Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » GTA: San Andreas (3) 1 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
GTA: San Andreas Thu, 28 October 2004 19:08 Go to next message
i guess i'll start it first.
who's gona be playing this game today? i picked up mine last night but i didnt get a chance to play as i'm at work.
i'll be home in 3 hours though Surprised
  Send a private message to this user    
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Fri, 29 October 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got it, been playing all morning Very Happy Thought I'd take a break...
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: GTA: San Andreas Fri, 29 October 2004 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Waiting for it to be released on PC, heard it will be another 6months. Confused
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: GTA: San Andreas Fri, 29 October 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I picked mine up at lunch time. Been playing for an hour now. Having fun riding my bike around, doing a few missions, getting hair cuts and eating burgers.
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: GTA: San Andreas Fri, 29 October 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We have it here, Dave has been playing it since he got it, its an awesome game.... like how you can play pool and when you go into bars and theres arcade machines you can actually play the games......

It would take you forever and a day to work thru this game using all the options you have....
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Fri, 29 October 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i played this game all afternoon.
my guy is 'swoll' and covered in tatts.
i keep getting shot at by rival gangs cause of my colours though Sad

its definitely alot harder than previous GTA games.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Fri, 29 October 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buying it tomorrow
cant wait.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Fri, 29 October 2004 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The sub-games are awesome Cool Spent about an hour playing the arcade machines trying to rack up a high score. Should have a competition...

EDIT: Forgot to mention you can also modify your car, exhaust, bodykit, nitrous etc Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Fri, 29 October 2004 16:26]

joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Fri, 29 October 2004 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep. u can even play basketball, pool, video games (in your house)

its awesome
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sat, 30 October 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The whole '12 month PS2 exclusive' thing is friggin ghey..... I was planning to rent it or borrow it, copy it onto my XBOX, and pay no more than maybe $6 for the game...... But noooooo.... I have to wait 12 months to do that.

As if I'm gonna hold out that long!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: GTA: San Andreas Sat, 30 October 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its 6 months, but still thats fkn bs.

xbox version will get leaked, ill dl and stick it on my box.

i give it 1 month tops and we will have it.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sat, 30 October 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Sat, 30 October 2004 12:01

i think its 6 months, but still thats fkn bs.

xbox version will get leaked, ill dl and stick it on my box.

i give it 1 month tops and we will have it.

Well, I damn well hope so my man..... I gotsta have it!!!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Sat, 30 October 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ps2 is the best console for 2 reasons.

gran turismo series.
grand theft auto series.

buy a ps2. this game is awesome.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Sat, 30 October 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not to mention the fact the ps2 has more support.
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Sat, 30 October 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ps2 also has Metal Gear Solid 2, Micromachines 3D (great for parties - 4 player!), Eyetoy (also great for parties) and whatever that sequel to Devil Dice was called

[Updated on: Sat, 30 October 2004 13:04]

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sat, 30 October 2004 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PS2s are technically inferior to the XBOX in many ways, mainly in the value for money aspects.

having said that, i will probably be buying a PStwo anyway, as they are "better" in a lot of ways, san andreas and GT4 being a few of these reasons.

ill have to re-form my hands to be able to use the PS2 controller though, xbox type s is so comfy!
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sat, 30 October 2004 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd rather wait for the PC version for superior graphics. Lots of people are talking about how shit the jaggies really are on the ps2 version of the game and how it ruins it in a way.

Also I'll play vice city a few times more for my 80's fix. Smile I've seen the playlist and stations for SA and am not impressed by the choice of music or the DJ's, (or lack of). Wink

But if you do buy it right now, you'll be getting the uncut version.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 31 October 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sat, 30 October 2004 14:26

ps2 is the best console for 2 reasons.

gran turismo series.
grand theft auto series.

buy a ps2. this game is awesome.

I have a PS2. Bought it the first day they were available..... The only reason being so I can play GT.

