Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Crazy88
Occasional Poster

November 2004
icon10.gif  Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 11:04 Go to next message
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, and only found about it tonight. The short story is that I was sitting at home, watching a DVD, too lazy to cook, and ordered some Pizza hut Very Happy

Anyway, about half an hour later, the Pizza guy arrives, and as I approach my gate, I notice what looks like a AE86. To be sure, I ask the driver "Hey ... what car is that?", the response "A Trueno."
me: "You mean a genuine Hachiroku? Shocked "
him: "Yes ... how do you know about them?"
me: "Initial D! Very Happy "

I ask if he would mind waiting a minute, I run inside to put the pizza down, and go back outside, and have a long chat with him about his car, and oogle over it etc Cool

I was very stoked to see one up close. I have only seen another one up close, but his one was very clean. I'd love to have my own Hachi one day.

It was nice meeting you mate, and thanks for staying back a little to chat with me. Cool

PS. I am not a Trueno / Toyota driver Embarassed but I hope you all don't mind me hanging out on the forum and chatting / learning from you all Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aus spec Sprinters are genuine Hachirokus too Razz
Crazy88
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skein wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 22:06

Aus spec Sprinters are genuine Hachirokus too Razz

I never said they werent! I'd love to have one some day Very Happy
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool! http://forums.toymods.org.au/images/message_icons/icon14.gif
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And to think its being used as a pizza delivery car Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
Crazy88
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
74gt wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 22:24

And to think its being used as a pizza delivery car Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

I am actually glad that someone is using it as a day to day driver. Think of it this way, if you have a nice car, you should enjoy it as much as you can! Not park it in a garage for almost all it's life Confused It would be a waste for it NOT to be driven. As long as you care for it well, I say drive it all the time, in the morning, in the afternoon, in your sleep Laughing
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha thats sik, i think that there is an aus spec one that does deliveries near me, went to do a pick up at lunchtime and as i came out saw it driving away

i do deliveries in my rolla sx. people think i'm kinda stupid using that instead of some shitkicker. but hey, i get to drive all night in a good car Very Happy
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

so's mine Very Happy

but noodle delivery pays more than pizza delivery Shocked
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe.. How long till we find someone that uses one to deliver Tofu on Mt Akina? Laughing Razz

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw a genuine Hilux today. I even touched it for the bragging rights!

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 11:56]

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 22:56

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Crazy88
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 22:56

hardi har har Laughing
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

And to think its being used as a pizza delivery car...

Well that explains why my last lot of pizzas I got from Pizza Hut were all up the side of the cartons instead of on the pizza base... he went dorifting in his Hachi. Laughing Razz
Flyen
Regular

November 2003
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

order pizza and see a TRUENO...lol

its a new pizza hut offer Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 21:50]

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess it wasn't all bad - rang up and complained to Pizza Hut where the store manager gave us full credit for three large pizzas next time. YESSS!!!! Only thing better than a leftover pizza is a free one. Very Happy
Flyen
Regular

November 2003
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi

$3.89 per delivery.. Sad pizzahut rates no hourly rate but u get to eat all the hoaxes and steal drinks from the fridge but when u really get hungry put a pizza in the box n drop one slice so u can eat the rest

in an hour u can prob pull off 6 del on a fri/sat night

conclusion : pizzahut drivers = dodgy Razz
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
noodles = $4 per deleviry, $10 hourly rate, free diner, learn to cook noodles, can knick drinks and spring rolls

3 delevries per hour is possible... $22 an hour

pretty good
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
know of any places with job vacancies??? Very Happy
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i found this thing thats good news for drivers that use theri own car for work. U can get $3100 a year Just for using your car to do deliveries.

www.ato.gov.au

have a look there on what you can claim. Theres a method that lets you claim up to 5000 km at a set rate per km!

Ranging from 51c for 1.6ltre - 62c for 2ltre i think. Anyway, .62 X 5000 = $3100 for nothing! Go hook up on it now while u can, earlier u start the more u get. The best thign is that u get it all back in one lump sum when ur tax return comes through

ps, my shitty pizza job = $10 an hour... no extra for pizzas :/
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just started the job... but dunno much about the tax thing... does anyone know from experience??

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 15:10]

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where bouts are you crazy88, curious of the local....
Wondering who owns it, cause most of the guys here know of the truenos around by the sounds.
So it did have popup lights? What was the colour scheme?
Flyen
Regular

November 2003
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed

Wondering who owns it, cause most of the guys here know of the truenos around by the sounds.

EDITED: mate kicked my ass

its a white honda accord wif popup lights and wantanabes

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 21:50]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 01:04

hey i found this thing thats good news for drivers that use theri own car for work. U can get $3100 a year Just for using your car to do deliveries.

www.ato.gov.au

have a look there on what you can claim. Theres a method that lets you claim up to 5000 km at a set rate per km!

