Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » is a bigport dizzy interchangable with a smallport dizzy?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
is a bigport dizzy interchangable with a smallport dizzy? Thu, 04 November 2004 04:04 Go to next message
ok, looks like nobody wanted to read my mini essay i wrote before, dont blame you.

engine in question is a smallport (100kw) 4AGE using a bigport (86kw) dizzy, but i am wiring it with a smallport loom.

the plugs are different, but both have three wires, are they interchangable? i dont have a 100kw one to compare it to, as if i did i would just use it.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 November 2004 01:26]

Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: is a bigport dizzy interchangable with a smallport dizzy Thu, 04 November 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've heard rumors they are interchangable but never tried so cannot confirm this..

I do have a 100kw dizzy if you want some pics etc though.

Will that help?

Cheers
Joel
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: is a bigport dizzy interchangable with a smallport dizzy Thu, 04 November 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers joel, that would be good.

i think the bit i'm interested in is the number of teeth on the second toothed wheel (under the 4 toothed cog) so a couple of photos detailing the guts would be good.

i need to compare the two wiring diagrams too.

did you find a 100kw igniter? im going to try to use the one i have, then get one if it doesnt work.

i am never going to do an engine conversion without either buying a full front cut or aftermarket management ever again!
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: is a bigport dizzy interchangable with a smallport dizzy Thu, 04 November 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I think i've found a 100kw ignitor.

I am in the same position as you .. The parts have been so hard to track down. I think ae92 4age parts would be common but definately not..

I got the dizzy & coilpack from the US, the wiring loom from NZ, and the ignitor local.

And now I see a 4age 100kw complete for $600.. makes my deal look very poor!

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: is a bigport dizzy interchangable with a smallport dizzy Thu, 04 November 2004 04:27 Go to previous message
its always the way, i bought the first 4age i saw, just because i was in a position to transport it, as a friend had just stripped the interior out of his car he was about to wreck. stuck it in the spare tyre well.

its through these mistakes that you learn this kinda stuff, i'm just glad that i have pretty much everything i need.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Help needed smoke from my exhaust
Next Topic:Can't Stop the MA61 on a Postage Stamp!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 17:08:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047240257263184 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.