Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Anyone have lists of offsets/sizes/widths that oldschool jap rims are available in?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Anyone have lists of offsets/sizes/widths that oldschool jap rims are available in? Mon, 25 October 2004 13:25 Go to next message
Would be very handy. I've searched the net and haven't come up with anything.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 October 2004 13:26]

Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone have lists of offsets/sizes/widths that oldschool jap rims are available in? Mon, 25 October 2004 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres a start: http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/Whee l%20Guide.htm
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Anyone have lists of offsets/sizes/widths that oldschool jap rims are available in? Tue, 26 October 2004 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got some info at home on various rims that suit a RA23/28. I will dig around for it tonight.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone have lists of offsets/sizes/widths that oldschool jap rims are available in? Tue, 26 October 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 23:25

Would be very handy. I've searched the net and haven't come up with anything.

Been there Razz

Thanks ra23celica.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Anyone have lists of offsets/sizes/widths that oldschool jap rims are available in? Tue, 02 November 2004 02:16 Go to previous message
Sorry to drag up an old post but I finally found some info that might help you.

The measurements below were done using rims stripped of tyres, a straight edge and a good tape measure, and clearance measurements are in comparison with the std steel rims, and do not account for tyres, so you can still have rubbing issues depending on your tyre choice.

Std RA23/28 steel rims are 14 x 5.5 and measure 170mm outside edge to outside edge. Offset is 32mm.

MZ/GZ Soarer rims are 15 x 6 and measure 180mm edge to edge in width. Their offset is 20mm and they increase the overall track by 24mm. (Still legal here in WA). They sit 6mm further out/away from the strut tower/shockie than the std steel rim and 17mm further out from the outside edge of the std steel rim.

MA61 Supra rims are 14 x 7 and measure 204mm edge to edge. Offset is 8mm and the track increase is 48mm in total (Illegal but you can argue they are a std Celica rim). These sit 5mm away from the tower more than the std steel rim and 39mm further out than the outside edge of the steel rim.

The best way to picture all this is to draw a vertical line on a big piece of paper. This is your hub mounting face. Next draw three horizontal lines that intersect the vertical one using the offsets above to give you the centre of each rim. Then extend each line for the width of your rim and you have your compariosn chart ready to go.

From this, knowing the rim width and offset you can see what other rims will fit your car.

And for the sake of the exercise, I measured up a aftermarket alloy 7 inch rim in 10mm and 40mm offsets. Given a width of 210mm, the 10mm offset increases track by 44mm, sticks 42mm out further on the front edge but is only another 2mm away from the suspension than a steel rim. Fitting the extra 42mm under the guards would be the problem here. And the track increase as well.

The 40mm offset 7 inch rim, decreases (note !) the track by a total of 16mm (illegal in WA) sticks out only 12mm above a steel rim but is 28mm closer to the suspension.

So, as you can see, as wheel width increases, offset has to drop towards zero in order to fit the rims without fouling anything. Hope this helps.

Mitch.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:t50 in ke70
Next Topic:question about the hilux/corona/puegeot brake upgrade.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:01:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053141117095947 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.