As far as consoles go, XBOX OWNS!!!
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 31 October 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, I got my PS2 on that first day, too. Still play it heaps. Have you noticed that your really early PS2 won't read anything on a DVD-R disc, eg. home video burned to DVD-R? we've got two PS2s here... the other belongs to my housemate and is a later revision... it plays DVD-Rs fine

Not overly concerned about graphics quality. I appreciate gameplay Very Happy and GTA:SA seems excellent
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 31 October 2004 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
early PS2s wont read "home movie" dvds unless they are modified, but you are always better off just buying a 70 dollar DVD player, as a PS2 is a PS2 and not a DVD player.

speaking of which, i was my first PStwo today, they are ridiculosuly small!

bought san andreas too, yet to play it but the DVD looks exciting
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 31 October 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My PS2 and PSX are both modded. The guy that did the mod for me reckons that the DVDR-not-working issue is something that none of the mods he's seen are capable of fixing. I've got some imported Jap games on CDR though, and they play without hassle. (there are many awesome Jap-only games!)

For some crazy reason it won't play my original copy of GTA:VC though, which is DVD and from the US market. Strange. It's supposed to, but it doesn't.
ae86_boy
Regular

August 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 31 October 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
San Andreas: Best Game on Ps2!! Smile
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 31 October 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have to get this game Evil or Very Mad I absoultly loved Vice City!!! Very Happy as for the consol debate, PS2 because it doesn't have a "bulky controller" like the X-box does (Only beef with the X-box)
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 31 October 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you do know you can get the smaller xbox control.. Rolling Eyes
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 31 October 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but why should I pay more to get one
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 31 October 2004 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"yeah but why should I pay more to get one"

why should you pay more to get better wheels for your car... why should you pay more for a faster PC...
why should you pay more for nicer food...

It's life really, the Xbox's now come out with the S Controllers standard anyway.

As far as GTA:SA goes, I really want the PC or Xbox version, but I don't know if I will be able to, it looks like such a good game! Very Happy

Vice City and GTA3 were great, so I can't see SA being an exception to that rule. The sheer scale of the game seems enormous, and its great that they have finally put in some country environment.

Might have to pick up a PS2 sometime to play it if I can't wait, but I really don't want to use the PS2 controller, I'm too used to my Xbox S... The variable trigger buttons on them have to be the best thing for driving games ever!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 31 October 2004 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have PS2 and XBOX, the latter is the outright winner every time...

However there are flashes from such items as GTA:SA and GT3/4 that will own.

My XBOX came with the smaller controller and I dont like it, it makes my left hand go to sleep Sad
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Mon, 01 November 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
God damn. Best game ever.

i got it thursday arvo, when the guy from EB games was unpaking their shipment. I waited till I put up a new TV antenna then arvo before i started playing(thank god...) and I haven't stopped opkaying since. I went down town a coulpe of times, slept a bit (on saturday night I just played through, was up playing late, then noticed the sun rising out the window thought fuckit, sleep's overrate) kept playing till 10:30 when I collapsed... now I'm posting this before i get back on it...

It is so fuckin huge!! everyone else unlocked the whole map yet?? You have to fly fuckin jets just to cross the map in a timly manner. There is so much packed into this it's insane!!

You guys played 2 player yet? it's fun but real "unfunushed" if
only they put more effort into the co-op action...

I think I can safely call it the best game I've ever played.

My fav thing to do at the moment? Grab a parachute, grab a bike or a BMX, head to a big jump (top of MT chilliad is good, plus there's a BMX waiting at the top for you!) get some speed, hit the jump, watch the speed blur as you accellerate to your doom, bail from the bike, freefall a bit then hit the shute and glide down the valley....

Anyway, I'e spent far too long away from it already...

See y'all in a few more days..

Tim.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GTA: San Andreas Mon, 01 November 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA28 wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 10:04

My fav thing to do at the moment? Grab a parachute, grab a bike or a BMX, head to a big jump (top of MT chilliad is good, plus there's a BMX waiting at the top for you!) get some speed, hit the jump, watch the speed blur as you accellerate to your doom, bail from the bike, freefall a bit then hit the shute and glide down the valley....

Anyway, I'e spent far too long away from it already...

See y'all in a few more days..

