the cat outta the cat. Anyway, its great to hear you have had a great day as mine has been stupendishsly fantooshious so far..
Regards
Ciaran Whelan
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Tue, 26 October 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Um, yeah.....right, OK.
Frankly, I think all that effort expended between you and me is misplaced and in the wrong direction. Having a jab at me to get a response from a Toymods board member is a waste of my time, (better spent write tech articles - here here I hear the rest of the members saying).
I had my jab at Toymods (which you repeated in your post) and they have responded appropriately, to their credit. End of discussion and thread.
Tech articles now to be written and submitted.
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Tue, 26 October 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celica wrote on Tue, 26 October 2004 17:12

Um, yeah.....right, OK.
Frankly, I think all that effort expended between you and me is misplaced and in the wrong direction. Having a jab at me to get a response from a Toymods board member is a waste of my time, (better spent write tech articles - here here I hear the rest of the members saying).
I had my jab at Toymods (which you repeated in your post) and they have responded appropriately, to their credit. End of discussion and thread.
Tech articles now to be written and submitted.

Hey there's no need for the sarcasm, The "effort" has been duelly noted. I didn't have a great comment to reply on. It wasn't purely having a jab at you in the first place, I was just looking for more comments that you may have. I think it stinks that you have written tech articles and spent a lot of time doing so, just to be wasted by someone not publishing it. I can understand why some articles need to be moderated, but when something is writen and not published, then what? I haven't been part of any other forum before, so I have no right to comment on how others treat these things. I have only been with Toymods since September, and find it absolutely invaluable. It seems as though there are some good folk on here that are only too happy to help. I have not had dealings with Nark, so cannot comment on what he might or might not find interesting enough to publish.
I think there is an author in everyone on some level, its as you said, just do it.. I take your point to, don't just talk about it. If it thought to be a waste of time, because it has been done somewhere else and I don't know about it, then this is exactly what this thread is about, getting to know the thought pool out there.
Just to let you know, no offence was taken at all, I'm just not mad about nasty sarcasm. Sometimes it can be taken the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, I am known for my sarcasm, but usually just in jest, and never to put someone down.
I have probably taken your comments in the wrong way, if so, just let me know.... Enough said, and thread NOT closed..... I'd like to hear peoples oppinions on the writing of an article.
Regards
Ciaran
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Wed, 27 October 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wars have started over smaller misunderstandings than this.
There was no sarcasm from me at all. I know how nasty that can be and if I was using it I would have surrounded my comments with "sarcasm on / sarcasm off".
I simply did not understand what you said from your previous post, namely:
"but that musn't be let known"
and
"Its too early in the game for letting the cat outta the cat."
I have no idea what you were talking about here and I should have said so rather than my
"Um, yeah.....right, OK"
reply.
Anyway, its done now, the point is moot. "Back to our regular program", as they say on TV.....
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Wed, 27 October 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geeeez get writing less procrastination!

what do you want to know?

there are a couple of sites out there on this conversion, i used these when researching for a mate doing this conversion (which still isnt finished!)

ask on toymods and i and others will be glad to help.

nark is the webmaster and all your waiting for is for him to post it up onto the site.

here are a couple oftips

initially i have heard of the 2t into old corolla's so i convinced my friend that it would be a good upgrade however it doesnt actually bolt up, well it does butr then it doesnt. the carbies will hit the booster/master (cant remember which one) so it doesnt really work, but the engine was nice and far back into the engine bay. Had also heard that the t50 gearbox would go right in, well initially it didnt and the shifter hole was in the wrong spot (dont think the crossmember would fit either but it wasnt bolted on at the time).

now with a little research i found that there are a few sites made by toymoders on this conversion. one of which was johnny's conversion. he had the original diagrams for the te27? crossmember and $100 dollars later a shop had modified the crossmember. now it bolted in nicely the gearbox was in the right place and the crossmember bolted in further down the tunnel. oh and the driveshaft fitted perfectly.

then you need a holesaw to cut out a place for the clutch MC (the t50 is hydro not cable) there is a place in the firewall that has been pressed out for other models but has no hole.

then you need to modify the pedalbox so the clutch master cylinder would operate correctly, dunno what to do here i didnt have anything to do with that bit.

hows that for a start?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Feedback for new tech artice Wed, 27 October 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FFS, everyone get over it Wink

a 2TG into a KE35/55 (they ARE the same) is only replicating a FACTORY RELEASED CAR, the TE37.....

all you need to do is to replicate what they have, and then it all bolts in perfectly...

either ask guys in the US for measurements of their TE37's, or get the toyota chassis/body books that cover TE37 and KE35, and compare them...

there is really very little difference...
cross-member engine mounts,
engine mounts themselves (but since you are making the metal, go for something cheaper like cortina ones)
rear/gearbox cross-member...

there are a couple of different extension housings for T50's.. pick the one that will work for you (ie same shifter position as the K box.. ie middle of ext housing) pick a box that has same output splines as the K box.

T and K boxes ARE SAME TOTAL LENGTH

these conversions HAVE been done many times before, and whilst there may not be a "put bolt A in hole B" type of guide, you can find enough information on the net and in the toyota books.

just do the conversion and see what happens Wink

after all, you are just copying a TE37.. it can't be that hard.
i agree, less procrastination, and less frickin posting.. start with the tools already Very Happy
Cya, Stewart

pushrod_POWA
Regular

January 2005
Re: Feedback for new tech artice Tue, 25 January 2005 06:40 Go to previous message
yes u should definately do that article about the 2tg conversion i would definately read it Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Chopped springs
Next Topic:Boost limits
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:13:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061872005462646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.