Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Western Australia » PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 20 October 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Lauryn.. what car will it be this time from your fleet??! Very Happy haha

glytch - what year WRX? .. MY05 STI's are not welcome! Razz
You can come but don't expect too many other WRX's there.. especially since most of the cars are pre-90's!! Razz

Good to see people are still keen!!

Damo
TRD 83
  Send a private message to this user    
glytch
Occasional Poster

September 2004

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 20 October 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a MY99. Stock bar a modified airbox.
The MY05 STI may have to wait a little while Wink
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 20 October 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have just sent the GT4 off to get engineered, so it looks like I will be there next week, all going well.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 21 October 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff,
Good news mate - well done. I'm almost at this stage with my GZE RA23. Can I ask who is doing your engineering for you ?
Thanks,
Mitch.
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 21 October 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul from AUTOWORX in Wangara. He specializes in licensing imports but he may be able to help you out. Are you going to be able to make it for the cruise?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 21 October 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heads up on a night cruise tomoz night.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=49012&rid=4164&S=feb8eb486345ccf0336801c ff582b4d5&pl_view=&start=0#msg_447066
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 21 October 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff,
I hope so, I'm putting together a air filter box for the thing and then I hope to see an engineer after that.
Cheers,
Mitch.
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 21 October 2004 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im guessing the ST205 is too new skool?? maybe I can steal my old ST162 off me sis Very Happy
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 21 October 2004 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I vote for the 205, over the 162!
Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 22 October 2004 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
count me in damo, hopefully in the towelrack supra with a "SECRET" new addition Cool its goes sumthing along the lines of a VEILSIDE FRONT BAR Shocked Shocked but hush hush aight keep it on the downlow. Either way i'l be there in sumthing, prolly not the mini though Rolling Eyes

Lata
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Sun, 24 October 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATE people: - cruise will be starting at same carpark the last cruise finished at (for those that were there). For those that don't know, its the Kmart undercover carpark at Garden City shopping center, Booragoon (just off Almondbury Rd). Arrivals from 7.30pm.. cruise starting around 8ish.
And in case people want a general idea, we'll be ending up at Karrinyup. Final map is being drafted and will be handed out on the night. Please respond on this thread if you are coming so i have a rough idea on how many maps I need. Thanks! Very Happy

matty - looking forward to catching up with you and that wild supra!! Smile a bit of Veilside flavour hey?... well knowing you it will be somethin out there!! hehe

Damo
TRD 83
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Sun, 24 October 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I shall be there, most likely hanging at the back of the line with CrUZsida.
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Sun, 24 October 2004 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You may add me to the list Smile
spectre
Regular

July 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Sun, 24 October 2004 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How long do you guys rekon the cruise will go for? Ive got my highschool graduation that night, starts at 7:30 so im not sure when itll finish... might be able to make it to one of the checkpoints prehaps?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 25 October 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm tempted to bring the super ugly dorifto Celica. Now, how to make it look not so....ugly Razz
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 25 October 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how long/far is this cruse planned for?
ie 7:30 untill when?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 25 October 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends how long we spend chatting.
Last friday night the cruise I was on finished just on midnight.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 25 October 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spectre - go to your High School grad man.. enjoy the night! It only happens once!!... there will be other cruises for you to come on.

JCMF - yeah, bring the drifty Celica!! Doesn't matter what it looks like, we all know my car isn't much to look at either! Razz

setsuna - basically what crUZida said... all depends, can't put an exact time on things, but budget at least a couple of hours... so roughly 10pm I guess we should be at the final checkpoint... but if there is somewhere else you have to be, thats cool mate, you're free to leave whenever..

Damo
TRD 83
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 26 October 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car is now licensed, so I will definitely be there Very Happy
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 26 October 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Jeff - excellent news!! Very Happy
Look forward to checking out the new ride on Friday!

Damo
TRD 83
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 26 October 2004 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there with TOYCSX with the new 97' Jap spec 3SFE and Dean will be bringing his 3SGTE camry. Also my mate andrew with his 01' rolla.

So thats 3 maps for us.
Cant wait guys. Cool Cool Cool
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 26 October 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might turn up in my yellow beastie.
aLPiNesTaRs
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 27 October 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep dats rite ill be der in me 01 rolla
hope da rsm is installed in time for me to make it to da meet point
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 27 October 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put teeBore's GZ20 down.
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 27 October 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Cress will be there But I will be at the back of the pack because its runing like a dog. If I try to accel more than half throtle it starts to miss then loses any power the 6m might of had Smile. My mate in his ae86 should be there.

