Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 11:32 Go to next message
Just thought itd be good to see what kind of cracked excuses you guys have used to get out of work. I know there are heaps funny excuses made up when you work a crap part time job at maccas or pizza hut etc.

I've used:
- stung by a blue bottle and feeling faint.
- crashed my car (i was actually out wakeboarding haha).
- Im too drunk.
  Send a private message to this user    
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"im sick" Rolling Eyes always works for me, not that i use it often coz i need the $$$ Very Happy

others that have worked when you're doing something more worthwhile "stuck in traffic...some accident up the road" Rolling Eyes
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I took a week off once because my feet were "severely sunburnt" (this was for the first 3 days of the week), then we had a very bad storm and a tree had fallen onto our house causing a lot of damage and several others had fallen over along the roads in and out of the valley so I could not get out (this was for the Thursday and Friday).

My feet were actually so badly burnt that they were bleeding and weeping the whole week, and I did get a certificate, but nobody believed me until I returned to work unable to wear shoes except to and from work! And Tommo, they got burnt so badly while I was standing on the side of the river waiting for my next turn wakeboarding! haha

The whole tree thing was semi-bullshit tho.

My boss knows I'm a serial sicky-taker, so it's almost like a game of how ridiculous a story I can come up with now.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i told dominos...i "couldnt be bothered" they said, well thats a poor attitude and i would have a reduction in hours if they werent under staffed and then she said but fair enough, i think she hated it too... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

i used

ran out of fuel
flat battery
sick X 1000000
flat tyre
sore back

hahahahahha Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i worked at domino's i became good friends with the 2 managers, and they didnt give a fuk Very Happy

The good old days...if only they payed more Rolling Eyes
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm dead. I'll bring in the death certificate tomorrow.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not to make my injury seem petty Rolling Eyes but im on workers comp for my neck/shoulder so if i dont want to go i just mention my neck/shoulder and they tell me not to come Laughing and im on LIGHT DUTIES

i once took 2 weeks off on that excuse so i dont use my annual leave
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine started off legitimately enough Wink I was doing pizza deliveries when my brakes failed big time coming down Cordeaux Heights. Having nursed it back to the shop I called it a night, the manager wasn't too happy since I was the only driver on...

Anyway I used the dodgy brakes excuse to get a month off, 'nope, haven't fixed it yet, maybe next week' Laughing
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i took 2 and a half months off work from a car crash but i only needed a few weeks

just last week i hit myself in the ankle with a cricket bat to get the weekend off i had previously taken a week off for a sprained ankle but i felt i needed the weekend to "rest it" Razz
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I plan my sickies and build up to them during the week.

If I want to take friday off I start coughing on monday, then it gets worse and worse till thursday afternoon I say "this isn't worth it, I'm not coming in tomorrow if its this bad". Also done diahrea (sp?) build up by visiting the toilet more and more rapidly over a couple of days. Its a nice place to sit and think, just gets a bit chilly.

I've also done my GF/brother is sick and I'm staying home to take care of them. Even if they go to work.

Usually I just ring up and say "I'm sick and not coming in today"
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find it best not to actually say whats wrong, I usually just say 'im not well and wont be in today'..
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"I'm sick" is the perfect excuse... it's not like they can complain much since I only get paid 3/5's of the time i'm there, the b!stard wank#rs...
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like your style.

SupraPete wrote on Tue, 02 November 2004 21:28

If I want to take friday off I start coughing on monday, then it gets worse and worse till thursday afternoon I say "this isn't worth it, I'm not coming in tomorrow if its this bad". Also done diahrea (sp?) build up by visiting the toilet more and more rapidly over a couple of days. Its a nice place to sit and think, just gets a bit chilly.

I've also done my GF/brother is sick and I'm staying home to take care of them. Even if they go to work.

Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A guy at work used the excuse "im having family issues"
My boss had the shits with that and told me, "Tom dont ever make up some bullshit excuse! if you want a few days off just say so." Im pretty happy with that! Very Happy
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sated wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 08:36

I like your style.