Tim.
There's supposed to be some building you can base jump from too. Smile

As for the Xbox controller, you can get an adapter that allows a mouse/keyboard combo for it now as well.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Mon, 01 November 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man the xbox controller is ten times better than the ps2 one. Although large it is ergonomically designed and fits perfectly in your hands all buttons are within reach and you can play for hours without sore hands. I play my friends ps2 and cant stand the controller it shits me. The xbox controller is brilliant I used the small controller at the shops the other day and would have to say it is harder to use than the standard controller. Cant wait for San Andreas on Xbox prob get it as have plenty of time to play games at the moment.
Best feature of xbox controller = triggers which are the best way of
modulating throttle this side of a steering wheel.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Mon, 01 November 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 16:02

There's supposed to be some building you can base jump from too. Smile

go to the round building in the middle of 'commerce'. i think thats the area (dont have the map with me, im at work Rolling Eyes). the building is a baby blue colour and u can clearly see it from a distance. its the tallest building in the area. the parachute is there but when u pick it up, sometimes it doesnt show up on your back. its still there though so jump off and have fun!!
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Mon, 01 November 2004 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and btw, apparently the producers of HALO2 are trying to find every single person who downloaded the leaked version of HALO2 and sueing them for US$100,000 a pop. be careful of getting a leaked version of GTA:SA guys.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Tue, 02 November 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joyride wrote on Tue, 02 November 2004 00:29

oh and btw, apparently the producers of HALO2 are trying to find every single person who downloaded the leaked version of HALO2 and sueing them for US$100,000 a pop. be careful of getting a leaked version of GTA:SA guys.

As if that's going to happen.

There are a few base jump points, the big pointy-pyramid shaped building in San fierro, it's near the vale's hotel is one, also there's a cool rock-thingy in the desert...kinda due east from the airport...

As for which controller is the best, I think it depends on what you own. I have been playing my PS2 non-stop for the last 4 days, and my hands aren't sore. The Xbox is techinically a better machine, but so was the N64... Sony just do a better job marketing and signing up the developers.

I'm about to go into town for a bit, this will be the first time in 4 days I have voluntarily left the couch...I have so much to catch up on....

Tim.
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: GTA: San Andreas Tue, 02 November 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds pretty awesome, hopefully the pc or xbox version will come out soon. PC preferably because its got better controls + better graphics.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: GTA: San Andreas Tue, 02 November 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found a pimp mobile with Hydraulics today behnd the car wash in inglewood or whatever. Where is the parachute at? I havent done that yet

This game is awesome. They have thought of everything its unbeleivable. I think it is quite possibly the best game ever. Ive started talking differently too. Busta!
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: GTA: San Andreas Tue, 02 November 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hrm seems like they are being dickheads and are holding back non-ps2 copies until 3rd quarter 2005.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: GTA: San Andreas Tue, 02 November 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry, but

BWAHAHAHAHHAA
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: GTA: San Andreas Tue, 02 November 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They think theyll make more sales by doing this (being forced to buy PS2's) but only problem is once the pc/xbox version is out no one will buy it because its OLD. Mad Mad

Im sure as hell not gonna surcome to their blackmail.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Tue, 02 November 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha as soon as they complete the pc version it will be leaked an available to download from millions of places... so who gives! no ways im playing it on a console...
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Tue, 02 November 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Tue, 02 November 2004 20:53

I found a pimp mobile with Hydraulics today behnd the car wash in inglewood or whatever.

that car is used to pimp hoes. man i was going great this morning but then the car blew up Sad

Laughing @ inglewood. too much westside gangster shit for you.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Wed, 03 November 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think R* have a deal with sony to hold back the game on other platforms. I dunno what R* get in return though.

People will still by the Xbox and PC versions, this game is that good.

I finished it yesterday arvo after 46 hours playing time and got 55% completion. It's good to have ome time back. Now it's just the long, hard slog to 100%...

I wish they let you keep the skycrane with the magnet.

My advice to all, when you do the skycrane mission, try to save the thing in your garage and see if you keep the magnet. I wanna pick up more cars!

Tim.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Wed, 03 November 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome game, I have held back from doing missions at the moment, and just finding mad cars, smashing them up, trying to out run the cops, bashing people, and finding sh!T.

i gotta find that Pimp car, thats the one I been looking for!

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Fri, 05 November 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What can I say?

BEST GAME EVAHHH!!!!

How big is this mofo?!

I've been workin out at the gym every day and am freakin huge now. this is without a doubt, the best game I have ever played (as far as this genre goes anyways).
crayz legz
Regular

January 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sat, 06 November 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can fly a learjet!!! just jump tha fence at the airport gate thingo with a car its easy!
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 07 November 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You get a harrier too later on. Witrh guided missles and decoy chaffs. (for taking out the more advanced gangster...)