Ranging from 51c for 1.6ltre - 62c for 2ltre i think. Anyway, .62 X 5000 = $3100 for nothing! Go hook up on it now while u can, earlier u start the more u get. The best thign is that u get it all back in one lump sum when ur tax return comes through

errr actually you dont, whatever tax braket you fit into then you get that percentage back, i.e. if you are in the 17% bracket then you get 17% of 3100 back ($527) or if you are in the 49% tax bracket you get 49% back ($1519)

You catch my drift?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zenki 86 and in inner Sydney. Delivers mine with free garlic bread Cool

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 23:00]

Crazy88
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Thu, 04 November 2004 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 02:16

I'd prefer not to say, only because I am respecting the owner's privacy (due to this being a public forum)
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Fri, 05 November 2004 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think he's talking about which state
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Fri, 05 November 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

noodles = $4 per deleviry, $10 hourly rate, free diner, learn to cook noodles, can knick drinks and spring rolls

3 delevries per hour is possible... $22 an hour

pretty good

minus petrol and wear on your car Razz
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Met a Trueno tonight Fri, 05 November 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha
johnny a pizza delivery guy?? haahahah cool
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Fri, 05 November 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a pretty cool hourly rate shriri!
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Fri, 05 November 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did it have like pizza delivery sticker on the side? just like the tofu one?
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Fri, 05 November 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/content.asp?doc= /content/33874.htm&pc=001/002/013/005/001& mnu=45&mfp=001&st=&cy=1
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Fri, 05 November 2004 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont believe everything the ATO tells you Sad

thats what your employer has to pay you if you claim car benefits from them (some dont offer it) but the ATO will only give you back the percentage of what tax bracket you fall into, im a second year accounting student and i worked for a firm for 12 months, you learn these things failr quickly Rolling Eyes
Flyen
Regular

November 2003
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Fri, 05 November 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 21:46

i know who it is but for privacy reasons i can say i work wif this dude and it aint no initial d wannabe sprinter Razz
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Sat, 06 November 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm...bump.. Very Happy good car

[Updated on: Sat, 06 November 2004 00:23]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Met a Trueno tonight Sat, 06 November 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flyen wrote on Sat, 06 November 2004 10:37

rthy wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 21:46

i know who it is but for privacy reasons i can say i work wif this dude and it aint no initial d wannabe sprinter Razz

my girlfriend saw this car fly past in the cross the other night and freaked out,

she though someone had stolen my car! Laughing
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Sat, 06 November 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wot was she doing at the cross Very Happy Rolling Eyes
jk jk
lovely car
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Met a Trueno tonight Sat, 06 November 2004 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kwayzivietnamese wrote on Sat, 06 November 2004 16:56

wot was she doing at the cross Very Happy Rolling Eyes
jk jk
lovely car

ahahaha

shutup you
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Met a Trueno tonight Sat, 06 November 2004 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flyen wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 23:01

ShiRi

$3.89 per delivery.. Sad pizzahut rates no hourly rate but u get to eat all the hoaxes and steal drinks from the fridge but when u really get hungry put a pizza in the box n drop one slice so u can eat the rest

in an hour u can prob pull off 6 del on a fri/sat night

conclusion : pizzahut drivers = dodgy Razz

my friend gets $8.20 an hour plus $4.30 a delivery Wink
He works for pizza hut, not sure how he got such a good deal...he's only been with them for a couple of months and he's already got a chance for a managers position...not bad for an 18 year old music uni student :/Plus, when me and my mates have nothing to do during the week we get drunk and ride along with him Razz the manager doesnt mind as long as we dont make a nuisance of ourselves
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Sat, 06 November 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha i do Chinese delivery for $8.50 an hour plus $2 per delivery...

tips average about $15 a night.

cash in hand Cool
Sw4y
Regular

February 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Sun, 07 November 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha ha Des!

I was waiting for you to fess' up Razz
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Sun, 07 November 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If all goes well this should be mine in 2-3 days

http://forums.toyspeed.org.nz/viewtopic.php?t=2355 0

bit of a steal but hes selling his under the same circumstances as my AE86 (him moving overseas soon and needing to get rid of it)
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Sun, 07 November 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Wombat: the first thing you should do is get rid of those gay stripes on the bonnet.
*shudders*
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: Met a Trueno tonight Sun, 07 November 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Wombat wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 19:18

If all goes well this should be mine in 2-3 days

http://forums.toyspeed.org.nz/viewtopic.php?t=2355 0

bit of a steal but hes selling his under the same circumstances as my AE86 (him moving overseas soon and needing to get rid of it)

If I were you I would have kept that under my belt a little longer...
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Sun, 07 November 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hes in nz man, so no good for us anyway
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Sun, 07 November 2004 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is unless someone from heres despreate enought to travel to NZ from here to get it lol
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Sun, 07 November 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you never know the potatoe man might feel the need Razz Very Happy

wherever he is Laughing
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: Met a Trueno tonight Sun, 07 November 2004 22:57 Go to previous message
id be a bit miffed if he did i miss my 86 alot id the is the first oppotunity i've had to get one at a good price genuine 86 over here are really expensive
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MX83 bonnet lifter thingies
Next Topic:Stupid, Uninformed, Crappy Turbo Falcon Article
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 08:48:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0091629028320312 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.