Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
icon5.gif  1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Tue, 27 July 2004 14:14 Go to next message
Okies are Gen 2 and Gen 3 Injectors of the same impedence?

Whats invovled in putting Gen 3 Injectors on a Gen2. Do i need to change the resistor, Remove it? I though it would be straight swap being the same engine???

I need to know as i brought some hoping to get little bit bigger injectors witout major change.

Send a private message to this user    
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Tue, 27 July 2004 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okej They both seem to be High impendence. I measured them with a multimeter and both Gen2 and Gen3 read 13.6 ohms.

Don't make much sence since it uses a ballast resistor which sets them to 7 ohms per injector.

Now unless i got jibbed and they are not gen 3 injectors. The physical diffrence beetween the two is the size of the brass nozzle. Gen2 being 23mm and Gen3 being 31mm.

These are the part numbers

One one side for both its the same: 223250-70080
The other side the diffrence is:
Gen2: 0D18
Gen3: 8B07

Has anyone got any Gen 3 injector part numbers:
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Tue, 27 July 2004 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will check for u when I get home tonite.

Craig
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Wed, 28 July 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can tell you for a fact that gen 3 injectors are high imp, and i also know that Gen 1 are low imp. So you can be fairly certain that you have Gen 3 injectors.
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Wed, 28 July 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gen 2 are definitely low impedance as they have a ballast resister, well on my car anyway, maybe Toyota mixed and matched again, I will check the number for you.

Craig
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Wed, 28 July 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okies i have found out that Gen2 are indeed low impedence. So what would be involved to fit the gen3 High impedence injectors.
Is it even worth it since i am raising the boost to 15psi i wanted to give a bit more fuel.
Why did toyota change the impedence on the gen3 motor??

DDeane the parth number would be great. Thanks
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Wed, 28 July 2004 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Knew I wasn't going insane Razz
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Wed, 28 July 2004 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe far from it frank...still i need to know can i or can't i use these f#@en injectors and is it worth it????? Confused
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Thu, 29 July 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you will probably find they wont plug into your loom

7mgte injectors are a great upgrade for a gen1
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Thu, 29 July 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What size are 7mge or 7mgte injectors anyway, just out of interest.

Cheers
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Thu, 29 July 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7mgte = 440cc
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Thu, 29 July 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that the last thing you will need to worry about is there not being enough fuel if you raise the boost on a standard engine and computer. Toyota basically floods the thing once you start to appoach their max boost. Mine at 14psi is somewhere around 10.5, be surprise if yours is any different. In fact I have removed the raising rate off the regulator to reduce fuel. THIS WAS DONE ON A DYNO WITH A A/F METER ATTACHED AND I DONT RECOMMEND YOU DO IT UNLESS YOU CHECK IN THE SAME WAY. I have driven the car with a fuel pressure gauge in place and whatched the fuel pressure rise from 38 psi at no boost to some 50 odd psi as the boost get around 14 psi.

Craig
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Thu, 29 July 2004 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I gotta agree with ddeane, everyone seems to be going crazy with bigger injecters on standard 1gs lately, and theres really no nead Confused

although if anyones interested i do have a set of 7mgte injecters for sale $250 ill pay postage, a nice up grade for a 1g Razz Razz Razz
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Thu, 29 July 2004 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So there is no need for the bigger injectors. I will use the Apexi SAFC to controll mixtures.. I just thought i could squize a bit more power out of it with the slightly bigger gen 3 injectors..
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Fri, 30 July 2004 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope dude, the SAFC will make power by removing fuel. You'll reach the limit of the CT12's long before the injectors run out of duty cycle.
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Fri, 30 July 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool thats what i needed to know..Thanks.
Still don't get why the gen3 1G make more power then. Is it cause of the sligly diffrent turbos or ecu.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Fri, 30 July 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
straight up they run more boost, but then when you turn them both up to 15psi the gen 3 comes out on top. it has to with both the ecu and the turbo design being slightly different. any they are the only differeing things
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Fri, 30 July 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The turbos are slightly different, but the main difference would have to be the tuning in the ECU.
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Fri, 30 July 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Luke it looks like i can't run those injectors i got from you???
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Fri, 30 July 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i read the Ecu is more aggresive....
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Fri, 30 July 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SO HOW FDIFFERENT IS THE ECU ON THE GEN 3

also i suspect the piping for the turvos are too small and if they were made bigger more air can be passed through the turbo

also another thing is the intercooler piping they look nice and fat in the start then , its squuezed to buggery once its gotten down towards the coler , and squeezed again going out of the cooler , and fattens up again when it gets to the throttle body

will making the dialeter the same in the piping give any results , i pretty sure they would ,

any opinions ????
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Fri, 30 July 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm running 2" mandrel bent all the way for my intercooler pipes... the only place that air has a chance to expand is in the intercooler Razz

Did 1st gen 1G-GTE's come as Air/Air at all? Or only Water/Air?
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Fri, 30 July 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same, 2" custom for me
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Fri, 30 July 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well in that case, its lucky i run single turbo and aftermarket management on my gen 1, i might be missing out on that extra power lol. Though the injector imp wasnt the only thing that changed. They run different TPS aswell, dunno know if that makes squat difference but i thought i would add it in.
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Fri, 30 July 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The weird thing is i know my engine is a gen two due the ballast resistor being there but...i only have one plug on my TPS(like a gen 3) and my turbos say C1 and C2 on them..another weird thing i have yellow ecu plugs but 26 pin not the gen2 24 pin. Weird ..toyota is a bit mixed up i think..lol. oh yeah and it runs 10 pouns but with an3inch exaust....go figure Confused
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Sat, 31 July 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I've seen lots of weird things, even differing gen 3s. but all have had grey plugs. but different thermstat housings and ignitor locations etc.

when it comes down to it turn up the boost on a dyno and watch the af ratios.
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Wed, 27 October 2004 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simple question, can I wire up a gen3 ecu and plugs to a gen 2 loom and it'll all work ok ?!
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1G Gen 2 & Gen 3 Injectors: Same Impedence??? Wed, 27 October 2004 06:08 Go to previous message
Yeah i was curious about this too cause i have 26 pins and it would fit a gen 3 plug...But from what i know i don't think you can cause gen 3 have high impedince injectors and gen 2 low impedence injectors...anyways other people would know more
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fuel Question ?
Next Topic:3S-GE + T50
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 18:20:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15861797332764 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.