Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 04 October 2004 03:24 Go to next message
Hey Guys,

I'll be in the market for a new car in the next few weeks, and the JZA70 is on my most wanted list. Is anyone here looking to sell their JZA? or know of someone who is selling?

I'm not fussed on modification level, it can be high or low, I have about 20k to play with... Canberra or Sydney area

Thanks

-Andrew

[Updated on: Mon, 04 October 2004 03:36]

Send a private message to this user    
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 04 October 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you buy a black one from an Andrew in newcastle a while ago?
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 04 October 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that was me
Very Happy
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 04 October 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha I see, He's one of my best mates, I used to live with him Very Happy (been in that car many a time) I was hoping nothing happened to it!
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 04 October 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope, never owned a JZA before, just my ZE corolla Smile

been wanting one for ages though!

-Andrew
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 04 October 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries mate Smile

-Andrew
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 04 October 2004 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about a 1JZ GZ20 Soarer?
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 04 October 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah sorry mate, nice car, but not my cup of tea Smile

-Andrew
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 04 October 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's almost the same thing Smile
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 04 October 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nearly.. but not quite Very Happy !

-Andrew
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 04 October 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll take a 1jz soarer! Very Happy
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 04 October 2004 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cash me up!
Yenda
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 04 October 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have an MA70 supra.. you interested in them?
spans
Regular

January 2004
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 04 October 2004 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine will be for sale soon. I'll prolly post and ad here in a couple of weeks but this is good to see the interest out there...

Its a 1990 JZA70 5 Speed (R154) Excellent Condition (Its my Baby)

Quick Run down of Mods:

3" Custom SS Mandrel Bent Exhaust
Hybrid 600x300x75 Bar and Plate Intercooler w/ custom pipework
Blitz Full Auto Turbo Timer
Blitz Twin SBC Boost Controller
Exedy 9 puck Heavy Duty Ceramic Clutch
2500lbs Exedy Pressure Plate
HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve
K&N Air Fiter
Apexi AFC
Short Shift kit

17" ROH Adrenaline wheels
Cusco CompS HA Coilover Suspension
EBC Greens up front

Alpine CDA-9807 CD/MP3 Head Unit
Alpine V12 5 Channel Amp
6.5 MBQuart Reference Class Splits
12" Alpine VR Sub in Custom box

Toms Body kit - just the front bar is on atm... have the rest lying around for whoever buys it... although if it doesnt sell, im gonna put it on for Motorvation Smile

In its current guise has run a 13.6 down the qtr with a slipping clutch. Should be good for a reasonably low 13 sec pass.

Looking for about 16.5k for it which considering its condition isn't unreasonable.

I am in Perth though so that could be a problem ? If your interested contact me via a PM. Cheers.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7011

Attachment: SuplahFrontSide_1.jpg
(Size: 82.81KB, Downloaded 678 time(s))

spans
Regular

January 2004
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 04 October 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As for your soarer Danish ... I could be interested once my suprah is sold Smile

What are the specs and how much you chasing ?
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Tue, 05 October 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check your PM spans Smile
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Tue, 05 October 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spans,
I'll take some pictures of it today and create a for sale page, but so far the mod specs are on my members rides page below:
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Wed, 06 October 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Luke's car is sexy... and quiet!

Sell me the short shifter ya bastard! Razz
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Thu, 07 October 2004 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, the only thing tunring me off buying a supra of this age atm, besides the fact that they all seem to be in perth Smile is the amount of k's on them, 155000 seems to be fairly standard for the amount of k's on one which is a bit high for me, I don't think I really want to fork out for a new engine in the first two years of owning it (I do a fair few k's a year, mainly highway, but still a few).. It's a hard choice!

-Andrew
su_pr_aero
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Thu, 07 October 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buy mine! Oh, wait, then you couldn't get it registered. Like me. Bugger. (see my post: JZA70 for Parting Out)Unless you got friends in the Roadworthy Certificate business who could fake that it's complianced for a coupla dollars under the table, know what I mean? I'd sell cheap!

Raf
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Fri, 08 October 2004 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I saw your post mate, man the bloody sucks, sounds like it would have been a pretty sweet ride!!

Unfortunately, I do not have friends in the right places - wishing I did now!!!

Crying or Very Sad

I really really want a JZA70! Just need one with lowish k's thats all Sad

-Andrew
spans
Regular

January 2004
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Fri, 08 October 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to put it into perspective.

My idea of lowish kay's is anything that has done 10,000ish per year of its life.

a 1990 JZA70 Supra for instance is almost 15 years old. Taking the 'standard' of 155,000km's for one of those, that is just over 10,000km's a year.

