Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
1GGTE turbo upgrade Sat, 06 November 2004 08:02 Go to next message
Hi,
Does anyone know what type of turbo's i can put on my 1GGTE (gen 3) with Wolf 3D EMS, thats better then the standard turbo's and easy to install?

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2004 13:44]

Send a private message to this user    
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Sat, 06 November 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gen 3 turbos?
jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Sat, 06 November 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't all 1GGTE's have CT12 turbo's?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Sat, 06 November 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gen3 turbos are a smidge bigger. If you're looking for a decent upgrade I'd look eleswhere.
jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Sun, 07 November 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so gen 3 turbo's will be a easy to do. But does anyone know what turbo's will get the best performances with the 1G. I have seen on the internet 1g-gte setup with to4, ct26, and vg30. But I have no idea which is best and works well with the 1G.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Sun, 07 November 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VG30 might work but the increases would be marginal. Don't bother with CT26. A late model BB T28 from a 200SX would be a nic budget upgrade, but a nice GT25 would be awesome. 200rwkw+ and boost response in some respects better than factory.
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Sun, 07 November 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you put in the Wolf 3d in your car yet..Curious to know how they good they work on a 1G
jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep. I installed the Wolf 3d v3 back in 2001. What version of Wolf you got?
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was going to put V4 in but worked out its not worth that much money as i am only going to keep the stock turbos...I just wanted to know if you got less lag with the worf and any benefits you noticed when u had it installed and tuned...
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 17:30

VG30 might work but the increases would be marginal. Don't bother with CT26. A late model BB T28 from a 200SX would be a nic budget upgrade, but a nice GT25 would be awesome. 200rwkw+ and boost response in some respects better than factory.

I thought the VG30DET turbos were one of the best stock turbos you could get for a decent price? I would have thought that a Highflow CT26 would be decent to make some power but probably a bit laggy.

What is the power goal for this car and what do you use it for?

interested to know about the Wolf as well as I am about to get mine fitted to my 1jz.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 14:09

I thought the VG30DET turbos were one of the best stock turbos you could get for a decent price?

It probably is, but it isn't going to be a huge upgrade over the CT12's. Sure, they're small, but there is two of them.

Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 14:09

I would have thought that a Highflow CT26 would be decent to make some power but probably a bit laggy.

After speaking to a couple of people who've put a CT26 on a 1G, I've come to the conclusion that they offer no power increase over twin CT12's, with a penalty in lag, and when highflowed for sure they'll make more power, but be laggier again.
jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My Soarer GZ10 1985 originally had a 1GGE in it. I decided to upgrade the motor to 1GGTE. I brought the motor, wiring loom (not one of those cleaned up ones), and OEM ECU. I saw the wiring loom it was a mess, thats when i decided to go with a Wolf. It took 6 weekends to wire it up (doesn't help when your colour blind). The stuffing around we had to do just to get the bloody thing to run. I think the new Wolf v4 can handle the 1GGTE with out customising the dizzy. Overall, yes there is more power so i have been told by my mate who works on these things, but a bit laggy still.

One more thing the car isn't limited to 180km. In the Northern Territory we don't have speed limits yet on the open road.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 November 2004 07:28]

jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i go the GT25 will i need to upgrade my injectors? I have the gen3. If so what will fit.

justcallmefrank wrote on Sun, 07 November 2004 16:00

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably, as far as I can tell the injectors are at their limits once you reach the 180-200rwkw mark. Thankfully, 7MGTE injectors are a straight fit replacement.
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about twin ct26's...or something similar seeing as they're relatively old..? either that or a single gt30 maybe..?

Also, what size are the 7mgte injectors?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
big JON wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 18:18

What about twin ct26's...or something similar seeing as they're relatively old..?

Whoa, can you imagine the power curve on that, it would be lucky to make full boost by 5-6000rpm! Some of the GT30's could be configured to work quite well, everything would be a compromise, if you are willing to sacrifice some bottom end you can get big power.
bstjunkie
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7mgte injectors are 440cc
jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anything bigger? Smile

bstjunkie wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 19:54

7mgte injectors are 440cc

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Multiplied by six, are you really going to need any more? How much power are you chasing?
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 20:52

big JON wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 18:18

What about twin ct26's...or something similar seeing as they're relatively old..?

