Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
agentx
Regular

August 2004
help needed abt RWC Wed, 03 November 2004 01:37 Go to next message
hey guys, vicroads screwed me over lol, they said i havta transfer the car into my name in 2 weeks ( one i bought from NSW a month ago ) i was like "u guys told me i had 3 months" and they go we said if it was in YOUR name in NSW THEN its 3 months.

oh well im screwed for cash now. i wanna get some stuff cleared abt roadworthy.

my car is lowered 2.5 inches but with proper shocks etc, not just cut springs. is that legal? also the tints are REALLY dark, does that come in roadworthy?

cheers guys!

Agent ] x [
  Send a private message to this user    
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: help needed abt RWC Wed, 03 November 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Talk to a mechanic. The roadworthy regs you get from Vicroads are super vague and so it depends a lot on the place you take it. I've seen an RX7 with a huge T04 hanging off the side and aftermarket management get a roadworthy (although only after trying three mechanics).

Having said that, I'd reckon the tinting would trip you up and from memory you can legally decrease the distance between bump stops by up to a third and springs have to be captive at all times.

But just go and talk to a bunch of mechanics and see what they say.

Hen

PS, you can remove tinting with a hairdryer and scraper and a couple of nights of swearing.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: help needed abt RWC Wed, 03 November 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is all in NSW, so im not sure if it's the same for you guys:
your car can't be lower than 10cm from the ground all the way through, no matter if you've got it with proper springs or cut (illegal).

About the tints, if you car is complianced pre August 1994 or so, then you can say that they came with the car (5% is the lowest u can go). If it was complianced after August 1994, then you cant go under something like 15%

Very Happy
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: help needed abt RWC Wed, 03 November 2004 06:48 Go to previous message
Yeah the 10 cm rule applies in Vic. If you can find someone to give you a RWC though you should be fine at Vicroads.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Car Games: For the Risk Taker
Next Topic:MAPS?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:57:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053942203521729 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.