Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » BOV not working!!!Mounted on the turbo side??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
BOV not working!!!Mounted on the turbo side?? Fri, 05 November 2004 11:25 Go to next message
Need a little help..I just put a BOV on my car but i mounted the bov on the turbo side before the intercooler.. The thing is the BOV doesn't vent at all when i let go of the throttle..Just want to know if this is because its on the turbo side and not after the cooler near the trottle body?? Its pissing me of cause i stuffed around all day today to do it and i can't swap sides as the rubber hoses are diffrent and i don't have another one.
Help anyone
  Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: BOV not working!!!Mounted on the turbo side?? Fri, 05 November 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused

[Updated on: Fri, 05 November 2004 21:00]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BOV not working!!!Mounted on the turbo side?? Fri, 05 November 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, you're totally wrong... you really shouldn't go giving incorrect advice if you don't know what you're talking about.

Having the BOV just after the turbo(s) is not a problem at all, in fact this is how the 1JZ/2JZ are set up from the factory. If your BOV isn't venting you might have the vac line hooked up to the wrong place - it needs to connect to the plenum, or somewhere after the throttle body. Where do you have it connected now?

Oh, and a plumb-back BOV vents to the inlet system pre-turbo. It has nothing to do with the exhaust whatsoever.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 November 2004 11:45]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: BOV not working!!!Mounted on the turbo side?? Fri, 05 November 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, if there was none left by the time it got through the IC, there would be no need for BOV's! Laughing

Seriously, as Norbie said, I'd be checking your vacuum line is set up right.
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: BOV not working!!!Mounted on the turbo side?? Sat, 06 November 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie was that comment to me...i wasn't giving any advice i was asking for it..
anyways its working just fine...The little brass bit was stuck on it,inside the valve, so i removed it,fine sanded it on a laith and greased it. and problem fixed....you can't hear it much anyways from sound deading under the hood and the wastgates...

thanks for the info anyways norbie and peoples..
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: BOV not working!!!Mounted on the turbo side?? Sat, 06 November 2004 07:02 Go to previous message
BLK1GGTE wrote on Sat, 06 November 2004 14:51

Norbie was that comment to me...i wasn't giving any advice i was asking for it..

No, it was to the response after you that is now missing Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu??
Next Topic:1UZFE engine dimensions ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 04:33:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049779415130615 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.