I like your dash Smile although it should be idling at 600 like mine Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't afford to chuck sickies being casual and all, only time I've had off were genuine, just dont take up extra shifts when they call me too much. But as I said need money and only work part time. If you wanna appear sick just hit yourself in the nose of rub it like crazy you'll start sneezing and will appear genuinely sick then just go home. Or fake a headache as thye cant prove either way.
Tis bit hard for me to fake sickness though my brothers in fifth year medicine and he would know lol
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 02 November 2004 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-I fell asleep at the train station and missed my train next one won't be here for ages and it won't really be worth me coming in.

-I'm sick

-I have to sand bag my front from the flooded creek

-I lost track of time i thought today was Sunday

-I can't walk

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: excuses to get out of work Wed, 03 November 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 10:45

-I fell asleep at the train station and missed my train next one won't be here for ages and it won't really be worth me coming in.
-I lost track of time i thought today was Sunday

bahaha the epitome of youth Laughing
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: excuses to get out of work Wed, 03 November 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've used all those excuses when you live an hr and half away from work on public transport they beleive you, in reality i was calling them from my bed coz i couldn't be bothered walking to the phone in hallway.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: excuses to get out of work Wed, 03 November 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Tue, 02 November 2004 21:28

Haha, you're as bad as me...need to set the scene. I only work on the weekends, so if I need the Sunday off, I come into work on Saturday "not feeling great".
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: excuses to get out of work Wed, 03 November 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it true that u dont actually have to tell them why ur not in unless they ask for documentation or something?
my excuse out of pizza hut driving have been the following

- Lost my wallet which had licience in it

- i have no car to use..my car is gettin work done and my parents forgot i was working...

- i think id be still over the limit from last night (pros of the 0.00 blood alchol limit)

- cant afford petrol

- (rainy days only) wind screen wipers arent workin atm

- dislocated my knee again..shoud be right by next week ill let ya know Razz

-my car is parked in and i know one is home and i cant find the keys.

-Lost keys
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: excuses to get out of work Wed, 03 November 2004 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If I want to take friday off I start coughing on monday, then it gets worse and worse till thursday afternoon I say "this isn't worth it, I'm not coming in tomorrow if its this bad".

----
Yeah i do that as well, or if i get to work i i really dont wanna be there ill start feigning sickness in the morning....
the plus of going in and then leaving is you can give them to really really sincere " There was no way i was going to take today off, i want you to think im really dedicated, and i am, i woke up thismorning feeling bad, and i thought i would get better, but you know what, im just getting worse... its really not worth me being here coz you dont pay me for nothing and thats all im really doing, being here and feeling this way" *puppy face*

Works a damn treat everytime, and they think you are super dedicated for coming in whilst you are sick Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 03 November 2004 09:12]

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: excuses to get out of work Wed, 03 November 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 10:45

I can't walk

Laughing Laughing Laughing
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: excuses to get out of work Wed, 03 November 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is not really related but.... i have lost my licence for 3 months, and so i dont have to work overtime i have told the boss for the last 3 months that i dont have a car coz the engines getting rebuilt and i get picked up...hehe he always says when are you getting your car back those engine rebuilders are dodgy haha Evil or Very Mad .

Im getting my licence in a bit over a week woohoo Very Happy, anyone up for a cruise?.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 November 2004 10:15]

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: excuses to get out of work Wed, 03 November 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i rarely take sick days
taken two(in a row) in the past 2 years...possibly more
and that was legit(pulled shoulder muscles at work)
i'm a real glutton for punishmment these days as i've aquired a strange case of severe work ethics
probably stemmed from when i was in highschool i chucked many a sickie

my number 1 excuse to get out of work was i'd rock up(make sure i'd run a bit to get to work to get a sweat up) walk around the garbo area for a bit to make myself feel sick(the smells comming from there were nasty....chicken sitting in bins in the sun all day :S) then i'd go in, say i wasnt feeling well and then run outside and make a few heaving noises in one of the bins(you coudlnt tell what was what in some of those bins) and they'd buy it Very Happy
i was a sickly lad in those days Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 03 November 2004 11:10]

fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: excuses to get out of work Wed, 03 November 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh... I took my first ever (paid) sicky about three weeks ago. I felt fuggin awful though (and did work the rest of the week, still sick). On the flip side I can just ring up at 10am and say 'I have to do car stuff this morning, won't be in until after lunch' and they say 'OK'. My work's cool like that, not that I do it too often.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: excuses to get out of work Thu, 04 November 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My boss is in a different state so i'm ok.
and cuz i've got to look happy all the time in front of my employees i can say stuff like.
"I'm really missing my ex i don't think i should go into work"
or to leave early i say
"I'm training a new recruit"
I've got hay fever" (which he has witnessed me suffer)
Just anything really i've had people say to me "i'm too hungover"
Just to be a prick i make them come in anyway HAHA
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: excuses to get out of work Thu, 04 November 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My reason for a sicky a few weeks back was 'swollen glands and aches all over'

