Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
icon5.gif  ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Mon, 08 November 2004 11:46 Go to next message
No im not on the reefer..

Theres a very good reason for asking this.

When i ripped out my old carpet a few weeks ago to put the new stuff in i noticed some things stuck onto the metal base of the car near the transmission tunnel. On both the drivers side, and passenger side, were two two cent pieces stuck in exactly the same places. Now, the chances of two 2 cent coins falling down the side of the carpet and tunnelling their way to exactly the same spot on both sides of the trannie is about the same as fitting a 1UZFE into a Starlet.

So how did it get there?!?

Has anyone pulled the carpet out of their ADM Supra and found coins in this location? Was this a superstitious luck thing that Toyota Australia put in place? Im really intrigued! Someone shed some light?
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Mon, 08 November 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rofl
I found plenty of coines under there, but none in strategic places (unless you could stuck in the handbrake gears strategic)
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Mon, 08 November 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was this the factory carpet ??

Do you think maybe who ever stuck them there did it just to freak you out ? Smile

I found a nail file in a door in the Manjuice...

CamZH
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Mon, 08 November 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeap... the factory blue carpet. it had never been taken out because it was still stuck down with all the factory underlay and shit in it too. but low and behold, under the underlay in those two identical spots.. the 2 cent pieces. Confused
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Mon, 08 November 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm i will check my supra
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Mon, 08 November 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It could have been a factory option.. 'Spiritual protection, extra $0.02' Wink
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Mon, 08 November 2004 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At least it wasn't a nut tied to a string inside the door pillar. Seen that factory option more than once.
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Mon, 08 November 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgatan wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 00:46

No im not on the reefer..

Now, the chances of two 2 cent coins falling down the side of the carpet and tunnelling their way to exactly the same spot on both sides of the trannie is about the same as fitting a 1UZFE into a Starlet.

That swap has been done, and with 2 turbo's as well. Hasn't hit the strip yet though.

Callum
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Mon, 08 November 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I found coins aplenty when I ripped up my carpet, but they didn't seem to be located in any particular pattern. Maybe it really is a coincidence? Or maybe you're just losing your mind? Very Happy
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Mon, 08 November 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
losing the mind would be the simple explanation and i could go about my day happily knowing that.. but strategically placed coins.. hmmm.. freaky Rolling Eyes
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Tue, 09 November 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I WANT TO SEE PIX OF THE STARLET!!!!
Create a new thread though.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Tue, 09 November 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 04:18

At least it wasn't a nut tied to a string inside the door pillar. Seen that factory option more than once.

Please explain.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Tue, 09 November 2004 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 13:03

clubagreenie wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 04:18

Please explain.

Well you know how when you buy a business shirt it has a spare button stuck on it... this is for when one of your buttons inevitably falls off.
Holden do the same thing with their cars... when a strut bolt / crossmember bolt inevitably fall off due to poor engineering you can grab this spare nut and put your car back together!
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Tue, 09 November 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so its almost like the car manufacturer, EXPECTING that the car is going to fall apart..

wonder why alfa romeo didnt fill their boot with nuts and bolts then??
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Tue, 09 November 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found a swastika carved under the back seat of my brother's KE55... that car was purchased new Rolling Eyes
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Tue, 09 November 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 15:05

Holden do the same thing with their cars... when a strut bolt / crossmember bolt inevitably fall off due to poor engineering you can grab this spare nut and put your car back together!

Yeah, yeah, yeah....

Mind you, we actually have a term for it - "bonus parts" Rolling Eyes
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Tue, 09 November 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inertia wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 17:51

I found a swastika carved under the back seat of my brother's KE55... that car was purchased new Rolling Eyes

Wow, that's a bit freaky dude. Shocked Does he get around in ill-fitting button down shirts, tight blue jeans with braces and Cherry-Red Doc Martens? If so, it was probably him that did it.

As for the nut on a string.... For some reason I automatically thought of an acorn. Confused
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Tue, 09 November 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess you never know what other idiots have left inside your car when they've been pulling it apart and putting it back together, unless you've owned it since new.

I was helping a mate sand and bog the pontiac gto shell he'd just got, knocked out some half done bog in the firewall to redo, had a look in there and pulled out an empty old OLD style fosters can, from inside the firewall.

Turns out the guy he got the car off (his dad's mate) had left it there when he had stripped and rebuilt the car when he was young, 30 yrs ago. The 70's fosters can will be put back somewhere in the car, if he ever gets round to doing it...

As for the coins, i'm sure a shitload of coins end up under carpet in cars, guess you just got the 1 time it was same coin, same spot. Maybe its the natural point they'd eventually work down to?
sa65
Regular

August 2003
Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Tue, 09 November 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Umm, I know its not a supra, but I DID find a coin stuck to metal in my celica when I ripped up the carpet. I'm no expert in metallurgy but it was definately IN the metal, half in half out. Whether or not thats possible or not I dont know...

Some person musta dropped one when it was being cast...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Tue, 09 November 2004 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A lot of the XX's I've seen/pulled apart have had a coin under the carpet in some strategic spot, I used to remember where, was a pattern to it, but I can't remember now.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Tue, 09 November 2004 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok so it's not coins, but when I got my first car there were mint crisp $2 and $1 notes under the passenger seat, about $10 in total. I guess my granfather must've kept 'em there just in case...

Best not to mention the 2 year old eggs in the boot, fortunately they were still in one piece Wink
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Tue, 09 November 2004 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i remember reading from some forum that some dude imported a car from japan and when he cleaned out his boot, he found a jdm used condom. Laughing
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ADM MA61s.. Were the Staff At Toyota Superstitious?? Tue, 09 November 2004 22:16 Go to previous message
I found 2 pills...

mmm medication. Smiley =
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Stuffed wheel bearings?
Next Topic:AE92 - Putting Tacho in 4afe - Where is coil?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 1 20:19:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059609413146973 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.