Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) (3) 1 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Sun, 24 October 2004 12:42 Go to next message
Unfortunately, it's not a Toyota... I gave up on trying to convince the missus that an IS200 would be a good thing (the car will be hers and the IS200 isn't the type of car that she's after anyway; I'd feel guilty if I actually *did* manage to convince her).

So we put a deposit down for a Liberty 3.0R-B today. Managed to talk the salesman down $1.3k plus made him throw in:
Bonnet protector
Headlight protectors
Matts
6 years of warranty
And a Liberty keyring... hehe

Not a bad bit of bargaining for a car that's in such high demand that no dealers actually have any in stock...

And to top it all off, there's a black one (the colour we wanted) that's just had its order cancelled! That means we get to pick it up this week instead of waiting on the massive waiting list!
Siiik!

[Updated on: Tue, 02 November 2004 10:36]

Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Bought a new car! Sun, 24 October 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woot
nice man
need blingin pics asap
and some STI wheels!! :D:D

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Bought a new car! Sun, 24 October 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice...cant wait for pics Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bought a new car! Sun, 24 October 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slightly (ok, very) off topic - are you still working in the hole we call our nation's capital, or are you back to civilisation? Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Bought a new car! Sun, 24 October 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, believe me, there will be plenty of pics when I get my hands on it! Smile

And, yes, I'm still stuck here with the cows, pr0n, and fireworks.
Good thing is that there's lots of dirt around here, and now I have a 4WD with Bilstein suspension to play with.... Wink
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Bought a new car! Sun, 24 October 2004 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those Libertys are sexy cars... Subaru fuŠked up the styling of the WRX but sure did get it right on the Liberty. Nice choice. Very Happy
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: Bought a new car! Sun, 24 October 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3.0 liberty thats a boxer six ain't it?
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Bought a new car! Sun, 24 October 2004 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, boxer 6 with variable valve timing.
180kW@6600 & 297Nm@4200

It's basically a GT minus the engine but with the addition of:
STi 6 speed gearbox
Bilstein suspension
18" rims
Smaller steering wheel
Alloy pedals

Oh, and costs $1k less than the GT!

It's not as quick as a GT in a straight line, but would eat it through the corners.

[Updated on: Sun, 24 October 2004 13:47]

serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: Bought a new car! Sun, 24 October 2004 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mate has a 2.5 liberty with factory ordered leather that he picked up as used. Very smooth power all the way through to red line and very very comfortable car to drive. Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 24 October 2004 14:13]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bought a new car! Sun, 24 October 2004 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sounds like an awesome car max!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Bought a new car! Mon, 25 October 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark two words dude!

Scandanavian Flick Wink

and PICS OR BAN!!! Laughing
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bought a new car! Mon, 25 October 2004 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good stuff d00d, watch your foot i hear its teh fuel guzzl0r.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Bought a new car! Tue, 26 October 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, that was one big thing I liked about the GT, it was more powerful, faster, and used less petrol...

But petrol will be pre-tax, so I'm not *that* worried...
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Bought a new car! Sat, 30 October 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good choice dood! - Good car.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Pix! Tue, 02 November 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright guys!

Picked the car up today, so here are a few pix!

http://www.users.on.net/~nark/Liberty%203.0R%20Spe c%20B/
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Tue, 02 November 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
taken it for a healthy thrash yet?
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Tue, 02 November 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet car. The missus gets a thumbs up for driving a manual (your choice or hers???) hehehe
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Tue, 02 November 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, letting the engine settle first.
I'm not babying it, but I'm not bouncing off the limiter like I do in the Celica...

Given it a few healthy squirts up to 5,000rpm.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Tue, 02 November 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Tue, 02 November 2004 22:04

Sweet car. The missus gets a thumbs up for driving a manual (your choice or hers???) hehehe

Neither of us want an auto. But I'm a bit more adamant. I will not buy an auto...
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Tue, 02 November 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice car...and the interior looks awesome Cool

future wife: Must only drive manual Razz
Sw4y
Regular

February 2004
Re: Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Tue, 02 November 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i hate chicks that refuse to drive manual cars Evil or Very Mad ....Im the same as you, It will be a cold day in hell befor i ever buy an auto...my dad can be credited with me being like this Very Happy

Sweet Ride!

JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Tue, 02 November 2004 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car, love the colour, best family lookin sorta car ive seen in a while ( although th IS might have been a tad sweeter)
ive always had a thing for subarus, ( way way down from toyotas mind) but I had a massive acco in my scuuby, a 13 tonne truck ran through a red light, so i plowed him while driving the through the green. and the crumple zones worked so awesome, the engine block was split down the middle but the windscreen didnt even break. well made cars.
oh yes, one more thing, in pic 155 - 5580 did someone behead alf and toss his scull beside ur car?
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Tue, 02 November 2004 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put a WRX scoop on it, but do a really bad job of it.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Tue, 02 November 2004 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JAZE wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 05:41

Nice car, love the colour, best family lookin sorta car ive seen in a while ( although th IS might have been a tad sweeter)
ive always had a thing for subarus, ( way way down from toyotas mind) but I had a massive acco in my scuuby, a 13 tonne truck ran through a red light, so i plowed him while driving the through the green. and the crumple zones worked so awesome, the engine block was split down the middle but the windscreen didnt even break. well made cars.
oh yes, one more thing, in pic 155 - 5580 did someone behead alf and toss his scull beside ur car?

Yeah, the IS200 is still my dream. I'll prolly wait for the next one to come out and see what that's like. I was a bit hesitant to buy a car that's about to be superseeded with a new model, so that factored into it a bit too.
Subarus and Toyotas are about on par in terms of reliability. It's just that Subaru isn't a very technological company.
The crash safety is great though. It got awarded 5 stars in the ANCAP test.
Oh, and that little fluffball is our dog. Garfield. Smile
He needs a haircut badly. We never groom him, so all his fur is in knots.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 November 2004 01:19]

StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Tue, 02 November 2004 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great car mate, my dads lookin at gettin the exact same one, or the GT version, still deciding. ATm we have an my00 liberty rx (2.5) and we've taken both the GT and 3.0R-B for a spin. great power through revs and they both handle like a dream. Nice choice for colour, i think black is the only wayh for them. Have fun with your new toy....oh and you're right about the auto thing, they suck and its great to see a chick driving manual. My missus does!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Wed, 03 November 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bahahaha! Thats not a dog! No wonder it's name after a cat Laughing

On a side note, I really like the new Libertys, nice cars Smile
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Wed, 03 November 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice, but u need some engine bay pics. I wish they would bring out the 3.0 in the forester, would give it some extra much needed torque, i noticed they did away with the dual range transmission for this reason.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Wed, 03 November 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sw4y wrote on Tue, 02 November 2004 22:12

Yeah i hate chicks that refuse to drive manual cars Evil or Very Mad ....Im the same as you, It will be a cold day in hell befor i ever buy an auto...my dad can be credited with me being like this Very Happy

Sweet Ride!

auto's can be tolerable sometimes...like in 450rwhp torana's :S
the only car with an auto that i've driven that i needed a change of pants after Razz
sneeze at the accelerator and the rears light up, BAD Very Happy
i also felt at home driving it in my wife beater Sad

as to letting it settle in first...pffft, who needs to? Razz
mates parents bought him a brand new kia, so he thought to try kill it within 5 minutes of getting the keys
the poor POS was kept at redline for the 20 minute drive back to his house :/
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Thu, 04 November 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice choice. Love my Liberty's!!!
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Thu, 04 November 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice dude Nod Looks like Kristy must've been driving it before those pics were taken? Laughing
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Bought a new car! (Now with pix!) Thu, 04 November 2004 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, it was my Dad! Razz

I've had a few people ask me about engine bay photos. There were no engine bay photos because, like most modern cars, the "engine" bay is just this big plastic thing.
If you want to see plastic, then I'll take a photo, but you're not going to get an engine photo.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Impressions Tue, 09 November 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK.
Impressions after a week.

Good:
* Chassis is brilliant. Very well balanced. And very stiff.
* Very responsive engine. Great mid-corner punch!
* Extremely comfortable. Great NVH levels.
* The brakes! Shocked

Bad:
* The engine sounds like a tractor. Damn Subaru engines.
* The understeer sux. In the Celica, I can accelerate before the apex and have the nose tuck in as I'm going through, not so with this car! Damn 4WDs. I have to learn to take a 4WD line.
* Suspension can get a bit floaty sometimes around corners (but I think it's because I'm used to rock hard suspension).
* Can't see the boot! Disgusted
* Can't turn traction control off. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I tiny little gripe is that I'd like the electric seats to have memory settings. Each time we have a drive swap, we have to adjust the seat again and it takes ages.
But that's being picky and complaining about the fact that I have electric seats... hehe

All in all, I'm very happy with the car. If only it was RWD and had tuned length headers (to remove the thump thump thump exhaust).
You can't get a better all-round sports sedan under $100k IMO.

[EDIT: The reason I can't turn traction control off is because I don't have it! Smile
Also, a major gripe I missed was that the steering sux. There's absolutely no feel to it.]

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2004 03:27]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: Impressions Tue, 09 November 2004 23:15 Go to previous message
For those who are interested in the RB. I was surfing the web in my spare time and found a few interesting reviews on the Subaru website.

Sydney Morning Herald
Wheels
Melbourne's Herald Sun
The Australian
MOTOR
Australian Financial Review
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Netscape Local Mail to Outlook 2003
Next Topic:i love 4age pic, with tits
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-