Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Wed, 27 October 2004 04:27 Go to next message
Just after some insuranc ecompany suggestions as Ammi will no longer touch me for 3 years.
I am 21 and have had 1 disqualification, due to double demerit time, stupid me.

Currently 21 years of age and own stock ae86.
Any suggestions?
And who is best to go with once start modding, such as gze?
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Wed, 27 October 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try Shannons insurance

speaking of disqualifications, i got a letter in the mail yesterday saying i'm runnin on thin ice, if i re-offend in the next year i'll be suspended! Rolling Eyes
Galactic Soap
Regular

December 2003
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Wed, 27 October 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I got that letter too, lol, Its on the back of my bedroom door now, along with my 3 other DQ Letters. Twisted Evil

Go TeamDQ

Cheers
Soapy
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Wed, 27 October 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with just cars on a perfect record and i pay 700 fire and theft on a ae86 with minor mods...

i pay to much Sad
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Wed, 27 October 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 16:01

I'm with just cars on a perfect record and i pay 700 fire and theft on a ae86 with minor mods...

i pay to much Sad

how old are you? is your neighbourhood bad or somethin? that sounds wrong.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Wed, 27 October 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im 19... i don't any car alarm or immobilsers or anything so thats prolly why i pay so much...

my neighbourhood is very good
andrewa
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Wed, 27 October 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about no dq
licence for 2yrs
20yr old

difference between ae86 with
16v
or
4agze

??
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Wed, 27 October 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find it hard to get insurance, I tell them I have a 2L inline 6 celica XX, and they tell me that I have a 2L inline 4 FWD celica...

I have explained it to them, but they seem to think I don't know what car I own Confused Should I go in and pull one of them out to show them the number of cylinders? Oh, they also ignore me when I tell them I have two turbos Wink I feel as though they don't want to insure me or something?
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Wed, 27 October 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 15:53

I find it hard to get insurance, I tell them I have a 2L inline 6 celica XX, and they tell me that I have a 2L inline 4 FWD celica...

I have explained it to them, but they seem to think I don't know what car I own Confused Should I go in and pull one of them out to show them the number of cylinders? Oh, they also ignore me when I tell them I have two turbos Wink I feel as though they don't want to insure me or something?

Imported car - hence no-one will touch you! I'd be very careful if they have the wrong details down because if you have crash they'll just walk away. Try Just Cars or similar for modified grey import cars. Also shop around because some insurance companies are just ridiculously priced as they don't want to insure high risk people (like young male drivers in turbocharged cars).Wink
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Wed, 27 October 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea they often come up with a problem when they cant match your car to their computers pull down menu, they end up having a super-blond moment! haha
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Wed, 27 October 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My disqualificaiton was silli, I was speeding but I had my red P limit of 90, and the fatc it was double demerit fucced me hard.
Really sneaky hidden speed trap, when I pulled ova I nearly hit a group of em haha.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Wed, 27 October 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Getting stooged is me. 22, never lost a point, no crashes, 800 for 3rd party

Twisted Evil insurance company's
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Wed, 27 October 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I am hoping i wont get hit too hard once the 1ggte goes intot he hilux, 26 yrs old and rating 1 (not that that effects third party) never lost a point, well thats my wife and its getting insired in her name Very Happy
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Wed, 27 October 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fire and Theft with JustCar on my ae86 is just not worth it, its an extra $300PA or so for the fire and theft, then you pay a ridiculous under 21 excess and they give you back market value of a stock ae86 which currently is $1,300 - $2,800.

I'll just stick with 3rd party prop, until I can get an agreed value thanks.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 October 2004 08:35]

Sw4y
Regular

February 2004
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Wed, 27 October 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GEEZ....Im Payin around 300 for 3rd party,fire and theft.
That is with a few previous fines etc etc

with my previous sprinter which was modded it was around 800 through Just Car.

pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Wed, 27 October 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i pay 696 with a "stock" sprinter
i have 1 disqualification due to speeding on double demerits and 1 neg driving count

just cars is pretty much the only insurer that would take me
hahaha
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Fri, 29 October 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 16:01

i pay to much Sad

i know someone with just cars with a sc ae86 with few other mods that is only paying $600 for TPFT plus he would only be on a no claim bonus aswell
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Fri, 29 October 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get comprehensive in your parents' name, that way you can drive it 'occassionaly'. Coz it covers occassional drivers, and if something happens say its only the 2nd time you've taken it out Rolling Eyes

That's what i did with my gze Very Happy
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Sat, 30 October 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 16:23

have you mentioned that its an import?
might help, if not...just say its a supra as its the closest thing to it

not that this is much of a comparison but i pay 440 a year for third party fire and theft on my poopra
20yrs old, no current DQ's and level 3 no claim bonus(but i dont think that matters on anything but full comprehensive)
so i'd guess i'd be paying alot less for a corolla...i mean sprinter Smile
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Sun, 31 October 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 14:27

Just after some insuranc ecompany suggestions as Ammi will no longer touch me for 3 years.
I am 21 and have had 1 disqualification, due to double demerit time, stupid me.

Currently 21 years of age and own stock ae86.
Any suggestions?
And who is best to go with once start modding, such as gze?

Stock except the trd springs and the rims, nat.

Give shannons a call, there pretty reasonable, make sure you tell them EVERYTHING about the car.

Cheers

Steve

[Updated on: Sun, 31 October 2004 08:32]

Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Mon, 01 November 2004 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get it Insured under Grandma's name... This is what I did after 4Years of walking...
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Insurance co. sug: 3rd party, 21yo w 1disqualification (stock ae86) Mon, 01 November 2004 07:56 Go to previous message
Sw4y wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 18:52

GEEZ....Im Payin around 300 for 3rd party,fire and theft.
That is with a few previous fines etc etc

with my previous sprinter which was modded it was around 800 through Just Car.

That's because you don't have a pee pee.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:corolla questions?
Next Topic:I broke it please help, AE86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:35:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068099498748779 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.