AuthorTopic
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
ma70 manual conversion Mon, 11 October 2004 12:45 Go to next message
before u lot start...i have searched Rolling Eyes

i have just a few specific questions
(i have done a manual conversion b4 on a sil just not on a supra)

*is there already a hole with a gromet in it for the master cylinder or maybe just an indent like in silvias where u still have to cut through the outer skin?

*what color are the wires that need to be chopped and soldered together that lock out being able to start the car in any gear, what color are the reverse lights ones?

*tail shaft needs to be lengthened...by how much...do the splines from the auto shaft match the manual box?
can the shaft be changed to one piece?

*how do i tell what box my brother brought? is the a serial nr on it somewhere?

if someone has done this before and doesent mind helping ill appreciate ur help very much, i havent seen any of the parts my brother got yet but i figure i might as well do my research before i do this one and it might go smoother then the s13 conversion Very Happy

thanx

Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ma70 manual conversion Mon, 11 October 2004 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobski wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 22:45

*is there already a hole with a gromet in it for the master cylinder or maybe just an indent like in silvias where u still have to cut through the outer skin?

There should be a hole there already.

Quote:

*what color are the wires that need to be chopped and soldered together that lock out being able to start the car in any gear, what color are the reverse lights ones?

About to start that exercise myself, so can't help you at the moment, but from research, the wire colours are yellow and white+blue stripe on a Mk2, and yellow and blue+red stripe on a Mk3

Quote:

*tail shaft needs to be lengthened...by how much...do the splines from the auto shaft match the manual box?

Once the box is installed, measure from the end of teh gearbox to the diff flange and take that measurement and your bits to the tailshaft people. For a A340e, the spline is different to the W5x.
Quote:

can the shaft be changed to one piece?

Yes, but it involves removing the diff of engine for replacemnt or removal. Therefore not a good idea for most people and situations.

Quote:

*how do i tell what box my brother brought? is the a serial nr on it somewhere?

See the FAQ link at the top of the section.

Note, the above replies are based on a Mk2 Supra wuith 7M-GTE, so a Mk3 may be different

Cheers

Michael B
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: ma70 manual conversion Tue, 12 October 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx mate looks like im up for anoter uphill battle Wink

Adam
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: ma70 manual conversion Thu, 28 October 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump

im picking up a soarer half cut today with a 7mgte + manual, and i got a couple more questions maybe someone will be able to help me....is a soarer 7mgte + manual box same as ma70 supra? will it drop straight in? i mean physically does the gearbox mount up or do things need to be changed compared to puting in a supra manual box?

Adam
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ma70 manual conversion Thu, 28 October 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MZ20 Soarer right? They're practically the same car as an MA70 so you should have no problems.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 October 2004 02:47]

Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: ma70 manual conversion Thu, 28 October 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx

y did u say before that its different?

Quote:

Re: ma70 manual conversion Thu, 28 October 2004 12:46

No it's quite different. The engine mounts are different, the electronics are different, the shifter position is different, and I think the sump is different as well. In a nutshell you're looking at twice as much work to get the same result... not such a smart move!

its the old soarer shape...a half cut from japan, i figured its the same car jst different external pannels basically...is that correct?

Adam
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ma70 manual conversion Thu, 28 October 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geez you must have got in quick... I changed that almost immediately after posting it! For some reason I thought you were doing a 1JZ conversion, so I was thinking JZZ30 Soarer.
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: ma70 manual conversion Thu, 28 October 2004 04:10 Go to previous message
Laughing haha...nah i get all replys of posts that i post on sent to my email Smile so yeah...thats y i saw what u first wrote and i was just messin about i knew what u ment...but thanx this eases my worries

Adam
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:22 pin connector for 1JZ auto ECU
Next Topic:burnt out cat
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 07:41:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066869258880615 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.