Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3SGTE Gen 2 throttle body enlarging

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
3SGTE Gen 2 throttle body enlarging Mon, 08 November 2004 02:44 Go to next message
What i am wanting to do is put a larger throttle body on the 3s. The reason is that i am putting on a front mount and am wanting to achieve maximum flow, changing the size of the piping before the i/c won't help the flow, but if i enlarge the piping after the i/c it will flow better. But there is no point in making the piping larger than the throttle body as it will make a bottle neck.

To put on a larger throttle body, will i need to change the inlet manifold at the same time? Is the Group A throttle body larger than the Standard gen 2?

Bear with me as i'm currently unable to walk, so am unable to check sizes on the engine.
  Send a private message to this user    
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 3SGTE Gen 2 throttle body enlarging Mon, 08 November 2004 03:43 Go to previous message
the ST205 is the bigger 60mm throttle body. The ST185 Grp A is the same size TB as the normal 3SGTE (55mm).

The TB to manifold flange *looks* similar http://gtfour.supras.org.nz/pics/manifold2.jpg

So maybe you'd be lucky and bolt the 205 TB to the 185 manifold. Not sure thou.

EDIT: The gasket part numbers are different... 22271-88381 for Gen2, 22271-88480 for the Gen3, but of course, knowing Toyota, that doesn't mean its different Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 08 November 2004 03:48]

Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3RZFE - Emissions
Next Topic:Brake pedal goes spongey after hard corner for first push
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:57:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040030479431152 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.