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 27 October 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont worry mate, even a half-powered 6M will be able to run rings around the 21R-C Razz
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 27 October 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey hey, count me in. I'll show in my Sprinter representing 4A-C power Very Happy
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 27 October 2004 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmm
maps here.....get your maps here !!!!

http://www.oldskooltoys.studiovee.com.au/downloads /cruise_map_29-10-04.html
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 28 October 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noiiice grafix bro, we is da OST crew and we is coming for your punk arse.....
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 28 October 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mitch, you coming?

[Updated on: Thu, 28 October 2004 09:06]

WaynO
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 28 October 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well looks like I won't be bringing my coz its still on the jacks and will need all Saturday to finish it Sad

BUT

we will be bringing the miss's Celica instead!!! Very Happy

Although I'd rather drive my Crying or Very Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 28 October 2004 12:33]

WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 28 October 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
People on our OldSkool Toys mailing list would have had time to print out the map by now.. but I'll have a few extra copies on the night for people that don't have access to a printer.
If you need one, just come and see me! Smile

See all you guys tomorrow!

WAYNOFX - i think i remember your car from the Rollaboyz days.. its a pity it won't be there - but there's always next cruise!!

Damo
[TRD 83]
WaynO
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 28 October 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA_TRD_83 wrote on Thu, 28 October 2004 20:48

WAYNOFX - i think i remember your car from the Rollaboyz days.. its a pity it won't be there - but there's always next cruise!!
[TRD 83]

Yea its certainly come a long way since the old Rollaboy days but like you said, always the next one and I'll share a few more new toys with you all too Laughing

Thanks matey!
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 28 October 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMO, I will need a map from you as my printer is FUBAR. Cya tomorrow night
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 29 October 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let me apoligise in advance boys (and girls)

My car tonight will be squealing like a bitch all night, due to a slipping belt.

In a last ditch attempt to fix it last night, I was thwarted by Murphy's Law.

All I can suggest is that if you are near my car when it happens, turn the music up, I know I will.

Cya's toniiiight
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 29 October 2004 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damo,

can I make a request about tonight? I haven't been on a OST organised cruise before, so I apologise if I'm about to tell you how to suck eggs...

Can you say something (a general welcome to the people gathered for the cruise) before we head off from Garden City at 8.

I have been on cruises where people meet up, barely say a word to each other, then the organiser of the cruise lets everyone know it's started by getting in his car and driving off without saying a word!

Cheers mate.
Maniac
Regular

September 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 29 October 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My rust bucket will be there.....along with its diff issues..... Crying or Very Sad When does it start??
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 29 October 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
optionUP wrote on Fri, 29 October 2004 13:30

Damo,

can I make a request about tonight? I haven't been on a OST organised cruise before, so I apologise if I'm about to tell you how to suck eggs...

Can you say something (a general welcome to the people gathered for the cruise) before we head off from Garden City at 8.

I have been on cruises where people meet up, barely say a word to each other, then the organiser of the cruise lets everyone know it's started by getting in his car and driving off without saying a word!

Cheers mate.

seconded!
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 29 October 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damo if you want I will print out a few maps just in case people forget there one . I hear it could rain tonight that could make it interesting Smile
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 29 October 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should we wear name tags? Smiley =
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 29 October 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might be at the end of the cruise, finish work at 9pm.

I'll be there in me corona Cool

name tags would be good Razz
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 29 October 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Fri, 29 October 2004 14:21

optionUP wrote on Fri, 29 October 2004 13:30

Damo,

Cheers mate.

seconded!

Suggestions noted - thanks guys... I'll see what I can do *ponders* Rolling Eyes

As for the non-speaking part... so far people I've met from OST seemed to be good easy going people willing to chat.. its just a matter of going up to people and saying g'day! Smile

DAMO
TRD 83
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 29 October 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uhhh... im gonna need a map

my printer just had a cry Crying or Very Sad

so if someone can help me out, that would be great Smile
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 29 October 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA_TRD_83 wrote on Fri, 29 October 2004 17:50

Suggestions noted - thanks guys... I'll see what I can do *ponders*

Just remember the two golden rules to public speaking:

1: Imagine them all naked, and

2: Half of them won't know what you're talking about, and the other half won't care!

