Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
TPG Internet Thu, 04 November 2004 14:39 Go to next message
Just wondering if anyone has used TPG, Oz's 2nd biggest ADSL provider Wink 512k & unlimited downloads, $60 per month with a 4 port router. Sound like a good deal???

Here's the situation, i've got a WinXP PC & my brothers got a Mac, we both want broadband but linking the two operating systems is my main concern. Suggestions are welcomed...
  Send a private message to this user    
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: TPG Internet Thu, 04 November 2004 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check out SwiftDSL
http://www.swiftbroadband.com.au/residential/NewUs erPricing.php

A little more expensive, but a really good service.
They're rarely down and if they are, you'll get an sms telling you what's happened and an ETA. Decent ping to gaming servers etc and good download speeds. They don't offer unlimited (anymore), which means your link doesn't get owned by all of the leeches signed up. etc etc etc.

An easy way to bypass all PC and Mac networking probs is to get a seperate modem/router so you aren't dependant on routing through one of your PCs. I think you can buy one from swift at a good discount when you sign up otherwise try something like this http://www.pcmarket.com.au/productdetails.php?Prod uctID=816

Cheers,
Dave
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: TPG Internet Thu, 04 November 2004 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm thinking of getting the 1.5 with 20gb limit a month for $50 with tpg.

i'm been told to wait a month or so cause alot of other companys are making adsl hella cheap.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: TPG Internet Thu, 04 November 2004 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For a much wider range of opinions, check out http://www.whirlpool.net.au/ before you make a decision
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: TPG Internet Thu, 04 November 2004 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was thinking the same ($50 1.5MB TPG) until two friends got it and theyve been having a terrible time (Im in Adelaide btw). So until something else happens Ill stick with my current plan.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TPG Internet Fri, 05 November 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the links davedave Cool Callifo, yeah that's what i'm worried about...

davedave wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 08:28

For a much wider range of opinions, check out http://www.whirlpool.net.au/ before you make a decision

This site is awesome, even lists the pro's & con's of each service...

[Updated on: Fri, 05 November 2004 01:31]

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: TPG Internet Fri, 05 November 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tpg is terrible as far as their helpdesk and service is concerned, well thats what i have experienced when dealing with my clients that wont listen to me... they have been dropping out alot lately and it takes over 30mins to speak to anyone.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: TPG Internet Fri, 05 November 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds familiar...
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: TPG Internet Fri, 05 November 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tpg 56k is shit, I dare say adsl is just as bad, or worse.

BTW does anyone know of a isp that allows more than 1 person to be logged on under the same user name?
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: TPG Internet Fri, 05 November 2004 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everything I've heard about TPG recommends not touching them with a ten foot pole. In particular look through their agreement for the exorbitant change-of-plan or end-contract fee, and the fact that they can (I think) change your plan mid-contract.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TPG Internet Sun, 07 November 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am with Dart ATM and since they've gone bust, and have sold to hotkey I've decided to churn to iinet. The cheap 512 plan. They have a real good news server, 6 days retention and usually full of all the latest movies, games and TV eps. Plus they get pipe access and the pipe news server is almost as good.

So, if you want games, movies and tv eps, before they come out in OZ, have a look at iinet, if you're a good little boy that pays for it all, try bigpond Wink

Tim.
jarrad
Regular

May 2003
Re: TPG Internet Sun, 07 November 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unlimited Cable plan with bigpond $59 month
people can knock telstra all they want but this is an awesome deal. Only few hours downtime a quarter.
i get 700k/s downloads on cable compared to you measly 50k/s on "adsl"
they say u can get your speed capped if u exceed 10gig but we excede this all the time and its yet to happen.

(plus if i refer all toymods users, ill get free net till 2020 me Very Happy)

Jarrads pick of the month
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: TPG Internet Sun, 07 November 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jarrad wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 23:35

Unlimited Cable plan with bigpond $59 month
people can knock telstra all they want but this is an awesome deal. Only few hours downtime a quarter.
i get 700k/s downloads on cable compared to you measly 50k/s on "adsl"
they say u can get your speed capped if u exceed 10gig but we excede this all the time and its yet to happen.

(plus if i refer all toymods users, ill get free net till 2020 me Very Happy)

Jarrads pick of the month

700kb/sec theoretical max, and ADSL is not limited to 50, 160kb/sec maximum on home deals but up to 8MB on business. Plus we get double your upload speed.

And telstra is unlimited* (* after 10gig we can bend you over a barrel)
jarrad
Regular

May 2003
Re: TPG Internet Sun, 07 November 2004 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bitch bitch bitch

find me an adsl plan thats faster than bigpond cable and ill listen to you.
Its an unlimited plan, and like i said i have downloaded well over 10gig/mnth and never been capped/shapped.

Once you start paying you own bills you can give me ur opinion.
Until then just use whatever isp mummy and daddy rent for u. Smile
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: TPG Internet Sun, 07 November 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since you obviously have no clue Im not gonna get too annoyed. But to tell you the truth I have been playing for all of my net access (at the least) for the past 3 years (and dialup before that) coming in nearly twice what you pay now (if you do indeed pay it yourself).

Tip, dont argue on stuff you dont know shit about. Laughing
jarrad
Regular

May 2003
Re: TPG Internet Sun, 07 November 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very vague reply
thanks for the help tho
next time answer my question little one
toymod
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: TPG Internet Mon, 08 November 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got tpg just conected with 1.5mb for just 49.95 per month and for 59.95 extra (one off) you get a four port modem it is capped to 20g then slows down to 94k
rollagrl
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: TPG Internet Sat, 20 November 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 03:28

i'm thinking of getting the 1.5 with 20gb limit a month for $50 with tpg.

i'm been told to wait a month or so cause alot of other companys are making adsl hella cheap.

thats what ive got so far so good
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TPG Internet Sat, 20 November 2004 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Callifo wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 21:24

700kb/sec theoretical max, and ADSL is not limited to 50, 160kb/sec maximum on home deals but up to 8MB on business. Plus we get double your upload speed.

Fair call on the upload speed, but price a faster ADSL plan. Doesn't touch cable for value. It's always nice to be downloading something in 10 multiple streams without having it noticably slow down your browsing.

Callifo wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 21:24

And telstra is unlimited* (* after 10gig we can bend you over a barrel)

That would be true if they actually bend you over. After 10GB, they *can* slow you down, I'm yet to have it happen.

Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: TPG Internet Sat, 20 November 2004 11:03 Go to previous message
On that notice, the new adsl speeds are beginning to come out. 2000/384 ($50 a month, if it wasnt for the 12gig Id be there already) with the possibility of 6mb if you within a certain distance of the exchange. mmmmm Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GTA: San Andreas
Next Topic:Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 15:18:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057029724121094 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.