Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mxchris69
Occasional Poster

Banned User

June 2004
URGENT HELP NEEDED Tue, 26 October 2004 05:50 Go to next message
i own an AE82 twincam corolla and i was replacing the spark plugs and one of them would not tighten so i took it out and the bottom half of the sparkplug is stuk in the place where u put the sparkplug in
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED Tue, 26 October 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u mean the spark plug broke as u were removing it again?
mxchris69
Occasional Poster

Banned User

June 2004
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED Tue, 26 October 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was putting the new 1 in and it would not tighten so i took it out and the bottom half was stuck in there
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED Tue, 26 October 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you are in trouble
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED Tue, 26 October 2004 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused <-- bigtime
mxchris69
Occasional Poster

Banned User

June 2004
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED Tue, 26 October 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how would i fix it? would it of been a dodge sparkplug?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED Tue, 26 October 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe.. my bet it was cross-threaded going in

and as you can tell.. I don't have much of an idea of what you CAN do!

It would be so difficult to get a tool right down in that valley where you plugs are.

can you get some long nosed pliers down there? is it flush where it snapped? if so you are stuffed and have to take your head off methinks.. I doubt you can weld anything on to it down there.. no.. that' silly

MAYBE you could somehow get something to stick to it.. or force it around.. but if it is cross threaded I don't like your chances

dude... this is really bad.. I seriously have no idea. see my first post Sad

I hate being negative.

Somebody else please post a solution! heheh
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED Tue, 26 October 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what engine?

if alloy head and the thread is fucked theres not much u can do, best to get a professional to look at it.

unfortunately this is one of those things learnt the hard way, ALWAYS put your spark plugs in with your fingers first and then tighten them with a socket this way u can ensure that u will never cross thread them.

hope it all works out man
mxchris69
Occasional Poster

Banned User

June 2004
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED Tue, 26 October 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4age
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED Tue, 26 October 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dis is very bad dude

this article here

http://www.techguys.ca/howto/spark_plugs.html

says it all

Quote:

It is extremely important that you do not cross-thread the spark plug into the engine - this can cost you dearly in both dollars and hours!  To ensure you do not cross-thread the spark plug, use only your hands during the initial installation.

Take your time and be cautious until you are confident with your abilities - though you should never use anything but your hands to start the installation of spark plugs.

I am so thankful I have never done this bro and I feel your pain right now
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED Tue, 26 October 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Easiest option is to take it to your local thread repair guy (or you may have a local mobile thread repair guy like in Canberra) and they will be able to remove it. Then assess the thread situation and proceed from there.

Another option if you like buying tools is to go to a decent tool store and buy an "easy-out". You will probably need to remove the cam covers to get closer to the spark plug remains (i.e. the spark plug is deep in the valley between the cam covers and their removal will make life possibly easier) and you may need to drill a hole in the middle of the part of the spark plug that is stuck in the head as the easy out will need something to bore into.

Buying the easy-out (brand name I have used was "E-Z Out") and it's associated bits will cost more than having a thread repair guy get it out.

Choice is your, good luck with it.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED Tue, 26 October 2004 06:34 Go to previous message
i dunno about the easy outs

if u drill too far metal shavings will get into your cylinders.

call a professional
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ke 30 auto tail shaft fit t50 box????
Next Topic:TA23/RA2* Ijz-gte or 1ggte conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 01:10:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047991275787354 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.