Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Thu, 04 November 2004 21:47 Go to next message
any ideas appreciated

thank you
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Thu, 04 November 2004 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Turbo.
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Thu, 04 November 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To get to 150Hp shouldnt really require that much work, although ask alot of 2TG owners, it can be very expensive..

Large Headwork,very large cams,stroke/bore anything as close to 2.0L as you can,bigger valves,upped compression/forgies, blueprinted and totally balanced, QuadThrottles? if your looking for big all motor power out of these motors then quads is the way to go, bigger injectors, i know of a 300+HP N/A 2TG running quadthrottles..(also very expensive) also your ignition system probably needs a bit of a boost also, so something setup from MSD would be the go.. programable ecu,

if you have really deep pockets then this would be the way to go about it, but besides that youl have 150hp or probably much more... Very Happy all you gotta do after that is throw it all in a KE20 or something.

hope that helps. Smile
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Thu, 04 November 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok good in sayin so but wat do i need to do it

so far ive come up with

-3tgte exhaust manifold and turbo
-intercooler of sum kind
-new exhaust system

wat else???
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Thu, 04 November 2004 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and by the way my engine is already 133hp

just incase that makes it any easier
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Thu, 04 November 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have 2 questions for you....

1- what have you done so far to motor to get 133HP?

2- is that power rating at fly or wheels?
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Fri, 05 November 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats at the flywheel

im not sure wats been done but the injectors dont look original and i havent looked at the cams.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Fri, 05 November 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont bother unless u have a te27 Razz
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Fri, 05 November 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i could find one id have one Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Fri, 05 November 2004 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look 11to 1 comp ,320 duration and 440 lift good rods and a set of 48 webbers and a nice set of extractors will make 165 hp no worries ,but sik ta22 with his cough bullshit 300 hp N/A 1600 is full of shit ,maybe it has a invisable turbo on it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Fri, 05 November 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok instead of makin a new post il put my question here

i am running my electric ignition dizzy off a standard coil without an igniter. wat problems will this cause??

so far i think that its blowing black smoke from not being engough spark, is this right or wrong??
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Fri, 05 November 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WANTED: Te27, in good condition, will pay up to 5 grand.

hehehehehehe Very Happy Laughing
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Fri, 05 November 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
300hp N/A?

bwahahahahahaha and then he fell out of bed!
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Fri, 05 November 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilcrash wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 21:38

i am running my electric ignition dizzy off a standard coil without an igniter. wat problems will this cause??

you mean you have a electric ignition dizzi with the pickup that came with the dizzi?

then you need the ignitor to drive the coil - the pickup/sensor does not act like a set of points, it only triggers the ignitor, it will not trigger a coil on it's own.

with the proper pickup/ignitor/coil you'll get very good spark.

unless you're comfortabel modifying your electrical systems, just stick to the factory setup.

Quote:

so far i think that its blowing black smoke from not being engough spark, is this right or wrong??

black smoke would indicate too much fuel - perhaps with better spark, you might burn more of it.
stark
Regular

August 2004
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Fri, 05 November 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muaythaiman wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 22:43

300hp N/A?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

oh god that made my day...

An engine designed in the 60's developing 187BHP per litre!!!!

That reminds me of those roadrunner cartoons where the laws of physics go on holidays!!!

TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Fri, 05 November 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol.. i just had to laugh!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Fri, 05 November 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I challenge you to say something usefull, that isnt piggy backing on what someone else allready has said

TRD_Celica wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 23:12

lol.. i just had to laugh!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Fri, 05 November 2004 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so who believe that an electric dizzy will not not run off a standard coil without an igniter??

my car runs ok like this i just hooked the green plug into 2 diffrent wires and hooked it to the coil.
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Fri, 05 November 2004 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a 22re coil and ignitor here you can have for $30 if you want? When the wreckers wanted $70 for one set, I thought I may as well grab a "spare".

lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Fri, 05 November 2004 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a elec coil and igniter just neva botherd putin it on

its on now but its not workin so i dont know

thanx neway
t_temperley
Regular

May 2002
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Sat, 06 November 2004 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are two types of 2tgeu electronic dizzy.(to my knowledge).
One which requires an external ignitor pack, the other has an internal ignitor and will run fine on a high voltage coil.
I had the latter on my last 2tg (88260 head).
Hope that was of some help.
Tom
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Sat, 06 November 2004 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all i know is my engine doesnt have a number on the head.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Sat, 06 November 2004 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you open the dizzi, you should be able to identify the presence or absence of the ignitor.

external ignotor model will have a pickup like the units inside 18RG electronic dizzi.

the head number is cast into the head - someone else here will probably know where to look for it?
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Sat, 06 November 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat i mean is its the model 2tgeu that didnt have a head number.(correction it is a 11111-88262)

quote = http://www.geocities.com/colosseum/4883/2tg-info.h tml

"Yamaha", steel inspection cover, double valve springs, "GE2" or "GEX-2". 88262 number sometimes missing from the head

wat should the igniter look like???

[Updated on: Sat, 06 November 2004 04:37]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Sat, 06 November 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gearb0x wrote on Sat, 06 November 2004 00:24

I challenge you to say something usefull, that isnt piggy backing on what someone else allready has said

TRD_Celica wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 23:12

I challenge you to say something useful/constructive !

Is there a chance that the 300hp N/A motor sikta22 was talking about ran off something other than pump petrol ???
Or even with that is it still a long shot ?

[Updated on: Sat, 06 November 2004 07:15]

sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Sat, 06 November 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you already have 133 then all you need is a 17 hp nos kit

that will give you 150

but first think of how much it will cost you

if its goin to cost 2000 dollars to get over 150

then why not spend 3000 on a turbo system and get over 200 hp from it
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: how do i get 150hp out of a 2tgeu?? Sat, 06 November 2004 09:38 Go to previous message
so far ive come up with i can do a turbo conversion for under $1000 but im not sure if i want to bother, i could just go and buy a 1ggte or sumthin for the same money

opinions please
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ta22 engin conversion
Next Topic:BOV not working!!!Mounted on the turbo side??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 06:05:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.052914142608643 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.