Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » toyota rwd engines?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BIG guy
Occasional Poster

September 2004
toyota rwd engines? Mon, 08 November 2004 06:49 Go to next message
i can never seem to get a straight answer for this question.wat toyota engines came in rwd (4age 16v, 20v, ze)? and wat car did they come out in (im guessing mainly jap ones, but wat cuts can u get here)?

the one i kno for sure is the bigport 4age in the jap spec 86.

also how much trouble would it b puting a ca18de/t or sr20de/t into a ke70, ae71 or ae86?
  Send a private message to this user    
stark
Regular

August 2004
Re: toyota rwd engines? Mon, 08 November 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The bigport 4age also came in RWD with a t50 in the AA6X Celicas and Carinas.

Anoth RWD 4cyl that was around at that time was the 3TGTE available in the TA6X celicas carinas.

As for ca18 sr20 into those old school rwd toyotas yes they all fit with the easiest conversion probably being the ca18 into an ae86 as there is a kit available.
BIG guy
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: toyota rwd engines? Tue, 09 November 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool thanks. wat about any other of the 4age's? anyone else got any input
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: toyota rwd engines? Wed, 10 November 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1g-gte , 7mgte, 1jzgte, 2jzgte, are all rear wheel drive

im guessing all their n/a variants will also be rear wheel drive

all these came in the supra, soarer cars from 1985 onwards i think
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: toyota rwd engines? Wed, 10 November 2004 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2TG and 18RG both came out of (GT?) Celica's and a few other cars (TE71, TE72 (T-18) Corollas). Not Sure but the 22RG could be a RWD as well...
stark
Regular

August 2004
Re: toyota rwd engines? Wed, 10 November 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azrael wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 13:24

2TG and 18RG both came out of (GT?) Celica's and a few other cars (TE71, TE72 (T-18) Corollas). Not Sure but the 22RG could be a RWD as well...

Sorry mate no such thing as a 22rg.. THere is a 22re (2.4 litre single cammer) and an 18rg (2 litre twin cam) both are rwd...

and before you ask no you cant put the 18rg head on the 22r block... you can however swap the crankshaft from a 22r to an 18rg but is an involved process....
BIG guy
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: toyota rwd engines? Thu, 11 November 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the reply's guys. wat about in the way of the 4a series?
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: toyota rwd engines? Thu, 11 November 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can I ask why you ask?

As far as I know the only RWD 4A series motors came out in the AE71 Corolla, a particular model Celica (unsure of model no.) and the AE86. After the AE71, all corollas were FWD. The 20V 4AGE were only in FWDs, and same with the 4AGZE, although some were fitted to the AW11 which is RWD, however these are a midship RWDs and the motors are mounted in a FWD config.
BIG guy
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: toyota rwd engines? Thu, 11 November 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4ageeza - mainly just curious at wat options are around, as ive heard many different stories and have also seen a few sprinters with gze's and 20v's and wondering if there were any jap cars that i dunno about that came out with these in rwd
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: toyota rwd engines? Fri, 12 November 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BIG guy - don't stress about finding a 'RWD' motor. All FWD 4A series motors can be made to fit a RWD. Do a search and see whats involved, and yes ae86s with 4AGZE or 20V 4AGEs are FWD motors fitted for RWD.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: toyota rwd engines? Fri, 12 November 2004 02:39 Go to previous message
my AE71 uses a FWD engine.....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Need help with ABS & AIR-BAG light pls???
Next Topic:5MGE wiring diagram
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:44:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044279098510742 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.