Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Installing Celicamad Boost Controller

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Tue, 02 November 2004 10:11 Go to next message
Hi, can anyone guide me through the process of installing Celicamads boost controller, I havnt got the wastegate control yet and it has the extra line for in-cabin support. Sorry but I have no idea how to install it or what every knob does. Oh and its a twin turbo 1JZ in an 85 MX73 Cressida Very Happy

Thanks in advance
  Send a private message to this user    
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Tue, 02 November 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wouldn't you be better of asking Celicamad?
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Tue, 02 November 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It comes with instructions on how to install it and the instructions also tell you what each knob does.

I agree with Grant - I think that you are trying to get information from the wrong source.
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Tue, 02 November 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought he would be too busy running his business, last time I emailed him about it he didnt give me any directions on how to install it Razz

And no it didnt come with any instructions at all, just the boost control unit. Why would I be asking how to install it if I had the instructions?
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Tue, 02 November 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry but I really didnt know where to ask. I was very surprised that there wasnt any instructions at all. Could I please have his email because I remember him saying he doesnt check his PM's very often.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Tue, 02 November 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen instructions on hiperboost web site.
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Tue, 02 November 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh I thought I seen them on the old site aswell, but I just had a quick look then and couldnt find anything.
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Tue, 02 November 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have emailed Celicamad and should have the instructions sorted out.

I would just like to hear from people using the hiperboost system. My cars mostly going to be a daily driver so I just want to get an idea on what settings will allow it to allow for decent ooomph, and keep it managable for daily driving?

Any ideas would be great!!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Tue, 02 November 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
start with all knobs fully anti-clockwise and slowly change them. If you have a decent exhaust system you probably won't have to change the boost amount much as you will probably be at around 13psi.

Then turn the wastegate knob a little at a time until you like how it drives.

This is all theoretical as I didn't actually get to tune mine.
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Tue, 02 November 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, theory is better than nothing Smile. Sorry to hear about your car, thats why I really want to be able to install this boost controller myself so I know exactly whats going on.
I probably should have given a brief run-down of my car first. Its got Simota airpod, 3" custom exhaust with 3A Racing cannon muffler and hi-flow cat, 600x300x30 custom intercooler, Walbro fuel pump. Were still working on the wiring and hope to have it on the road in a fortnights time, taking this opportunity to install the boost controller while the engines out.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Tue, 02 November 2004 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with those mods I doubt you would need much more boost. Otherwise you will be getting pretty close to boost cut I would think.

Installing the controller is not hard except for getting at the lines on the rear turbo. Different with each car though.

Is your car for drag racing or what? sounds like a pretty good base for it Smile

next mod should be twin dump pipes unless you are planning on changing turbos in the future.
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Tue, 02 November 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh I think 13psi will be more than enough for now Very Happy
Thats what I was worried about, better chance of reaching the lines with the engine out hopefully. My mechanic who is a really good family friend agreed to put the engine in for me, hes a gun with cars, but is just unsure of where the T-pieces need to go. He use to work more with V8's so hes never put a boost controller in before.

No it wasnt really meant to be for drag racing. To be honest Im new to high performance cars, so I didnt really know what was drag worthy until I started reading about what you guys do to your cars Laughing

In the future when I have a bit more money to throw around, I want to look at getting twin GT28 BB turbo's put on maybe. And defanetly twin dumps made up! But yeh...im open to suggestions, I really dont have a clue on the potential of the 1JZ's.
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Tue, 02 November 2004 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and I've just started a new thread about 1JZ fuel cuts. What is the fuel cut?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Tue, 02 November 2004 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AFAIK fuel cut and boost cut is the same thing. When you hit the boost amount of 1bar, the fuel is cut. That is how understand it anyway. could be wrong though as mine never hit it.
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Wed, 03 November 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam

Sorry but ive been on Holidays for 10 days .... NO COMPUTERS OR PHONES JUST BEACH CAMPING AND AN 18 YEAR OLD NETBALL TEAM SHARING THE SAME CAMPING ARERA>>>>There is a god !!!

Instructions where sent to your hotmail address . However the file is larger than your mailbox limit. and was continually bounced .

I think youll find that the last email i sent had a request for alternative email address

you can always email me and ask ANY question you like sales@hiperboost.com

If not my phone number is on your boost controller 0425750038

The only reason i mention its better to email me than PM is you will get a faster response as i check my mail more often.i use several forums so it hard to keep up with PM's

14 psi is a good safe level But no i wouldnt recommend much more without dump pipes .

as Chris said the fuel cut is performed by the ECU when boost exceeds 1 bar . a simple zener diode circuit will fix

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i16/1682_3lo.jpg

article here

http://www.autospeed.com/A_1682/cms/article.html

Without the wastegate control on a 1j all you will gain is an increase in actual boost level . the wastegate control will bring the boost on CONSIDERABLY faster .
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Wed, 03 November 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha

Yeh sorry about that, back in the days with 2Mb hotmail limit Sad And I couldnt give you an alternate email because we were switching to broadband but it took Telstra over a month to activate our line Mad
I'll be looking at getting the wastegate for sure in the near future. Its sounds almost too good to be true, but then I read about all the people that swear by it.

