Toymods » The Outhouse » market research call center, or b shop? for employment

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
market research call center, or b shop? for employment Thu, 04 November 2004 03:13 Go to next message

which one?[ 13 vote(s) ]
1.call centre 4 / 31%
2.b shop 9 / 69%

after weeks of looking for a job, and no call backs, i finally get a job offer, and then another one, now im torn between what to go with. the first one is a market researh call centre, for 15 bucks an hour for the first 50 hours (training), then 18 ph. all my mates will be working there too, soo that would be cool.

the other job is at the b shop (mobile phones). i already had a month at telechoice, but wasnt great at the forcing salesman part, but i guess i could learn. Confused dunno the pay yet, but at telechoice it was 14 for training (didnt get past training Embarassed)

anyone have experience at either? advice?

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 03:14]

Send a private message to this user    
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: market research call center, or b shop? for employment Thu, 04 November 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Call centres suck balls, I currently work in one, And Market Research are amongst the worst of all call centre jobs No No No ,.

But go where your heart tells you Razz

Just my 2c
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: market research call center, or b shop? for employment Thu, 04 November 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt go to a call centre coz i know i'd go off at a customer that pisses me off too much Evil or Very Mad

Recently a chik left from my current workplace to a thrifty call centre (i told her i'll give her 1 month tops), she got abused a hell of a lot and came back within 3 weeks. The pay is higher coz u get abused, but if your like me and dont give a shit about what customers say to you when they're pissed off, then go for it Very Happy
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: market research call center, or b shop? for employment Thu, 04 November 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive heard they suck

the other thing is that the lady at the b shop interview said that after the 3 month probation shit, if i go well, i could become assistant manger, or even store manager at a new store they are opening. that would be mint, considering 4 months ago i was a pizza delivery driver.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 03:22]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: market research call center, or b shop? for employment Thu, 04 November 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Call centres SUCK bad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: market research call center, or b shop? for employment Thu, 04 November 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've worked at directory assistance since November 2001. Sure it sucks ass, but if you can handle it, it's the easiest money you'll ever get.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: market research call center, or b shop? for employment Thu, 04 November 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've done telemarketing and market research(call centre work was a part of it)
and they're easy easy eays jobs if you've got the right personality for it
otherwise it'll suck
very easy money really

that said
i dont think i'd get into it again, or retail
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: market research call center, or b shop? for employment Thu, 04 November 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i wasnt good as something i wouldnt consider walking away from it on that note.

If youre good at selling, alot can open up.

my 2 cents.
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: market research call center, or b shop? for employment Thu, 04 November 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate sales aint that hard, been doing spare sparts sales for over a year now and you can fairly often get someone to get more than what they came in for, just know your product and don't push it on them just play it cool.

turned a $200 service into a $1500 service not too long ago.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 07:32]

Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: market research call center, or b shop? for employment Sat, 06 November 2004 07:50 Go to previous message
i work in a market research call center, and i reckon if you can deal with people giving you shit for no reason, go for it. my opinion could be biased cos i work in one of the slackest call centers in melbourne and im allowed to be a smartarse to people who abuse me. the fact your mates are there could help, too, always helps to keep you sane.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Show us your ....... -taken from another forum
Next Topic:funny pictures
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:08:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065858364105225 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.