3 days later on my days off it actually happened. Those exact symptoms. I couldnt beleive it. Damn you health!
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: excuses to get out of work Thu, 04 November 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For some reason I never take sickies, probably because both my old and new bosses have been very understanding when asking for time off..

Best reason I've used would've had to have been for a half day's "sex leave" Very Happy
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: excuses to get out of work Thu, 04 November 2004 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 23:33

For some reason I never take sickies, probably because both my old and new bosses have been very understanding when asking for time off..

Best reason I've used would've had to have been for a half day's "sex leave" Very Happy

hahaha you are THE MAN!!!
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: excuses to get out of work Fri, 05 November 2004 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
womens problems also.... working mainly with guys.. they dont wanna go near it with a ten foot pole.... its the best excuse ever, because they can think its bullshit all they want, but they dont dare challenge it....
its a 'convinience' thing... ^-^
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: excuses to get out of work Sat, 06 November 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Sat, 06 November 2004 02:47

womens problems also.... working mainly with guys.. they dont wanna go near it with a ten foot pole.... its the best excuse ever, because they can think its bullshit all they want, but they dont dare challenge it....
its a 'convinience' thing... ^-^

Its not convenience...
Its cause you have boobs.

My works fucked (petrol station) I have to give at least a months notice to get a day off, and Im casual. Today I worked 9.5 hrs (1.5 overtime) cause there was no one else in till 6 -we are so understaffed - and I also had to train them as they had been working for a week....
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: excuses to get out of work Sat, 06 November 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just got off work early tonight....

Pulled a muscle in my thumb from cleaning the pie oven.

I dont take sickies due to the fact im a casual barmaid. I dont get paid for them anyway.

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: excuses to get out of work Sat, 06 November 2004 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol

in the year and a half that ive been in my current job, ive only taken 2 days sick. they were in the same week, and genuine! i was royaly fucked.

how come everyone takes so many sickies?
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: excuses to get out of work Sat, 06 November 2004 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to spoend more time on the fooolie siik forums dude
Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: excuses to get out of work Mon, 08 November 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-It's my parrots bowling night and I have to coach it.
-My car did swerwed of the track and the tram that I took had flat tire.
-Car wont start(this can be used only when there's over -20C out there)

I once disclaim myself of from work in the middle of the day, I just did go to boss and said that "I go to build my car" and I left. Wage did come afterwards. Laughing
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 09 November 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't take sickies unless I'm sick, so now have a mountain of sick leave. One guy who works with me has been with the company since 1965 and had around 180 days of sick leave accrued!.

But when I do take sickies, I always phone it in from my mobile (company phone) when still in bed Laughing . Just the thing for that croaky, can't talk, am dying horribly and slowly aesthetic!
But then I feel a bit guilty for having the day off anyway, even when I'm sick.....
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 09 November 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was a tennis coach b4 and i always used

1. It's raining over here. courts are wet!!
2. Courts are not dry yet
3. Lights are being fixed (night lesson)

Ofcoz ur screwed if ur student lives near the tennis court Shocked Shocked

ofcoz
4. I'm injured. sore shoulder, ankle, back etc.....
R-jay
Regular

February 2003
Re: excuses to get out of work Tue, 09 November 2004 06:18 Go to previous message
"dude im not coming in today/tomorrow" normally does it...

as for leaving early, "heading out, wont be back, bye now" works fine also, hehehe....

it's good being in mangement, hehe... boss is never around so im the boss.... and when he is around, he doesnt care what i do... gotta love the job....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:i love 4age pic, with tits
Next Topic:SA - Goose at court
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 00:51:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079860687255859 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.