Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Anyone know about playing PS2 backups?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toby AE82 Twin
Regular

July 2002
Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Tue, 22 October 2002 03:12 Go to next message
I just bought a PS2 and know relatively nothing about them. I am interested in finding out about playing backup/copies of my original games.

I was told by a shop that Action Replay is the thing to get ,can anyone give me any feedback on it or other recommended chips to play backups? I was quoted $100 (it has a memory card apparently), is that a reasonable price?

I dont want to solder in a chip because my machine is still under warranty , I dont mind having to put a boot disk in.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Tue, 22 October 2002 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know F*&k all about those boot disks.. other than they are goddamn annoying.
Don't forget that some games are burnt on DVD-Rom, and some are CD-Rom, and also im not sure which DVD format the games are burnt in??

have a look thru the trading post, there are some places that offer a warranty with their mod-chip installations.
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Tue, 22 October 2002 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ypu still need a modchip with the action replay to use burnt games. best soltion is using a USB modchip. worried about your warranty??? what u think are the chances of it break down in that time???
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Tue, 22 October 2002 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a chip now where you dont need a boot disk, you put the backup straight into the machine and away it goes.

I got mine moded bout a year ago the chip was 100 bux installed and needed an action replay 2 from gamesmen for 100 and you load it up first and it asks you to put the backup in and away you go.

Smile
Toby AE82 Twin
Regular

July 2002
Re: Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Tue, 22 October 2002 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
faulksy wrote on Tue, 22 October 2002 16:34

ypu still need a modchip with the action replay to use burnt games. best soltion is using a USB modchip. worried about your warranty??? what u think are the chances of it break down in that time???

yeh but i thought that u could get a no-solder mod-chip with action replay if u use a boot disk. that is my preferred option so that my warranty stays valid even tho u have to swap disks under that option.

whats the USB mod-chip? is that one that doesnt need soldering?

wondering if anyone has taken the no-solder option and how well it plays all burnt games or whether it doesnt work on some games, etc?
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Tue, 22 October 2002 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.modchip.com

this site can answer your questions then i can pretend to
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Tue, 22 October 2002 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.psxplus.com.au/
Toby AE82 Twin
Regular

July 2002
Re: Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Wed, 23 October 2002 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction with those websites ladz.

I found out I have a version 7 & the only chips that can be fitted to that version require soldering 20 odd wires. The chips cost $135 anyway so I decided not to void my warranty and play originals.

Bought Gran Turismo 3 yesterday - awesome game. I bought the Sprinter Trueno - it looks sweet. Had the most horses for the money I could spend too... Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 23 October 2002 23:05]

rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Wed, 23 October 2002 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you tried playing a DVD on it yet??
I want to know if it is as good a quailty as a DVD player??

Ohhh...GT3 i want a PS2........anyone want to sell one??
Toby AE82 Twin
Regular

July 2002
Re: Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Wed, 23 October 2002 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, the first DVD I played on it was fast and the furious - hooked it up thru the stereo too - sounded sweet, mind u its not a 5 channel amp either.

It put out a very good picture on my 4 yr old AWA telly. I was told that the PS2 has the same DVD components as the standard Sony DVD player.

I was going to get a 2nd hand one from ebay or sold but new prices have come down so i got a brand new one for $387. It worth it for the DVD player alone!

Played Grand Theft Auto 3? That is amazing , gotta love stealing cop cars/hummers/ambos,etc & running down gangsters, hookers, etc Evil or Very Mad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Thu, 24 October 2002 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You bought a Sprinter as your first car?? You'll never get anywhere that way, takes ages. You need some YARIS POWA!!!

I'm not kidding, you can do the Yaris Cup and you get a lot more money to get started quickly.

I've played GTA3 on both PC and PS2, and I think its better on the PC, just my preference though.
Toby AE82 Twin
Regular

July 2002
Re: Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Thu, 24 October 2002 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the Yaris and Echo?

From memory it had less horses but sounds like its the way to go for $
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Thu, 24 October 2002 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure is man, then you work it and savour its turbo-charged glory...also, have you noticed that all FWD cars, and powerful 4WD cars rumble the controller constantly???
Toby AE82 Twin
Regular

July 2002
Re: Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Thu, 24 October 2002 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I turboed the Sprinter, revved a bit more freely after that, took it up to about 160bhp.

No havent noticed that, I've only played about 15 mins and that was with the Sprinter.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Thu, 24 October 2002 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah cool, it'll come later. The best memory I have with the Sprinter is driving a worked off its nut one around the test course, belting around and 270kph passing a Mitsubishi GTO and hearing the engine and racing gearbox screaming... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
Re: Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Fri, 25 October 2002 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My best moment is in the ss sprinter winning all the na races in professional against vipers and that cool italian car with the 4 exhaust tips in a circle.
Small cars are always more fun

Brad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone know about playing PS2 backups? Fri, 25 October 2002 09:12 Go to previous message
Nah, the best moment is driving a 1050hp TVR Cerbera Speed 12. Nothing like drift with super-soft tyres Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Half-cuts/Parts in SE QLD
Next Topic:Attn - thetoyman75
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 13:56:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052390098571777 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.