Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Brendan
Occasional Poster

October 2004
MA61 bodies Sun, 07 November 2004 11:47 Go to next message
I need to replace some panels on my 1984 MA61 Supra which has a serious case of automotive cancer. Anyway, I did hear that the same year Celica's shared the same panels from the firewall back. Is this true, and what year Celicas were the same as the MA61's?

I can get a complete 1985 hatch with no rust for $200, just want to know if the panels off this would fit.

Thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 bodies Sun, 07 November 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any celica with an A6 in the middle of the model code is 'essentially' the same as an A6 Supra from the firewall back -

~'82-'83 RA60
~'84 SA63
~'85 RA65

Only the SA63 & RA65 have IRS like the Supra; Only the RA65 is EFI. That shouldn't concern you if you are just after body panels - the door metal and hatches are the same.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be cautious though.
Some have intrusion bars in the doors, some don't.

If you replace a door, replace it with one that has an intrusion bar.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It'll only be imports that won't have the bars. If you stick to Australian delivered stuff you'll be right.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also most (all?) Celica doors don't have power windows... not sure if it's possible to swap the internal mechanism, but it might be.

Oh and you'll lose the sunshade/wing on the hatch if you use a Celica hatch, unless you feel like drilling holes and swapping the glass.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 09:11

Also most (all?) Celica doors don't have power windows... not sure if it's possible to swap the internal mechanism, but it might be.

You sure can. I installed power windows in my RA60 with my Supra interior. The XX has RA60/5 doors. Very Happy

Oh and you'll lose the sunshade/wing on the hatch if you use a Celica hatch, unless you feel like drilling holes and swapping the glass.

That can ONLY be a good thing Laughing
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 11:14

That can ONLY be a good thing Laughing

Agreed!

[Updated on: Mon, 08 November 2004 07:28]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn willis, and you have a sunshade AND a spoiler! Shocked
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't knock the grandma wing!

My giant black ugly wing owns you all.

-J-
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, the giant black ugly sunshade owns all Laughing
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 21:46

Yes, the giant black ugly sunshade owns all Laughing

Hey you said it not me!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think someone has sunshade envy.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha, nah....just kidding Wink The sunshade sucks just as much as it did before Very Happy And that was a lot Laughing
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justcallmesunshadeenvy

i think not silly puppy. Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh, I wouldn't expect any less a childish comment than that from the massif dong, thanks for not letting me down Very Happy

You can all go back to your penis extension flares and sunshade Smile
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, OK, the sunshade mocking is fair enough.

But those flares are actually alright! Plus it means we can cram all kinds of ridiculous wheel sizes under there.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once again nathan tries to take the higher ground by playing the "im a bigger man" card.

Toymods is all about the gutter bitch, live it or leave it you raving metrosexual. Laughing Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, I never said I didn't like getting in the gutter, I'm not going anywhere Laughing

And what you mean "tries" to take the upper ground, I am the bigger man.

The flares do have a purpose, but they are far from pretty, and the car would look better with just flared guards.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 20:23

Any celica with an A6 in the middle of the model code is 'essentially' the same as an A6 Supra from the firewall back -

~'82-'83 RA60
~'84 SA63
~'85 RA65

Only the SA63 & RA65 have IRS like the Supra; Only the RA65 is EFI. That shouldn't concern you if you are just after body panels - the door metal and hatches are the same.

i think you forgot to specify XT.. theres no way ST panels will fit without some serious angle grinding..
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What you mean you forgot to specify XT? You mean specify a hatch or a coupe? They both came in the two spec levels.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
correct.. thus assuming it would be incorrect to say a coupe has the same body panels as the ma61
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What does ST and Xt have to do with the coupe versus hatch thing? Or did you just mix them up and thats what you meant to say?
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST = Coupe
XT = Hatch
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good old Australia had to have a different model system Smile Sorry, my take on it had been skewed by a couple of imports.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MA61 bodies Mon, 08 November 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
then again every one of our rides is different when we get them. you get that for 20 years of handballing.. mine came minus an airconditioning compressor and a belt Very Happy

like for instance, i ripped out the backseat yesterday coz im sending it off to the retrimmers tomorrow or wednesday and i found business cards and a competition entry form under it dated more than 15 years old.. and the guys name on the entry form is one of my important clients. hah! hows that for kooky!

Brendan
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: MA61 bodies Tue, 09 November 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for all the help guys, it's much appreciated.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MA61 bodies Wed, 10 November 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm told the rear wing is to defelct air onto the rear window and keep it clean ???
the guy who told me said it was the same as the spoiler on his kingswood .
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: MA61 bodies Wed, 10 November 2004 07:19 Go to previous message
wat about looks ?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2tg timing belt HELP
Next Topic:4age into a 22 (i have searched)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 22:24:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.022353887557983 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.