Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
genkin
Regular

January 2004
All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 01:58 Go to next message
Has anybody else got Lilyphilia after watching this?

I'll be thinking about this for the next few weeks.

Share your thoughts...

-Philia
  Send a private message to this user    
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I watched that movie last night.Anything Japanese always catches my attention thats why I watched it.Although I dont know about that music Very Happy
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably the most compeling, well presented, well directed, well written asian movie I have ever seen... and people who know me know how many asian films i have seen...

i used to have Yuichi standing in the grass field as my original avatar on this website...

I lost coutn how many times i watched the film... more than 5 easily... and it took me about that many times to finnaly sit through it and not throw my hands in the air and say WTF????

the first two times i watched it, i had to turn the film off to stop my self being physically sick... it's not that its disgusting... its just... sickining in the truest form... despite it being a fictionaly story line, you cannot help but realise the true cruelity of youth and how quickly ones innonce can be stolen from one.

The fate of Yoko Kuno and how Yuichi doesn't do anything to prevent it acctually caused me to turn off the tv and have a ciggarete... Also the end of Shiori Tsuda was tragic to say the least...

I find it amazing that the story is somewhat losely based on a real story. Lily Chou-Chou is an actual musician, and there was at a time, such a chatroom like that of Lily-Phillia

The Debussy soundtrack added so much to the film that words cannot begin to describe how it makes you feel...

Don't be turned off by the film if you don't understand it the first time around. In fact, if you do understand it, your missing out on some greater points of the movie...

For those who liked Lily, Try Iwai's earlier work in his film Love Letter!

thanks for reading!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh crap.... I knew that was a good movie when I watched a few bits and pieces of it before crashing!!! GRRRR!!! Now I'll have to rent it or some shit.

Speaking of movies that are hard to sit through without throwing your arms in the air and yelling "WTF?!?!?", who has watched Eraserhead? I love it, and love to lend it to people and see what they say next time I see them and ask them what they thought.
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wonder if kuno-chan ever forgave yuichi...
i guess that is up to us to decide. i like to think she did.

i have briefly seen love letters.
it is presented in a very similar feel to this movie.

if anyone knows how i can get copies of these films, please PM me.
i would love to watch them again, and again.
although with films like this i dont think you will ever truly find closure. they just keep nagging at you.

afternote:
i hope we all learn an important message from this film...
the way we treat others around us can affect them in was we could never imagine.

... so don't disrupt the flowing ether (uh huh)

[Updated on: Thu, 28 October 2004 05:28]

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't believe that Kuno would forgive Yuichi... Despite Yuichi's attempt at redemetion, is kuno ever likely to find out that it was Yuichi who did that to Hoshino? doubtfull, and even if she did... the damage to her is allready done

i have lily on dvd genkin, if your comming down in december i could burn u a copy... i got it from yesasia...

im also getting love letter soon...
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Thu, 28 October 2004 15:35

i have lily on dvd genkin, if your comming down in december i could burn u a copy...

Can I be included in that offer??? Please?? Very Happy
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes you can Laughing
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Thu, 28 October 2004 16:10

yes you can Laughing

Good man!
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was pretty sick last night and ended up laying on the couch channel surfing... and being japanese it caught my attention as well... i jumped into it where those boys were following her around and the dude ended up walking her home and she attacked him, kicking him and hitting him with her bag.... i got really caught up with the movie but the part where they attack that little chick and she ends up being raped.. was pretty strong... i watched it till the end but as i didnt catch the start i didnt really have a full comprehansion of what was going on....

i was going to look up the movie today to see if i could find anything about it online... so it was called Lily right?

Anyone know where i could find a whole copy so i can watch it from statr to finish?

Neko ^-^
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That movie is pretty powerfull stuff ! Despite what happened to Kuno I think shes rather cute Very Happy

I get what you said about the ending Genkin I get peeved off and keep thinking about what was going to happen

Also im sure you can find a copy of this movie in Chinatown somewhere.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 October 2004 09:34]

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.yesasia.com

thats where i got it... i think around 25 bucks shipped
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can someone break this down for me.
What was the movie called and basically what was it about overall. And what makes it so damn good?
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All About Lily Chou-Chou

a compeling depiction of life as a youth in japan

Its shocking and compeling, which makes it so good...

basic enough for u?
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
<in pureness of Ether, we have Life..>
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like modern Japanese films (1940-present), I've noticed most directors set a slow paced movie.

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your up for some more award winning jap films of recent times

try these two which featured at melb international film festival this year as a pair

Aragami and 2LDK

both top of the line japanese films with top notch acting, directing and scripting...

cheers
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about that Kitano Takeshi's KIKUJIRO... Very Happy

man thats quite a film that one... quite a pisser!! Laughing
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can i just ask what the relevance is to the 'blue cat' in this movie?
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Thu, 28 October 2004 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I havn't seen that one yet, but it sounds good. I love all of Beats' work naturally... he is defently a great actor/director, can be serious when he wants and can have a good laugh at the same time Razz

Quote:

Can i just ask what the relevance is to the 'blue cat' in this movie?

you can't really give away who bluecat is without ruining the story line, rewatch the movie and u'll understand it... just read the apple Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 28 October 2004 15:25]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Fri, 29 October 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Thu, 28 October 2004 16:11

ShiRi wrote on Thu, 28 October 2004 16:10

yes you can Laughing

Good man!

me too? me too?
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Fri, 29 October 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll trade you for a drive of ur trueno Laughing Laughing jks

shit man, this is getting expensive, 4 copies so far hahaha

look this film isn't for everyone... some of you won't like it, but its a great film... i've talked it up because its one of my top 3 films i've ever seen!

This film is defently for people who enjoy movies... not just for entertainment, but as social commentery...

for those who want a copy, can you just pm me and i'll pass on my phone number, you can pick it up at drift day at calder... just give me a call, or look for the white guy in the ricey orange 86..
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: All About Lily Chou-Chou Fri, 29 October 2004 09:06 Go to previous message
ill pay ya $5 for your troubles! Smile

ps. no one drives my trueno unless i know they can handle it

Wink

[Updated on: Fri, 29 October 2004 09:12]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:saw resident evil 2 apocolypes !
Next Topic:Nissan exa vs commodore drivers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 13:56:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.026906967163086 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.