Where do I get the attack shopper from? It must be a side mission. there's another helipad in my air base so I assume once you do the mission it'll spawn there.

Tim.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 07 November 2004 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where can I get a parachute?
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 07 November 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This game is awsome, best ive played in awhile, thats why i actually decided to purchase it !

its basically a state !

1. 5 cities
2. huge rang of cars, bicycles, motorcycles and misc ride on things
3. people talk to you and you can answer them pos or neg
4. mini games are way better

if you want me to keep going i will, but dont want to spoil some of the best things for other people that havent played..

Matt
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 07 November 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parachute can be found in the huge huge building near mullholland intersection or at the top of mt. chillat

this game is addictive i cant stop playin it. ive won like 26 million off the hosre betting thing.

the interesting vehicles ive seen so far are
-wheat harvester
-ride on mower
-front end loader
-quad bike
-forklift
-train
-truck with trailers attached
-airport freight vehicle with trailers

without a doubt the best game so far
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 07 November 2004 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pffft, no console is the best, it's better to just own them all Wink (and I do, every console released in australia except PS1, NES and Atari I own)

GTA SA is fucking awesome though!, I've made to San Fierro so far, mucking around is so much more fun than GTA 3 or GTA VC. Love riding a bike!

Oh yeah, the PC release won't be out for another year, and it hasn't been announced for xbox so far, but it most likely will be at some stage.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Mon, 08 November 2004 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apparently there is a yeti, UFO and other unexplained mysteries in the game too.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Tue, 09 November 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think all the yeti crap is just that, crap. I mean, with all the people playing it, I haven't seen a screenshot yet, shitload of fakes though. Someone would've taken a pic by now if it were true.

The NRG500 kicks ass.

Heaps of parachutes around. On the top of a few buildings, on the top of one of the bridges, on top of one of the bigpillars in the desert...

also in any "quality" plane. Pretty much everything but the dodo I think, heli's as well. Just bail in mid air and you'll have a chute. Make sure you're got a bit of altitude though...

There are hovercrafts too, there's a mission where you chase someone in one and you can get one at a logging yard somewhere.

There are go-carts too, but I don't know where they spawn, and the monster truck kicks ass.

Tim.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 November 2004 11:25]

BIG guy
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Tue, 09 November 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just got this game today and im absolutly luvin it. i recommend it to everyone and anyone. this is the best game that i have ever played, atleast until GT4 Very Happy
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Tue, 09 November 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wanna see the Yeti? Looks real enough but i'm no expert Razz

EDIT: Apparently fake - http://img68.exs.cx/img68/4193/bigfoot3.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2004 02:42]

RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Tue, 09 November 2004 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
c'mon mate. did you do look into it at all?? That photo's been on every GTA forum and on every GTA forum has been proven a fake.

took me 40 seconds to write this post, and I'll never get them back...

Tim.
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Tue, 09 November 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i freakin love this game!!!!!!

Bought it 4 days ago and cant put it down, i have withdrawals while im here at work Sad

I cant wait to go home and play some more 2nite... Oh shit i cant, ive got jimeoin NO!!!!!!!
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Wed, 10 November 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA28 wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 09:51

c'mon mate. did you do look into it at all?? That photo's been on every GTA forum and on every GTA forum has been proven a fake.

took me 40 seconds to write this post, and I'll never get them back...

Tim.

No I didn't look into it, geez sorry for wasting your time mate Rolling Eyes
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Wed, 10 November 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah so ya should be!
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Wed, 10 November 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing I'm avoiding the GTA forums until I finish the game, got the picture from another unrelated site & I didn't know there was such a debate about it.

On another note, does anyone know why planes keep crashing down around the mountain? Was walking along minding my own business when a plane crashed down right in front me!
ae86_boy
Regular

August 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Wed, 10 November 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone past it yet, i heard from somewhere that it takes 150hrs to complete
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Wed, 10 November 2004 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
planes crash on highways too.
maybe its al-qaeda practising? Rolling Eyes
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:asleep at the wheel
Next Topic:TPG Internet
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:50:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010410070419312 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.