Thanks for the instructions, just checked my email then.

Cheers again

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Wed, 03 November 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The best way to approach the wastegate controller.Is to simply fit one . If it doesnt work as promised then send it back C.O.D
and you get your cash back .

If it doesnt drop 0-100 times by 1/2 a second or more ill do a nudie run at Tamworth next year Embarassed

Although hiperboost has grown from a backyard hobby . the system was actually developed on my 1j .Due to the simple fact that twin turbos are the hardest to setup and get them to boost correctly i couldnt buy what i wanted so i tried making it. the process of development simply revealed a way to make turbo cars less economical and far more brutal on boost .

But MUCH faster !!!!

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Wed, 03 November 2004 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 16:14

If it doesnt drop 0-100 times by 1/2 a second or more ill do a nudie run at Tamworth next year Embarassed

now THATS a guarantee (and I hope to god it works Razz)
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Wed, 03 November 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to hijack thread
will these work on a 1ggte aswell ?!
I already have a bleed valve set-up for the twins, would I just buy this celicamad setup and install same way ?!
good results ?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Wed, 03 November 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, it will work very well on a 1GGTE.
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Wed, 03 November 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Frank
Yes it works equally as well on 1ggte .

All you need to do is replace the wastgate t piece with the controller and then plumb one or both compressor hoses into the inlet side . It will take about 5 mins to install and 20 mins to tune .

But a full bolt on kit for both 1ggte and 1jzgte will be available soon
TRICKS for all boost controllers

1. keep hoses as short as possible.But still keeping contoller AWAY from direct heat ..eg exhaust turbos etc

2. use 6mm id (any bigger they spike any smaller boost is hard to controll).Use hard rubber or thick walled silicon hose (silicon is best).Other hoses swell causing spikes .

3. always tune a controller at normal operating temperature . dont take it out dead cold or flog in stupid during setup .
after setup is just about spot on take it for a big long cooling run then test final setup .

Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Thu, 04 November 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like to hear from people who are using this, but does it hold boost or does boost still fall off as the revs gain?

Brendon
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Thu, 04 November 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a feedback page on my webpage most of the people on here use this forum . you can email some of them directly as well
http://www.hiperboost.com/pages/feedback.html

In regard to holding boost in the top end . this is a difficult question to answer .In most cases boost will be stable

If you are running stock intercooler and plumbing .then it is likely boost will fall of as at low rpm the turbo can flow enough to overcome the restriction but simply cannot flow enough in top end .

factory blow off valves also add to this as they leak above 15 psi
So the best approach is to first fix the restriction or leak issue as forcing the turbo's to work even harder in the top end is pushing them extremly hard .

in 99% of cases we have been able to maintain boost level to almost redline . by removing restrictions or leaks between turbos and intake manifold

HOWEVER . IF a boost drop off still exists . it is possible to overcome the drop off using an rpm switch . if you are running aftermarket managment then you often only need a solenoid and a another fine flow control cost $60

otherwise the rpm switch setup in total costs around $120 .
this allows boost to raised above a given rpm .

Altouhgh i have only EVER had to install 1. and even then the problem could have been fixed by simply chasing down intercooler plumbing leaks .
The RPM switch is really a Band Aid fix for another power robbing problem .The PERFORMANCE gains from fixing the problem FAR outweigh a the 500 rpm or so of an extra psi or 2

BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Fri, 05 November 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Snyper you will love this controller...its easy to install…some drew a really good graph on here not long ago for me.. as for benefits...its a different car with it on…i only had it in for a bit cause I found out my cam gears were put on wrong and are retarded and have to set them again but...its a great product. I left it on stock boost but wound the waste gate controller so boost comes quicker and sooner...and it did... a lot sooner. no more lag with the crappie auto…the thing goes like a wrx..and no more waiting all day for boost to climb up then drop of at high rpm and climb…truly does what Paul said it would.. i been recommending them to couple of skyline friends of mien
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Fri, 05 November 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks glad to see your so happy . have you actually tried pushing the wastgate control to the point of a minor spike . this makes for maximum possible acceleration . provided the engine can handle it

Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Installing Celicamad Boost Controller Mon, 08 November 2004 06:21 Go to previous message
Anyone wanting a Hyperboost Controller demonstration in Sydney can PM me and I will call you back to arrange a time.

Prices are as per the Hyperboost website.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1g-gte onto ra28, whats the deal?
Next Topic:Exhausts on 4ages
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 08:21:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063149929046631 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.