Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Hi New Member & Some Help needed?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EMPIRE
Newcomer

November 2004
Hi New Member & Some Help needed? Fri, 05 November 2004 23:56 Go to next message
Hey everyone i am Anton.

I am buying a 2004 Corolla Sportivo Soon. I am planning to keep it NA for now and i was wondering what mods i could do to some more power. So far i thought of extractors, pod filter and cat back exhaust system.
Help would be very appreciated.

Its going to be more of a cruiser car atm.
I am gettin a black one and gettin a dark tint on it. What rims do you guys think would suit it. Preferbly 17"s or 18"s. I think white will look really good, i also plan on taking the grill out and spraying it white. To match the rims.

I will also be putting a sound system in there, haven't decided on which one yet.
Thanks for the help guys take care.
  Send a private message to this user    
Supergal
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Hi New Member & Some Help needed? Sat, 06 November 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi and welcome.

by the sound of things we could use your help.

you already know what u want. i mean what else can u do besides a full custom body kit and lower it.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Hi New Member & Some Help needed? Sat, 06 November 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm a fan of brushed aluminium or shadow-chrome wheels on a black car.

if you're going to go extractors and cat back, you might as well replace the cat and that little length of pipe left, or it'll just be a choke point for your exhaust.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Hi New Member & Some Help needed? Sat, 06 November 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some guy who worked for toyota replied for a similar question and said not to do any mods to these cars as they have had many come back to the dealers, mods=voided warranty+ problems = empty wallet.
You do know these cars aren't making the 141kw they claimed and hopefully yours has been fitted with the new ecu and airbox to fix this. Good car for the price but not the ultimate hot hatch. As long as you are happy with it thats all that matters but personally the car has a very limited power band ie between 6300-8300rpm, not everyone really wnats to cane a car that hard and the gearing in the first few gears means that when changing up at the redline it drops off the second cams and bogs down.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Hi New Member & Some Help needed? Sat, 06 November 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know i'll probably get bashed for this but i'll give it a shot. just wondering if you have driven the renault clio sport? i know its not a toyota but it falls into the sports compact range

i've been in a mates one a few tims and was very impressed with the very even spread of power the whole way through. also a very good all rounder, he takes it to wakefield and gets low 1:17's and its completely stock, he does have a cat back although this doesn't really gain any power.

/me prepares to run for cover
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: Hi New Member & Some Help needed? Sat, 06 November 2004 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aaaahhhhh, Renaults, my first loves
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: Hi New Member & Some Help needed? Sat, 06 November 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Sat, 06 November 2004 15:57

i know i'll probably get bashed for this but i'll give it a shot. just wondering if you have driven the renault clio sport? i know its not a toyota but it falls into the sports compact range

If I had the money and was looking for a hot hatch Clio would be the first thing I'd check out.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Hi New Member & Some Help needed? Sat, 06 November 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clios are hot stuff
typical french build quality, but their handling is amazing, and they've got a decent bit of poke happening as well
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: Hi New Member & Some Help needed? Sat, 06 November 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but still u can't under estimate that Supra 6 cylinder power/price/ and quailty
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Hi New Member & Some Help needed? Sat, 06 November 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it can only be outdone in ecomony
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Hi New Member & Some Help needed? Sat, 06 November 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont worry I woould take the clio over the corolla any day except for the fact its the same size as the echo the corolla physically is a much larger car thus more practical
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: Hi New Member & Some Help needed? Mon, 08 November 2004 07:30 Go to previous message
ITS COSTLY BUT GET ALL TRD STUFF AND YOU KEEP WARNTY whers your location i might be able to get a better price for you Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Custom Front and Rear Swaybars !
Next Topic:1G owners only
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:05:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068831443786621 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.