Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Parts Wanted » WA 86 Owners: HELP!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rb26_n1
Regular

August 2004
icon4.gif  WA 86 Owners: HELP! Mon, 08 November 2004 01:27 Go to next message
aight, as the title mentions anybody in w.a. know where i can get a gearbox cheap for my sprinter? i juz woke up one morning n realize tht i cant get my sprinter ito gear, i gotta use lots or muscle juz to engage a gear. im seriously thinking the clutch juz broke on me, so if anybody out there got a spare gearbox or a clutch throw a price at me n we'll work something out. i need one badly coz' a week into 86 ownership n the shit juz gives up on u can really break a person. help me get my baby back on the road! Smile much appreciated to anybody who helps.
  Send a private message to this user    
Blackers
Regular

October 2004
Re: WA 86 Owners: HELP! Mon, 08 November 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ross at auto clutch Ossie Park can do a heavy duty clutch for $220, failing that try pick a part (corolla KE70 with the 4A motor uses the same clutch and gearbox as AE86) in Cannington. I may have an old clutch around here that may help you with your problems but will have to check when I get back from the minesite that I work on.
Cheers
Blackers
rb26_n1
Regular

August 2004
Re: WA 86 Owners: HELP! Mon, 08 November 2004 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any help is appreciated blackers! if u do have a spare clutch thank god man! by the way, whuts the contact number for the workshop at Ossie park? il contact them and plan. also, ever had this problem wit a t50? im still new wit ae's man so im pretty much not yet familiar wit the pro's and con's of the car. Very Happy
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: WA 86 Owners: HELP! Mon, 08 November 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rb26_n1 wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 09:27

aight, as the title mentions anybody in w.a. know where i can get a gearbox cheap for my sprinter? i juz woke up one morning n realize tht i cant get my sprinter ito gear, i gotta use lots or muscle juz to engage a gear. im seriously thinking the clutch juz broke on me, so if anybody out there got a spare gearbox or a clutch throw a price at me n we'll work something out. i need one badly coz' a week into 86 ownership n the shit juz gives up on u can really break a person. help me get my baby back on the road! Smile much appreciated to anybody who helps.

The box was fine Sean. Is there fluid in the clutch master cylinder?

If worst comes to worst mate I know of a box and clutch going cheap....

Gabe
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: WA 86 Owners: HELP! Mon, 08 November 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, i doubt it's the clutch.
im guessing the slave cylinder is leaking, so check the fluid.
a new slave from toyota wont set you back too much.
Blackers
Regular

October 2004
Re: WA 86 Owners: HELP! Mon, 08 November 2004 05:34 Go to previous message
Auto Clutch 9244 4496, 24 Sundercombe st Osbourne Park, guys name is Ross. Before you go and pull the box out make sure that there is fluid in the clutch reservior and that the slave cylinder that pushes the clutch fork is actually moving. I have had 2 cars recently with badly leaking master cylinders. Check the oil level in the gearbox while you are under the car. I have only heard of people breaking boxes due to excessive horsepower and/or bad driving habits. Any other dramas try ringing me on 0419 875 879
Cheers
Blackers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1GGTE Gen 3 Coil and Ignitor Wanted
Next Topic:Sunroof lid for RA63 Coupe
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:19:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048971176147461 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.