Whoa, can you imagine the power curve on that, it would be lucky to make full boost by 5-6000rpm! Some of the GT30's could be configured to work quite well, everything would be a compromise, if you are willing to sacrifice some bottom end you can get big power.

Haha, just something that was suggested to me...it would be fair nuts tho if you could get it to spool up...

just out of interest aswell, what size are the standard 1g injectors? Aren't they only like ~200cc's?

Cheers, Jon
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About that, Gen3's are about 220cc.
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh cool. Cos ill be looking for bigger injectors soon...and someone told me that 1jz injectors fitted (see thread) they dont tho, so 7m injectors would be a good upgrade for now????

Jon
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What do you mean for now? If the 1G injectors can supply enough fuel for over 180rwkw, and the 7MGTE injectors are spot on double that, how much power could you be wanting?
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More to the fact that in a year or 2 that engine wont be in my car, hence for now...
jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there many different type of 7MGTE injectors?
i have seen black injectors. Any others? And what price would you pay for a set of 6?

[Updated on: Mon, 08 November 2004 21:25]

dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 08 November 2004 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
13bt injectors plug in also, they are 550cc, cant remember if they are series 5 or4 though, they use the same plug as a series 2 1g injector plug, and slip straight in like a finger up a bum Very Happy
jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Tue, 09 November 2004 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is $75 each for 7mgte injectors, way to much? Thats what one jap importer is selling them for?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Tue, 09 November 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anybody found the optimal turbo for the 1g ?
nothing too laggy but still give enough power ?
Also if i put in bigger injectors before upgrading the turbo's would this work ? would it net me any extra power ?
Thanks guys
jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Tue, 09 November 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just brought 18x 7MGTE injectors 440cc in good condition (no leaks/dripping) for my 1GGTE from Japan. When arrive 2-3 weeks i will be selling 12.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 November 2004 08:30]

jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Wed, 10 November 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are T3/T4 turbo's any good for 1GGTE?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Wed, 10 November 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 15:12

Also if i put in bigger injectors before upgrading the turbo's would this work ? would it net me any extra power ?
Thanks guys

ddeane has over 220rwkw and he claims lag is little if any different to stock. That is with a variant of a GT25, so that'd be pretty damn awesome to me.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Wed, 10 November 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do 6 220cc injectors spray enough fuel for 180-200rwkw? AFAIK for a 6 cylinder engine the amount of cc per injector basically equals the amount of flywheel hp they can support eg. i got 550cc injectors because I am looking for around 550flywheel hp.

220hp @ fly doesn't equal 200rwkw Smile

is this incorrect?
jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Wed, 10 November 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found a new GT28R for $1200. not sure if any good. GT28R compressor 60mm, 60 trim, 0.60 A/R. Turbine wh Dia 53mm, trim 62, A/R 0.64, type wastegated. HP 200-280, Displacement 1.6-2.5L.
I'm looking for 200+rwkw
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Wed, 10 November 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 11:42

how do 6 220cc injectors spray enough fuel for 180-200rwkw? AFAIK for a 6 cylinder engine the amount of cc per injector basically equals the amount of flywheel hp they can support eg. i got 550cc injectors because I am looking for around 550flywheel hp.

220hp @ fly doesn't equal 200rwkw Smile

is this incorrect?

I wouldn't have thought it was as simple as that, I was just basing it on the fact that above 180rwkw was where people started replacing the injectors.
jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Wed, 10 November 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm getting 7MGTE injectors.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2004 03:47]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Wed, 10 November 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 14:32

Mookie wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 15:12

Thanks guys

ddeane has over 220rwkw and he claims lag is little if any different to stock. That is with a variant of a GT25, so that'd be pretty damn awesome to me.

Thanks mate you cleared it up for me .
I'm really very new to turbos and all this talk about lag and things like that.

But does anybody know if u can have "too big" injectors ?
acmtt
Regular

March 2003
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Wed, 10 November 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do yourself a favour an don't put the injectors in until the dyno graph says you need them.

I put them in while my engine was out and had to remove them due to overfulleing. The car would not run over 4500 rpm. You will need a form of fuel managment as well.

