Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
LEVIN GTV
Regular

October 2004
Exhausts on 4ages Sun, 07 November 2004 12:23 Go to next message
Hey guys,

Looking at getting a new system for my levin. Currently running the stock pipes with stock muffler.

Just looking at what systems people suggest. Im pretty much sold on a 2.25" exhaust, extractors with a high flow cat.

Just looking to see what people are running on their Ge's and what mufflers they are using.

What are people happy with?
What would people suggest?

If anyone has an mp3 or media file of their car or other 4age with an exhaust system that would be awsome.

CHeers
  Send a private message to this user    
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Re: Exhausts on 4ages Sun, 07 November 2004 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When i bought my 86 with 4AGE. It came with 4-1 extractors and a 2.5 inch exaust system (not sure bout muffler and cat, i know the cat is a lukey item but). Overall its loud especially with 3/4 of my sound deadning gone, my friends can here it screaming down there streets and i love it (my neighbours hate it at night time comming back from work). Basically if you want loudness go 2.5?, still i heard 2.25 is decently loud and you get the best of both worlds i think. Cause right now with the 2.5 if i want to talk to a friend while driving, we have to almost yell in order to hear ourselves but i don't mind. I hope this helps in some way?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Exhausts on 4ages Sun, 07 November 2004 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ookay then Wink

2.25 sounds like a good size..
if you have a single straight through muffler at the back with a 5" tip.. it will be loud and sound stupid and annoy your neighbours..

but a large chambered reverse flow muffler (like 2.5 or 2.75?3?) will muffle the sound a lot... a larger inlet/outlet will reduce restriction, and if it designed well, the interior will still flow well too...

canons and 'turbo' mufflers are not the quietest of things..

you could also chuck a resonator near the front of the car, but the cat may do a reasonable job of muting the higher pitch noise... i dare say most people remove the cat, but they definiteyl help to quieten things down.
my 2c
Cya, Stewart
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Exhausts on 4ages Sun, 07 November 2004 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh old corolla's rite.. after all that .. u should be sweet
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Exhausts on 4ages Mon, 08 November 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got a 2.25" system with "hollow-flow" cat Wink then a long resonator then a bit more 2.25" pipe then another resonator then a canon style straight thru muff. its loud especially going up a hill at about 3500-4000 rpm, sounds a bit dodgy coz of the cat but ur gettin a hi flow one so it should sound pretty decent.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Exhausts on 4ages Mon, 08 November 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 02:10

ookay then Wink

2.25 sounds like a good size..
if you have a single straight through muffler at the back with a 5" tip.. it will be loud and sound stupid and annoy your neighbours..

but a large chambered reverse flow muffler (like 2.5 or 2.75?3?) will muffle the sound a lot... a larger inlet/outlet will reduce restriction, and if it designed well, the interior will still flow well too...

canons and 'turbo' mufflers are not the quietest of things..

you could also chuck a resonator near the front of the car, but the cat may do a reasonable job of muting the higher pitch noise... i dare say most people remove the cat, but they definiteyl help to quieten things down.
my 2c
Cya, Stewart

i have 2.25 with a 5" tip and its perfect. Dont hear much or anything below 3000rpm. Get exhaust note when flooring it at 3500 onwards.

Get the noise when u want it and quiet otherwise. PERFECT!!
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Exhausts on 4ages Mon, 08 November 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a 4AGE, extractors, and a 2.25" exhaust all the way thru with a high flow cat

i can't tell you what it sounds like cause my car is yet to be wired up, heh
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Exhausts on 4ages Mon, 08 November 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got 4-1 extractors all mandrel bend 2.25" into a high flow cat and a resonator underaxle into a 2.25" muffler, it was quiet at first i changed the muffler cause i had a canon and it was so stupid loud, but after a lot of high revving it seemed to get louder now, and is getting annoying again.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 November 2004 05:52]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Exhausts on 4ages Mon, 08 November 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine drones so badly on the freeway its annoying.

Got a cat, resonator, muffler and 2inch all the way through.. Don't know what can be changed to get rid of the droning noise.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Exhausts on 4ages Mon, 08 November 2004 06:08 Go to previous message
mufflers get louder as it gets older. try getting a branded one like apexi or hks etc... Those wouldnt get loud too soon. No NO to cannons!!(noisy)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Installing Celicamad Boost Controller
Next Topic:3tgte ignition on 2tg?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:12:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057239532470703 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.