Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
74gt
Regular

October 2004
L's horror stories Thu, 28 October 2004 13:11 Go to next message
Ok just thought I'd explain why I hate Holden Astras. I was on my L's driving my TA22 with dad in the passanger's seat and coming home from Yass. The road was a 80 or 100, (I think), dual carriage way and I was doing the speed limit. When the sign said merge right left lane ends. So by this time 3 or 4 cars had passed me when I was about to indicate right as the slip lane started to run out when I saw a holden (opel) astra in my rear view mirror about 20 metres behind me flash his lights. The slip lane had about 50 or less metres to go and this fucking astra went past me at the last second literally forcing me onto the shoulder Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad

For an experienced driver to do this to an L plater is fucking stupid. Had we collided, his car would have been torn to shreds as the celica is metal and an astra is not. It also could have caused a serious accident at that speed.

Anyone else have a horror story of something happening while on your L's?
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: L's horror stories Thu, 28 October 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've caused horror stories Embarassed

well, made them stall anyways. was in a parking lot late at night where they wouldn't inconvenience anyone.... back when I was younger and nastier
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: L's horror stories Thu, 28 October 2004 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only problem i had on my L's is that i kept dragging every single car that stopped next to me Razz

I'm a good driver now Very Happy

I'm also very generous to L platers, one L plater was pulling into KFC and couldn't get over the speed bump and kept stalling it Razz so i was just sitting for just under a minute watching this l plater starting and stalling, i tired my best the keep a straight face. Very Happy
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: L's horror stories Fri, 29 October 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
74gt wrote on Thu, 28 October 2004 23:11

For an experienced driver to do this to an L plater is fucking stupid. Had we collided, his car would have been torn to shreds as the celica is metal and an astra is not. It also could have caused a serious accident at that speed.

if cops saw you indicate and him speed up, he would of got booked Evil or Very Mad

Havent had any horror stories...luckily. I used to drag everyone off the lights as well, heaps of fun... Very Happy
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: L's horror stories Fri, 29 October 2004 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
74gt wrote on Thu, 28 October 2004 21:11

Anyone else have a horror story of something happening while on your L's?

Welcome to the world of driving where everyone thinks they own the road - don't worry it will happen to you again, just be prepared for it, and realise it's not worth worrying about at the end of the day!
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: L's horror stories Fri, 29 October 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh I'm used to dickheads on the road now, but when I was on my L's, I couldn't think of a more stupid thing to do.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: L's horror stories Fri, 29 October 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
used to drag in the EL xr8 back in the day Smile

about a week away from my 18th, i ran a red light by accident, couldnt tell, but an undercover cop was behind me, few sets of lights later, pulled me over, gave me a light warning Smile (my excuse was I was stressing about the test or some bullshit)

L platers should be tested on their ability to control a car, not how safely they maybe able to.. Coz I kno some "safe" fresh P platers, but they can't drive to save their lives...

Cheers,
James
Bradelz
Regular

June 2004
Re: L's horror stories Fri, 29 October 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all,
i get my l's on monday, so we will see how i go, is the DKT test hard? i have been studying my book and doing those online tests, i'll tell you what happens after monday, i will be driving my ke35 YAY!! Surprised
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: L's horror stories Fri, 29 October 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the DKT is a piece of piss, its all common sense. They used to have all the possible 300 questions online, read through those once and you'll be sweet Very Happy

EDIT: oh, and good luck Cool

[Updated on: Fri, 29 October 2004 12:31]

mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: L's horror stories Fri, 29 October 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate, should come to sydney learn how to drive
none of this signalling then wait for someone to let you in, it just aint gonna happen
here we just jump into the lane first forcing the car behind to slow down, then turn on the indicator to show we won Very Happy
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: L's horror stories Fri, 29 October 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

then turn on the indicator to show we won

lol
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: L's horror stories Fri, 29 October 2004 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck getting your L's...the best advice is again to just use common sense.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: L's horror stories Fri, 29 October 2004 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
74gt wrote on Fri, 29 October 2004 22:12

Good luck getting your L's...the best advice is again to just use common sense.

haha common sense.

Question 1.

Which of the following statements is true

a. Alcohol makes you a smarter and better driver.
b. Drinking alcohol gives your car 20% more horsepower.
c. Drink and drive and your a bloody idiot.
d. All of the above Razz

errrm can I phone a friend Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Fri, 29 October 2004 18:57]

Bradelz
Regular

June 2004
Re: L's horror stories Sat, 30 October 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, thanks yeah i have done those dkt tests a few times i will read throught all the questions and answers they have a whole .pdf document, so i will give that a read.
cya later
brad
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: L's horror stories Sat, 30 October 2004 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Fri, 29 October 2004 17:11

L platers should be tested on their ability to control a car, not how safely they maybe able to.. Coz I kno some "safe" fresh P platers, but they can't drive to save their lives...