I have a T04e coming soon, hoping to get a relaible 200rwkw from the 1G.
acmtt
Regular

March 2003
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Wed, 10 November 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW Chris, Ian B has a wolf running on his jzz Soarer, very happy with it! He is on the ALSC forum.
jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Wed, 10 November 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2004 12:11]

acmtt
Regular

March 2003
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Wed, 10 November 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEp , i should have read the start again...
Wolf 3d.

Then a GT25 would be fantastic, saw this link earlier for GT28's ($1190) they may do a good price on 25's as well.

http://www.buzzengines.com/content/index.htm

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2004 12:20]

jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Wed, 10 November 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What should i really be looking for in a turbo? I don't know very much about them. Embarassed I have seen GT25 and GT28R like on that site, but the HP is 200-280hp. And i have also found turbos with 380+hp like same T3/T4.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2004 13:44]

acmtt
Regular

March 2003
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Wed, 10 November 2004 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't claim to be an expert either.

The GT range of turbos are dual ceramic ball bearing, to promote earlier spooling. The hp rating is claimed at the flywheel, so expect a 30% loss to give your atw figure. Beware some sites claim different HP ratings to others so just double check. Its not just about the highest power produced, its more about where the power is produced in the rev range. If you can get a ballbearing turbo then its more likely to be early spooling. I think the T3/4 style are sleeve bearing. Nothing wrong with them, but they will spool later.
Hopefully someone else can add to this to help you pick the right turbo for your car.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Wed, 10 November 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acmtt wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 23:09

BTW Chris, Ian B has a wolf running on his jzz Soarer, very happy with it! He is on the ALSC forum.

thanks mate!
eakonee
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Fri, 12 November 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
racing turbo
(HKS or garret) T04E,T04R
(Blizt or KKK) K26,K27,K3T
(Greddy or Mitsubishi)TD06

standard Turbo
SR20(BB),RB25(BB)black fin,7M

[Updated on: Fri, 12 November 2004 10:29]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Sat, 13 November 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eakonee wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 21:27

racing turbo
(HKS or garret) T04E,T04R
(Blizt or KKK) K26,K27,K3T
(Greddy or Mitsubishi)TD06

standard Turbo
SR20(BB),RB25(BB)black fin,7M

A t04r or KKK K27 will be pretty damn laggy on a 1g. I chose not to get the t04r and one reason was too much lag on my 1jz (2.5L)

However, if is barely used on the street and only drag racing then I guess bigger is better Smile
jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Sat, 13 November 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The hole problem is that my brother's VR4 Mitsubishi (167awkw) with a TD05 , is kicking my ass.Embarassed So i'm looking for 200+rwkw with no lag to beat him. Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Sat, 13 November 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, as in Galant VR4? Good IC and exhaust with an aftermarket ECU, you should have enough of a weight advantage for the power to be a non issue. If someone can get 163rwkw from just an ECU, with a decent intercooler as well you should be able to put your car out of his reach Razz
jamesblack_gz10
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Sat, 13 November 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep. Galant. My CT12 need there seals done, so i don't run over 9psi. I would still kick ass on the highway, but not in town. Its take off kills me.

[Updated on: Sun, 14 November 2004 02:30]

acmtt
Regular

March 2003
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Sat, 13 November 2004 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gt25 sounds like a good option then. The earlier spooling the better, especailly when you are up against a awd!!
eakonee
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: 1GGTE turbo upgrade Mon, 15 November 2004 03:47 Go to previous message
A t04r or KKK K27 will be pretty damn laggy on a 1g.
I chose not to get the t04r and one reason was too much
lag on my 1jz (2.5L) ....

I'm sorry here we love BIG G. Embarassed
my friend use t04r(fin IHI)and small back side A/R 0.84
+ HKS cam..+ Mine ECU + TRD Clutch set + modify air flow
+ 1.6 HKS Gasket + light flywheel.
it bit lag.(I'm not sure if he done over from these.)
Good G and long boost But it broke already. Laughing
SR20 full modify use it too.
for K27 if you got new cam.. + his 3d wolf(over here
it so cool.)+and small back side that will a bit laggy
but got BIG G. Very Happy

For quick boost GT3540,SR20(BB)
(on standard engine condition.)

[Updated on: Mon, 15 November 2004 03:59]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Electronics wizards, please read this!!!
Next Topic:MR2 supercharger on a 22re
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 00:11:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084939002990723 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.