Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
MX73 Remote Central Locking Sun, 07 November 2004 12:34 Go to next message
IS there anywhere I can go to get my remote central locking fixed, or replaced for an 85 MX73 Cressida? Has anyone had to do this before? The remote central locking button was broken when I first got the Cressy, but I have been too lazy to find out how I can get it replaced.
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MX73 Remote Central Locking Mon, 08 November 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are talking about the button on the drivers door, then just go to a wrecker and pick up a new panel.

You can try to repair it if you like, it could be something very simple.
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: MX73 Remote Central Locking Mon, 08 November 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No sorry, I meant the actual remote control thingy for central locking, the one that goes on your keychain.
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: MX73 Remote Central Locking Mon, 08 November 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was actually really surprised that a car of this age (1985) would even have remote central locking. Or does it just lock the drivers door, I wouldn't know because I have never had a chance to use it.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MX73 Remote Central Locking Mon, 08 November 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The one on the keychain is aftermarket, not factory.

Or, in the very rare case that it does have Toyota on it, then its a dealer fitted accessory, that one in a million people chose.

Go to a car stereo place, have it removed, and have a new one fitted
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: MX73 Remote Central Locking Mon, 08 November 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohhhh now you say that, I think it probably is an aftermarket one for the immobiliser. I thought it was the factory immobiliser but I just went out and had a look and it looks to be an aftermarket one, but I have unhooked it because it was causing all sorts of starting problems.

Thanks, sorry for the waste of a thread Razz
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: MX73 Remote Central Locking Mon, 08 November 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would any stereo place have an aftermarket kit for adding remote central locking to a car that already has central locking?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MX73 Remote Central Locking Mon, 08 November 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All remote immobilisers have central locking outputs.

The just wire it into the switch on the drivers door (or where it meets the main loom)
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: MX73 Remote Central Locking Mon, 08 November 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh ok cool, because now Im thinking of getting a new remote central locking kit put on. Do I just rip out all the stuff related to the old one?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MX73 Remote Central Locking Mon, 08 November 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, they will do that

Unless they plan to charge you extra, let them do it.
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: MX73 Remote Central Locking Mon, 08 November 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much roughly do they charge, I can get a full kit for about $80 including 2 remotes, 2 master actuators, 2 slave actuators and everything needed to install. Would It be very hard to install for a person who is very familiar with witing and all that jazz (Im not but a family friend is)?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MX73 Remote Central Locking Mon, 08 November 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
World's dodgiest kit.

You dont need any actuators as the car already has them installed.

For an approved remote immobiliser, expect about $150-$200 installed.
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: MX73 Remote Central Locking Mon, 08 November 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha yeh that was my first thought aswell. So Im now on the lookout for any reliable places who can fit one. If I can find all the parts needed, Im pretty sure that my mate will know how to install it properly, and I would trust him over anyone to install it.
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: MX73 Remote Central Locking Mon, 08 November 2004 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One idea he has come up with is rigging the TRC on the 1JZ up so that it closes the butterfly up and acts as an immobiliser, as the Cressida doesnt have ABS brakes theres no real need for TRC. He seemed quite confident that he could do it, does it sound like a possibility?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MX73 Remote Central Locking Mon, 08 November 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why do ppl wnat to do wierd things to stop their car being stolen??

If somebody wants it, they will take it.

But back on topic, drive the car to a stereo place, ANY stereo place, give them the money, come back a few hours later with a remote immob installed.

Without the receipt from the installer saying "supplied and fitted" you will not get the discount from the insurance company.
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: MX73 Remote Central Locking Mon, 08 November 2004 03:09 Go to previous message
I didnt want him stuffing around with it either, bit over the top.

Cheers for the help, once the engine swap is done, I'll drive it around and have a new one fitted.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 November 2004 03:13]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WA roll call off topic
Next Topic:Cheep gt celica
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 21:50:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065350532531738 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.