[Updated on: Fri, 29 October 2004 10:09]

driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
icon14.gif  Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 29 October 2004 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great cruise damo Very Happy

thanks for organising it Smile
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 29 October 2004 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice cruise! thanks for organising it damo. Although for the ricer at the end with the blue decals and blue/red lights and floodlights.. what a hoon he was aswell.
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
icon14.gif  Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 29 October 2004 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, good job! Saw a few people get foxed by that right onto Huntriss, though - maybe have a new cruise rule 'no right turns'? Smile

That fool at the end... some people just don't know how to keep it responsible on the streets. :/
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 29 October 2004 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I couldn't make it to the last meeting point. Good job Damo Wink , I enjoyed catching up with some of the people from my last cruise with OST, and I liked meeting some of the new folk aswell. Roll on summer. Very Happy
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 29 October 2004 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics where where Razz

i was on my way there at about 9.15 then my car drove me all the way to armadale Surprised
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Sat, 30 October 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I bailed on the last check point ppls

Saw the fuzz and decided it wasn't worth hanging around.

Did they do anything?
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Sat, 30 October 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like no major dramas on the cruise, the turn out was pretty good...wish i could of hung around and went with u guys, after i left saw a sprinta heading garden city way at a rate of knots Very Happy so kickin myself for not stickin around but ahh well...

post some pics as soon as u fellas get round to it

Adam
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Sat, 30 October 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys!! Thanks for all the positive feedback!
Yeah I enjoyed it aswell. not a bad turn out. Some friends of old - some new cars.. all good to see down there! Very Happy

Peewee - its a pity that you took off man - but understandable at the same time Razz

Don't worry - I took care of those hoons and their riced up cars with the flashy blue/red lights.. now who puts lights on the top off their car?! don't they know its supposed to go underneath!! hahaha
After those tosser's sat there watching us in the car park for about 20 mins, I simply said "nothing to see here officer" and off they went at a rapid rate - which someone pointed out.. Isn't it meant to be 5km/h in carparks?? Tossers.
The Second female officer was cool, i just flirted with her, gave her my phone number and sent her on her way! hahaha Laughing I think they were just OldSkool Toyota fans!! haha

Thanks for the majority of good behaviour last night.. we went past a few cops but most were ok to let us continue on. Smile

See ya all next time!
DAMO
TRD 83
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Sun, 31 October 2004 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for organising the cruise Damo, it was good to see some new parts of Perth Smiley = Was good meeting a few people as well!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Sun, 31 October 2004 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers Damo Very Happy We need a longer cruise next time Very Happy

As an aside though, these are the pics I took the other night:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/cruise 29102004/frameset.htm
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 01 November 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AHHHH!!
I missed it.. had a 'date' grin.
then she bailed Sad((

next time will def come along!!

how many rocked up this time?
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 01 November 2004 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How was the driver behaviour behind the wheel on the night ? Was it a casual stress free cruise or a sprint from meeting place to meeting place ? And were there any/many sideways entries and exits into car parks ? I saw what Damo posted to the OST list about driver behaviour and I trust this is what happened. Poor driver behaviour out in the public on public streets is the quickest way to give our interest / hobby a bad name and make us an unneccessary target for the Police. I don't know about you, but a speeding fine or dangerous driving charge is not the way I want to end a nice drive with friends in Perth.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 01 November 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was rather tame compared to some of the things I've seen, a couple of traffic light grand prix's for sure, but nothing crazy.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 01 November 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 11:34

It was rather tame compared to some of the things I've seen, a couple of traffic light grand prix's for sure, but nothing crazy.

Embarassed
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 01 November 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers for the cruise Damo, I had fun ^_^

I'll post up my pics later on in the week as I am currently swamped with assignments O_o

Take care all.

Bobski, wish u could've stayed around, would've been good to see the gold beast in action.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 01 November 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 11:34

yeah second that.. most people were we'll behaved, thanks for that guys! Smile

I agree with Mitch - the last thing we wanna do is draw unnessacary attention to our group when the Police are already out to crush our fun!

Nathan - thanks for the photoshoot... thats the most pics I've ever seen of my car!! haha Razz
As usual, my pics will prolly keep hidden due to their file size i may stick a couple of good ones up and edit them to a smaller size. All my pics will be on the 'OldSkool Toys' official website when its up and running.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.. I may just have to organise another cruise for the future!! Very Happy

Damo
TRD 83
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:State Events Only - Final Warning
Next Topic:Perth: Drag Wars
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:01:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01160192489624 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.