Toymods » The Outhouse » I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Thu, 04 November 2004 06:55 Go to next message
I crashed my bike on tuesday, yes the car is fine. But being on my bike it hurt like buggery. I only got out of hospital today. My knee had to be sown back together, as it was ripped apart on the BMW's front bar. I guess you could say my knee was my own fault as i was riding in shorts.

The Bikes still rideable, but there is a smashed mirror, smashed indicator, scratches all over and a nasty dent in the exaust.

The traffic had stopped and i was riding up the inside as i had seen several cars do illegal U-turns without indicating. The BMW that i collided with was doing a right turn across traffic and i couldn't see him. I was only doing about 40km/h in a 60 zone, and ended up hitting doing about 30km/h so it wasn't high speed.

Still pissed me off about the bike.
  Send a private message to this user    
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Thu, 04 November 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hear about that man...

Hope the knee heals up quick smart.
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Thu, 04 November 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit man, thems the brakes....

who was deemed at fault?? IMO It would be the BMW right?
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Thu, 04 November 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i haven't spoken to the cops yet, as i was taken off in an ambo. All i did was give them my licence to get my details. Lying on the ground i was like give me drugs, them give me more.

I might get charged with overtaking on the left, and deemed responsible, but that is one of the worsted cases. I don't think i will get charged with neg driving or dangerous driving, as the bike was still rideable and i saw it as the safest way to get through the traffic.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Thu, 04 November 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draza wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 15:49

I might get charged with overtaking on the left, and deemed responsible, but that is one of the worsted cases.

Yeah, they don't like undertaking.

Let us know what happens.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Thu, 04 November 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh man thats not cool, hope that your knee recovers, don't want it getting in the way of driving the celica.
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Fri, 05 November 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 19:45

ahh man thats not cool, hope that your knee recovers, don't want it getting in the way of driving the celica.

its the right knee, so i guess i can ridd up a pole and flat stick it and play with the clutch and brake to get the speed right.
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Sun, 07 November 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe that's why you shouldn't ride bikes
even a small crash is crazy
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Sun, 07 November 2004 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So many guys on bikes do stupid shit! I've almost had mirrors taken off by guys on bikes overtaking inbetween cars and coming to close.
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Mon, 08 November 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if doing 20km/h below the speed limit in peak hour where there is a gap of 1-2m each side of you is stupid, then call me stupid. I consider stupid doing a burnout out side thornleigh maccas on a sturday night.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Mon, 08 November 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to hear and all, but isnt riding in between traffid illegal?
dcleyne
Regular

November 2003
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Mon, 08 November 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Theoretically yes, but it usually comes down to the judgement of the officer in the case where you are pulled over. Just don't expect any favours from non-motorcycle police...

I once followed a motorcycle cop for 15ks between traffic down Nepean Hwy in peak hour. Every set of lights we stopped at we had a good ol chat...

Cheers,
Dan
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Mon, 08 November 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its illegal to overtake on the left, and its also illegal to overtake a turning vehicle. But they have several different ways of saying that, dam coppers.

Well i talked to the coppers. They said that i am to be charged with overtaking on the left, but they can't send that out till my blood test gets back. He also said the worst they might try and charge me with is Dangerous Driving/Riding. But since i was going as slow as i was, and took precautions i won't be charge with that.

I can almost walk again, the bruises are showing through nicely. The whole foot is a shade of yellow.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Mon, 08 November 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit dude, that's no good Sad I was thinking just a few days ago that you hadn't been around much lately..

Hope your knee gets completely better. Too many people I know have ended up with permament injuries from bike accidents..
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Tue, 09 November 2004 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you got any super-gory photo's of your knee?

We want carnage!

-J-

P.S. Sorry to hear about your pain.
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Tue, 09 November 2004 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its still bandaged from having it sewn back together, butthat bandage comes off on thursday, so carnage is coming.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Thu, 11 November 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blood, gore, guts and mess!
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Thu, 11 November 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
14 stitches held it together, i'll try and get some pics soon.
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: I crashed and f%&ked me leg at the same time Thu, 25 November 2004 15:35 Go to previous message
sad to hear mate but atleast your still alive unlike other unlucky ones lately...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:JOKES
Next Topic:EVL-R34 Flowers?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:15:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062921047210693 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.