Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Thermo Fans Wont Clear 3SGTE Engine!!!!!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mittyk
Newcomer

November 2004
Thermo Fans Wont Clear 3SGTE Engine!!!!!!!! Tue, 02 November 2004 00:08 Go to next message
Hey ppl, This one is for the people who have put a 3SGTE in a 1986 model celica sx.I have got the engine in but when i went to fit the radiator and thermo fans i struck a problem. And that problem being that the thermo fans are too big and hit the turbo and exhaust. So how have u people fixed this problem?

Thanx in advance
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Thermo Fans Wont Clear 3SGTE Engine!!!!!!!! Tue, 02 November 2004 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put thermos on the other side of the radiator. You won't be able to use a stock shroud setup I doubt though.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Thermo Fans Wont Clear 3SGTE Engine!!!!!!!! Tue, 02 November 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or find some from a 3S-GTE engined Celica, they'd obviously be designed to overcome that problem
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Thermo Fans Wont Clear 3SGTE Engine!!!!!!!! Tue, 02 November 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't remember what my ST165 looks like (it's been a while) but it has one fan on either side of the radiator (ie one on the engine side, one of the front bar side) I think that they are placed on opposite ends as well...just can't remember which way around.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Thermo Fans Wont Clear 3SGTE Engine!!!!!!!! Tue, 02 November 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thermo fan is on the radiator top hose side - the other is for the aircon i believe ?

( never qworks on mine - dead aircon atm till monday )

if it fouls - get yourself a davies craig slimine fan - cheap + easy
bradl3
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: Thermo Fans Wont Clear 3SGTE Engine!!!!!!!! Tue, 02 November 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u cut the shroud off the fans... and put them where they should go it fits... good luck
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Thermo Fans Wont Clear 3SGTE Engine!!!!!!!! Tue, 02 November 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fans that come with shrouds usually do so for a reason
if you cut them away you wont get as good air flow through the radiator which might prove to be an issue

[Updated on: Tue, 02 November 2004 10:32]

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Thermo Fans Wont Clear 3SGTE Engine!!!!!!!! Tue, 02 November 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a similar issue with my RAV4 - I took off one of the fans (the thermo fan, not the A/C) and replaced it with a 12v slimline jobbie from Supercheap. Does the job quite well, although it's on all the time when the key is turned.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Thermo Fans Wont Clear 3SGTE Engine!!!!!!!! Tue, 02 November 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havent worked on electric thermos b4 but surely theres a thermo relay you could hook them up to rav-gt4?

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Thermo Fans Wont Clear 3SGTE Engine!!!!!!!! Tue, 02 November 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think there WAS a relay there before, but then again I didn't wire the fans up either. Sad I don't know if the relay's still used or if it's just stuck or what...
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Thermo Fans Wont Clear 3SGTE Engine!!!!!!!! Tue, 02 November 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeha that all i got is a cheap super cheap suot slim line one down there but i had it wired on all the time with the key on but burnt it out in a week, so i wired up the a/c one from the half cut ahdput it on the a/c side of the radiator and condensor and that all it runs atm the replacement thermo from supercheap isn't even int he car. hasn't even gone past the half way mark on the stock temp gauge and that on a 30-35 degree day in traffic so i'm happy!

Nezza Cool
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Thermo Fans Wont Clear 3SGTE Engine!!!!!!!! Wed, 03 November 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aust162X used the thermofan from a ST165 in his conversion, apparently the mechanic / importer just had it lying around - talk about lucky! It bolted straight up and looks tidy as. Maybe try your luck and call around, you're bound to come across one sooner or later.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Thermo Fans Wont Clear 3SGTE Engine!!!!!!!! Fri, 26 November 2004 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for a cheaper option you could look for a thermo fan that came out on the st162 with the 3SFE engine (ST model). they mount on the out side of the A/C radiator.

Karl
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: Thermo Fans Wont Clear 3SGTE Engine!!!!!!!! Sat, 27 November 2004 07:55 Go to previous message
hey, ur main fan (the one on the right) when facing the front of the car will clear fine. u just have to cut a section of the shroud off. as for the other fan i used a st165 fan (like smashed wombat said)that was mounted on the otherside of the core, behind the grill.u could also buy a slimline and mount that in a factory location. depends what u want to do. u can either buy one fan or two...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA22 Boot Seal
Next Topic:Penrite Limslip 90 or limslip 140, what should I use?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 11:08:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052571296691895 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.