How low do you want to go ? For a car in Australia, that is pretty freakn' low in terms of km's drivin!!!

If you think you will find one that has about 100,000km's, in my experience you will be kidding yourself, the clock may show that amount of kay's but what does the condition of the car tell you ? I'd be almost certain that any 15 year old supra that has about 100,000km's on it has had its clock wound back.

Besides, its not how many kilometres you have done in it, its the condition of the motor and how those kilometres have been drivin that determines a good quality supra...

Just my 2cents

Luke
asdfsupra
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Fri, 08 October 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no offfence spans but i got a ltd 87 ma70 7mgte in excellent condition which only had 1 owner b4 me its only done 92000kms and i have log books so i think it is not unattainable to get a xxxa70 with low ks u just have 2 look around. but i do agree that 10000kms per year is low. so ae82 if ur willing to go for the older brother mine might be up 4 grabs soon.
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Fri, 08 October 2004 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I know 10,000 a year is low Smile, and yes I know its about how you maintain a car that determines its quality.. I'm just having a winge Very Happy

I'm still interested in yours spans, just wish you weren't in bloody perth!!

I haven't driven a JZA70 yet, which is a must do before getting my heart set on actually buying one, just need to find one on this side of the country first..

-Andrew
spans
Regular

January 2004
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Sat, 09 October 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why would I take offence to that ?

I never said they they were impossible to find, only that in my experience they are extremely rare and any supra that I have seen with low kay's on it hasn't been reflected in its condition.

I'm sure they are around though, just good luck finding one! It's good to see there are still REALLY low mileage supra's out there, and in excellent condition!
JZA-07T
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 25 October 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much for your Soarer.... ???
JZA-07T
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 25 October 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im looking to sell mine its 86 model with a 1jz conversion straight body immac...
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 25 October 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Expressions of interest at this stage:

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/soarer

JZA-07T
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 25 October 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would you consider trade fro a MA-70 supra with a 1jz.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 25 October 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry no, but I'd consider a trade for a 1990 Celsior, C-Type, F-Package!
JZA-07T
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 25 October 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well wat is ur opinon regarding the 89 model MZ21 with a 1jz i was thinking of buying that one its been advertised on toymods a couple of times i dont know if you have seen it ??
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 25 October 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check your PM
ljgtr
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Tue, 26 October 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This might not be of any help because I know buggar all about these cars there was one on ebay the other day. There was one on there with 450 Hp all the gear $9500 but was in the UK it was a very nice car but don't know the year. He was gunna get it over here if it's not there I will have a look to see if I can get in contact with him again
1200_Ute
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Tue, 26 October 2004 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You want jza70?
i got 2 for ya.
1st
1989 widebody
resprayed in mazda sp20 yellow
1jzgte
5speed r154
Custom front mount and piping
Apexi safc
Apexi rsm
Apexi turbo timer
aftermarket suspention
18'chrome rims 9'wide
3' exhaust with hks style twin dump pipes(not fitted)
Hks air filter
brass button clutch
custom door trims
ran 13.6 @106 missing 4th gear
great looking car with 12months rego
there is more but cant remember its my brothers car

2nd jza70
1989 widebody
1jzgte
5speed r154
twin plate clutch
18' rims 10'wide back 9'front
eletronic boost controller
aftermarket suspention
strut brace
full exhaust with dump pipes
ARC filer setup
spoiler removed
made 227kw atw

resprayed in white
heaps off other stuff that i cant remember
both wanting around 16 and both very quick and relible cars.
in melb, pm for pics.
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Wed, 27 October 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Sun, 31 October 2004 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
150,000kms aint bad.... mines a 1990 and at 134,000kms, but its been off the road for about 18 months out of the 4 and a bit years ive owned it so that prolly explains the lower kms Razz

The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Mon, 01 November 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a 91 soarer with 250 rwkw single turbo t76 if u want with not alot of mods ...

runs 12.6 quater
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Wed, 03 November 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much are you after for the soarer?

1200_ute, I havent' received any of those pics yet.

-Andrew
The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: JZA70 Supra, anyone thinking about selling theirs? Wed, 03 November 2004 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im asking about 17K as is
21K with a full maual conversion
RAWS
Regular

November 2004
pm sent Thu, 04 November 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent
driftingAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: pm sent Thu, 04 November 2004 03:30 Go to previous message
got one.. pm me for details
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:(SA) ke70 rolling shell free...
Next Topic:FS - 1993 SERA . . . . . . .+ pics
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:15:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0089809894561768 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.