Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1jz Cressie tranny fixed...ahh the frustration

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bowlsclubboy
Regular

January 2004
1jz Cressie tranny fixed...ahh the frustration Tue, 26 October 2004 08:40 Go to next message
Well guys in a last hope effort to get this fusking transmission to shift properly (ive probably spent about $400 on possible solutions and got nowhere...and god knows how much fuel) I disconnected the 2 plugs that go to the ABS computer in the boot. The ABS light went out on the dash and the tranny works PERFECTLY. You cant imagine how that feels to do something as simple as that to fix a problem that has been with me for 10 months lol...Thanks for all your help anyway guys, thats all the whinging youll hear from me for a while because im in love with my cressie all over again lol...
Cheers,

Troy
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jz Cressie tranny fixed...ahh the frustration Tue, 26 October 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome! I love to hear good luck stories every now and again! Very Happy
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1jz Cressie tranny fixed...ahh the frustration Tue, 26 October 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glad to hear you are happy Troy.Do you understand why the ABS was stuffing up your auto? [I certainly do not,not being smart]
I assume you have no ABS then?
My manual ABS 1j gets wired in the next few days.I have had my share of hurdles to jump.
Fluid activated fan.need pully therefore pump to remain in position so have to create a dummy path for the fluid.Bodgy.Dont like bodgy shit in my work of art.Other similiar problems.Hopefully will all be sorted in time.Never say die.
Cheers.Pete. Smile
bowlsclubboy
Regular

January 2004
Re: 1jz Cressie tranny fixed...ahh the frustration Tue, 26 October 2004 12:11 Go to previous message
heh...i thought i couldnt go wrong with a JZX-81 half cut, at least i got the hydraulic fan! lol...As for the ABS, i read on that supra online manual someone posted ages ago, that the auto may not shift correctly if the ABS light was on the dash. Well my car would work once or twice a month properly (go into overdrive) so therefore i didnt worry about this, thought it was only a supra issue...dumbarse me lol...As for the ABS not working, i think the aussie grande ABS system is a 2 wire jobbie while the chasers used a 3 wire. I dont know why and dont want to know why, i can live without jittery abs hehe...you wait though, i'll be back in a while saying "ouch, wish i had that ABS, poles dont move =\"
Good luck with it mate,

Troy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGE wiring in to Ke20
Next Topic:Head gasket on 1ggte
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 18:59:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055131912231445 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.