Cheers,
James

I totally agree, a few of my friends could drive within saftey standards, but still didnt have a clue about driving. I think the practical test should be expanded in some way. I dont think it accuratly assess the drivers ability to be able to handle all conditions.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: L's horror stories Sat, 30 October 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Fri, 29 October 2004 22:53

mate, should come to sydney learn how to drive
none of this signalling then wait for someone to let you in, it just aint gonna happen
here we just jump into the lane first forcing the car behind to slow down, then turn on the indicator to show we won Very Happy

I've mastered that allready... since my dad works in the city... he's allready told me the tricks of the trade when it comes to aggressive merging and skipping queues... probably not a good thing...

My worst experience was when I was in my KE55 in the middle of a round-about and a LS470 Land cruiser came through without slowing down... when the lady saw me she locked up all fours and gave me the stare as though i'd done something wrong... I was nearly oblitorated and she was blaming me...
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: L's horror stories Sun, 31 October 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indicators?

They are an optional extra that some car buyres cannot afford, aren't they?
Galactic Soap
Regular

December 2003
Re: L's horror stories Mon, 01 November 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aaaahhhh L's those were the days, lol Shocked Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, this thread reminds me of a girl in high school who failed her P's because she hit a pedestrian !!! Shocked Very Happy

Cheers
Soapy
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: L's horror stories Tue, 02 November 2004 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahahaha sh*t. silly girl
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: L's horror stories Tue, 02 November 2004 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree, the P practical test is way too easy. I mean even parallel parking which is the hardest bit is simply a formula (turn the wheel left X amount, then turn back Y amount) if you have an instructor's car so even if you don't know what you're doing it will still work and you'll pass.
I was thinking about it a little and can't really think of any ways to expand the test.

Anyone got ideas?
jhalmers
Regular

July 2004
Re: L's horror stories Tue, 02 November 2004 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe a defensive driving course at a blocked off road with cones or something Evil or Very Mad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: L's horror stories Wed, 03 November 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with the Idea of the advanced driver training course it might also help kerb the road toll. The curfew idea is the biggest crock of shit ever, my bro has been reading up on it. Some of the amazing studies have found that by stopping p platers from driving for 8 hours a day they stop 30% of accidents. NOw 8 hours is 33% of a day, and majority of p'platers have accidents when they are driving at night cos they drive mostly then.
Another decided that it reduced the number of accidents between 10pm and 6am. Well give that moron a fucking medal, if you aren't driving how the fuck can one have an accident.
I'm on my green p's the system is so easy and I feel when I first got my p's I prob wasn't that great. I did actually complete the whole 50 hrs unlike others, but could have passed my P's test after about 20 according to my instructor. THis is the problem, we can pass the P's test piss easy but are not necessarily ready to drive.
An advanced driver training exposing p-platers to obstacles unforseen hazards and wet drive on a skid pan would be brilliant. Fuck off the green p hazard computer test bring on the real world, instead of just pressing a screen, we would have to brake steer and change down gears, much more fun, practical and actually helpful.

The green p's test makes no sense anyway. Are they saying that for the past year we didn't need to percept hazards, and you'll still be on the road even if you fail.
I've had many occasions where I had to react morons turning out on me kids running across the road and every time I've stopped. BUt I am also getting an advanced driver training course for christmas one cos it will be fun and two cos I want to continue to improve my skills. I may be getting a job inwhich I have to drive in peak hour evry day for an hour and would like to have the skills to try and prevent the unforseen events from happening.

What we need is driver training not computer tests or curfews. The only time a curfew would be useful is in the first 6 months of p's, this is when ppl are at most risk of having an accident.
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: L's horror stories Wed, 03 November 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i stalled at some traffic lights and started the car and got going just before they went red again leaving everyone else behind Laughing.... im sorry
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: L's horror stories Wed, 03 November 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 11:05

I agree with the Idea of the advanced driver training course it might also help kerb the road toll. The curfew idea is the biggest crock of shit ever, my bro has been reading up on it. Some of the amazing studies have found that by stopping p platers from driving for 8 hours a day they stop 30% of accidents. NOw 8 hours is 33% of a day, and majority of p'platers have accidents when they are driving at night cos they drive mostly then.
Another decided that it reduced the number of accidents between 10pm and 6am. Well give that moron a fucking medal, if you aren't driving how the fuck can one have an accident.
I'm on my green p's the system is so easy and I feel when I first got my p's I prob wasn't that great. I did actually complete the whole 50 hrs unlike others, but could have passed my P's test after about 20 according to my instructor. THis is the problem, we can pass the P's test piss easy but are not necessarily ready to drive.
An advanced driver training exposing p-platers to obstacles unforseen hazards and wet drive on a skid pan would be brilliant. Fuck off the green p hazard computer test bring on the real world, instead of just pressing a screen, we would have to brake steer and change down gears, much more fun, practical and actually helpful.

