Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Parts Wanted » WTB: Stuff so I can get a 4AG engine in a KE70 engine bay

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
WTB: Stuff so I can get a 4AG engine in a KE70 engine bay Thu, 04 November 2004 11:34 Go to next message
LOL... title explains itself. I may be buying an 88kw AW11 4A-GE soon and if not then a 4A-GZE. I'm thinking they'd use the same mounts.

Basically just need the shit, so i can rip the shitty 4K-C out chuck whatever you give me in, and then be able to dump the 4AG in.

Sorry for being so noob as to not give descriptions of exact parts, but I have no idea what I'm talking about, and you do. ahahah.

Thanks

Kev.

EDIT: READ ONWARDS, NEED LOTS OF PARTS, LIST IS DOWN THERE! Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2004 11:48]

Send a private message to this user    
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: WTB: Stuff so I can get a 4AG engine in a KE70 engine bay Thu, 04 November 2004 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant sell you a mechanic... Rolling Eyes

u will need x member etc...

basically buy as MUCH as you can in one hit...
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: WTB: Stuff so I can get a 4AG engine in a KE70 engine bay Thu, 04 November 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, a mechanic! ahahah... yeah i had a talk to my friend, these are most of the things i need.

from an AE71: Mounts, plate and t50 gearbox

from something: a RWD water pump, maybe a remote thermostat housing, modified inlet manafold, loom, ECU, fuel pump, 4AG flywheel and clutch, a spigot bearing

this is a list i got off a friend, basically I haven't got much of a clue, but yeah...

Kev.
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB: Stuff so I can get a 4AG engine in a KE70 engine bay Thu, 04 November 2004 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a ae71 cross member forsale and 4age flywheel.

All you will need is whats above, t50, RWD 4ac mounts, rwd intake and rwd extractors

You will have to do something about the water pump or if you can track down all the rwd 4age shit.

***Im not sure if the k series tail shaft is the same as in the ae71 but I will chuck it in for free if you buy the cross member and flywheel.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 14:56]

ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: WTB: Stuff so I can get a 4AG engine in a KE70 engine bay Thu, 04 November 2004 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok,
you dont need a rwd waterpump. if you buy one you will find the pulleys wont line up because the rwd pulley stick out further.

ill seperate it into THREE sections
ENGINE:
Engine, loom and ecu + other shit like coil igniter, idle up motor...etc
Cut and shut the intake OR find a rwd intake manifold.
Get a stock rwd manifold or extractors
get exhaust made from manifold back
Sort out the water pipes, fwd pipes are different to rwd.
get a remote thermostat housing if your engine doesnt have one.
ae71/ae86 crossmember and the rubber moutns if your engine doesnt come with them.
4age flywheel, either will do (200mm or 212mm) thats if your engine doesnt come with one MAY AS WELL GET IT MACHINED, UNLESS ITS IN GOOD NICK
clutch to suit MAY AS WELL GET A NEW ONE
pressure plate to suit MAY AS WELL GET A NEW ONE
Modify the loom, extend wires where needed..etc
might need water temp sensor that bolts into back of head depending on which motor you get.

GEARBOX
T50 gearbox
T50 gearbox crossmember
clutch fork and bearing, if it doesnt already come with one.
Slave cylinder
clutch line
master cylinder
pedal box, cant remember if you can use your current one if your ke70 is manual
starter motor to suit

MISC
You might need a different tailshaft - i cant remember if you use the stock one, yokes are probably different. if u do need one try ae71 item.
Fuel pump mounted in carby tank - i think you can get away with using the stock lines.

i think thats about it. i've probably forgotten something in which case someone can correct me

good luck

-ian

EDIT: oh yeah since your not using a rwd motor which runs a clutch fan its a good idea to hook up an electric thermo fan.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 15:06]

Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB: Stuff so I can get a 4AG engine in a KE70 engine bay Fri, 05 November 2004 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeh I got the t50 cross member, clutch master, lines, and pedal box to.

Pm me if ur intrerested:
*Cross Member
*Flywheel
*Tail Shaft
*Gearbox Cross Member
*Clutch Gear.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WTB: Stuff so I can get a 4AG engine in a KE70 engine bay Fri, 05 November 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go buy a beat up old ae71
save yourself some money and time this way
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: WTB: Stuff so I can get a 4AG engine in a KE70 engine bay Fri, 05 November 2004 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah from what i've seen i think that would be the way to go... just buy a written off ae71... Twinky I may get back to you though...
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB: Stuff so I can get a 4AG engine in a KE70 engine bay Fri, 05 November 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I dont want much for the shit. Just lets us know, cheers.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: WTB: Stuff so I can get a 4AG engine in a KE70 engine bay Fri, 05 November 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
easiest possible way is to buy a schmick ae71 and just whack a 4age in it

2nd easiest is buy a cheap ae71 and swap it all into the ke70
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: WTB: Stuff so I can get a 4AG engine in a KE70 engine bay Fri, 05 November 2004 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah well the KE70 I'm getting is completely mint + rwc + 10mth reg, so the 2nd option will be better for me I think...
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: WTB: Stuff so I can get a 4AG engine in a KE70 engine bay Mon, 08 November 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK i may consider Twinky's offer, but I'll be needing all the other parts on that list, anyone got some of them? cheap if possible? and also melbourne/vic is preferred, as shipping is going to slaughter me...

EDIT: also just to let you people know, I wont be buying this stuff for about a month or so... but will be buying it.

Thanks,
Kev.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 November 2004 05:59]

Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: WTB: Stuff so I can get a 4AG engine in a KE70 engine bay Wed, 10 November 2004 06:14 Go to previous message
one more bump Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Bride fixed bucket
Next Topic:new ke30 sedan floor carpets
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 19:50:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0095469951629639 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.