The green p's test makes no sense anyway. Are they saying that for the past year we didn't need to percept hazards, and you'll still be on the road even if you fail.
I've had many occasions where I had to react morons turning out on me kids running across the road and every time I've stopped. BUt I am also getting an advanced driver training course for christmas one cos it will be fun and two cos I want to continue to improve my skills. I may be getting a job inwhich I have to drive in peak hour evry day for an hour and would like to have the skills to try and prevent the unforseen events from happening.

What we need is driver training not computer tests or curfews. The only time a curfew would be useful is in the first 6 months of p's, this is when ppl are at most risk of having an accident.

Driving instructors teach you how to pass, not how to drive. its fucking stupid. I think that all L and P platers should be made to do defensive AND advandced driving coarses.
Ive done a defensive driving coarse at H.A.R.T in st ives and i learnt heaps from it.
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: L's horror stories Wed, 03 November 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When i get my Pz im going for the biggest cruise get the whole of sydney to drive up to qld and watch there mouths drop.. 6 MONTHS 2 GO feer ME! Surprised
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: L's horror stories Wed, 03 November 2004 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i stalled at some traffic lights and started the car and got going just before they went red again leaving everyone else behind .... im sorry

I hope that wasn't in the RX-7!
crayz legz
Regular

January 2004
Re: L's horror stories Wed, 03 November 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick2b wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 16:51

When i get my Pz im going for the biggest cruise get the whole of sydney to drive up to qld and watch there mouths drop.. 6 MONTHS 2 GO feer ME! Surprised

lol iv got 7 months an i cant wait 2 get my p'z its also good caus il get em in tha snow season an i can go 4 a road trip up there! Very Happy
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: L's horror stories Wed, 03 November 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crayz legz wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 19:09

lol iv got 7 months an i cant wait 2 get my p'z its also good caus il get em in tha snow season an i can go 4 a road trip up there! Very Happy

if you live in sydney you'll be going DOWN to the snow Evil or Very Mad
ae80
Regular

August 2004
Re: L's horror stories Wed, 03 November 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crayz legz wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 19:09

Well i win, cause i only have 8 days!

Heaps of my friends get their P's.. but when they drive, they are shit, they dont look and arent aware of anything around them.
I agree that the test should be harder, (even though i havent taken it yet) .. from what ive been told and see from new P's platers, its way to easy!
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: L's horror stories Wed, 03 November 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
test is easy...just dont speed, or hit a kerb. A mate of mine failed 5times Shocked
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: L's horror stories Fri, 05 November 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When i get my licence back i will only have my L's so i have to get my P's AGAIN !!!
I always try and make it easyer for L platers when i can.
I was never nervous as i learnt 2 drive at like 13.
Getting your p's should have some sort of "out of total control" situations istead of parking and shit like that.
I mean how many cars do u see that are parked well ????
Not many i bet, I've taught a few people what to do in emergency situations and things like that ,
It's scary how many women will let go of the wheel and cover their face when in danger .
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: L's horror stories Fri, 05 November 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 13:47

It's scary how many women will let go of the wheel and cover their face when in danger .

Shocked the most any women has driven me in like the last 3 years is when my sister dropped me the 2km to work once.
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: L's horror stories Fri, 05 November 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My best L's story is when Targa Tasmania was on a few years back, i was sitting at the lights and a dodge viper came up next to me (targa car), i gave the little mazda 323 hatch a rev and he flored it! my mum was pissed off!
ae86_boy
Regular

August 2004
Re: L's horror stories Fri, 12 November 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just got my L's on monday, ill see what trouble i can get up to
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: L's horror stories Fri, 12 November 2004 03:33 Go to previous message
I got a welt on the back of my head from my mum when she hit me.... accidently kicked the fairmont out sideways going onto Salisbury Highway.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:The United States says "Sorry"
Next Topic:[SA] Part Time Job Required
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 20:25:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080008506774902 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.