Toymods » The Outhouse » What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 07:08 Go to next message
Dont you just hate when you get home from work and you sit down and the phone rings, you dont want to get it but you do and its one of those anyoning customer ppl asking you all them questions
What do you say or do?

1. Swear
2. Say no
3. Hang up the phone
4. Give in
5. ??

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2004 07:09]

Send a private message to this user    
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a silent number for $2 /month then you get piece of mind...unless you filled out personal details on some survey/raffle/car giveaway then your on someones contact list....
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry but i'm busy right now, mind if I grab your home number & i'll call ya later? Wink
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had one 5 minutes ago

"would you like to take part in a survey on blah?"
"no, I'm studying right now for an exam"
"is there anyone else in the house who might like to participate"
"no"
"uuummmm...... thanks. beep, beep beep"

edit: unless they're gonna pay me, I'm not giving them my time (unless I'm bored anyway)

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2004 07:15]

mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just say "no thanks not interested" and hang up before they can reply. they wont call you back. even tho they are annoying as they are just doing their job, so i dont swear at them or any thing. one of my mates had a job doing this for CBA and he quit after a few months coz he was just sick of people yelling at him all day.

chris
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it depends if they are male or female.
if it's a chick we might talk to them who cares if u get a rejection ? it's a great chance to practice.
ae86_boy
Regular

August 2004
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just say that your not interested and hang up
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 19:04

if it's a chick we might talk to them who cares if u get a rejection ? it's a great chance to practice.

Practice?? They know ur home phone number and probably where u live as well if they check.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 19:54

Mookie wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 19:04

Practice?? They know ur home phone number and probably where u live as well if they check.
If they bother to check, then that means they're interested. Smile
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i participated in one coz they paid you $50 for about 45minutes Very Happy
otherwise i just say sorry not interested.

I wanna try the method in that cereal commercial with the microwave Very Happy
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i do this for a job, and we dont know where you live, just town/city sometimes, but all we have is a number.
and having a private number doesnt do shit if you give it out to companies, like im doing surveys atm on electricity, and i think we get the numbers from the electricity company.
if you dont want to do the survey, just say so. we do get some people skitzing out on the phone, but fuck em, what can they do? nothing, thats what.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me, on the other hand, can find out where any of you live from a phone number, even if it is silent Very Happy
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 21:33

me, on the other hand, can find out where any of you live from a phone number, even if it is silent Very Happy
You live in Epping, Sydney. I got that info without your phone number. I am teh winnar!
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 23:14

You live in Epping, Sydney. I got that info without your phone number. I am teh winnar!

and his name is Greg Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razz
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its a female, ask her if she wants to be pimped. simple theyll hang up. if its a guy tell him to blow u. simple solutions make life easier
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what if the guy is gay and takes u up on your offer then wont stop calling you!! think i just gave myself a nightmare!
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 23:45

Apollo wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 23:14

and his name is Greg Razz

all u stalkers!!
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing you'd better watch out ben...your next

j/k Razz
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 19:05

i participate in them and they pay me to go in and give them my opinion Very Happy

can't go wrong with that
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 01:39

dimmy77_03 wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 19:05

i participate in them and they pay me to go in and give them my opinion Very Happy

can't go wrong with that

damn straight Very Happy i got paid those $50 in 45minutes to look at car designs Very Happy
A mate of mine got paid $60 to smoke for 30minutes Laughing
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I forget that i know english.

Being a first generation aussie born european, i answer the phone, and when someone says something like " survey " or " a few minutes of your time " out comes myreally poor english.
" I not speaking english " in a european accent works very well.
They tend to hang up after a few seconds.
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like it when they ring up work i once had some woman on hold for half an hour.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you dont want to participate just politely refuse to. Why bother lying? "Its a product of fear" Razz

There is nothing gained to being rude.
In fact, when i was doing something similar i used to withhold who i was working for until they agreed to go ahead, because if they were rude and i was in a bad mood i'd sit there for 5 minutes ringing them constantly Smile

I think society needs to learn a bit more tolerance and understanding, i'm starting to think this more and more as i see some of the responses to threads on this and other forums :/
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Wed, 10 November 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I just tell them, "this is abusinees phone number you should not be calling it" every time so far i get " oh... sorry thank you for your time" "aah? *Beep Beep Beep*" Decond one is my favorite, always makes me giggle,
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Thu, 11 November 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"hey..sorry im busy right now, can i get your home number and ring you later when im not so busy?...no? oh i guess u dont want strangers ringing u while your home relaxing?..now you know how i feel *hang up*"
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Thu, 11 November 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eh
no point yelling at the person, they're just doing a job. the corporation is the thing you gotta get pissed at.
GZ20TT
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Thu, 11 November 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I call screen and $5 I pay a month for caller ID is worth every cent.

I've found that 99% of the telemarketers or survey people will have blocked their caller ID (shows up as XXXXXX) or come up as an international call.
One glance and I decide whether to take the call or ignore it and let it go through to voicemail - I'll then recheck in a bit to see if any message has been left.
The telmarketers never leave a message.

So it's no mess and no fuss - no stress to me and no yelling to the caller.

Frankie
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Thu, 11 November 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SilverGhost wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 18:12

get a silent number for $2 /month then you get piece of mind...unless you filled out personal details on some survey/raffle/car giveaway then your on someones contact list....

nott true there random so if you have a silet number u could still be called Razz
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Thu, 11 November 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just hate when your in the postion because they ask you with such kindness, and i hate rejecting ppl Razz
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Fri, 12 November 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magicmitch wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 10:54

"hey..sorry im busy right now, can i get your home number and ring you later when im not so busy?...no? oh i guess u dont want strangers ringing u while your home relaxing?..now you know how i feel *hang up*"

Thank you Jerry Seinfeld! Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Cyber-punk wrote

"because if they were rude and i was in a bad mood i'd sit there for 5 minutes ringing them constantly"

This is exactly the kind of behaviour that makes people rude when these companys call. You're not helping by doing that.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 November 2004 01:27]

bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Fri, 12 November 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 12:35

eh
no point yelling at the person, they're just doing a job. the corporation is the thing you gotta get pissed at.

actually, you should get pissed off at the copmany who hired the survey company. like the surveys i was doing were for an energy company, so they gave us their customers numbers (i presume) and we called them for surveys.

and i dont really care if you yell at or swear at us, it just makes things more interesting than "dont wanna do it mate"
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Fri, 12 November 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shoot wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 17:04

nott true there random so if you have a silet number u could still be called Razz

Actually, its not random. The reason you still get called is because your number is on a list floating around.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Fri, 12 November 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simple, dont say anything, just hang up...

never fails me, ever

EDIT:

Off topic here but the other day the mormons, or bible bashers or whoever the fuck they are came to our door and we have an intercom at the gate, my brother answered the intercom with yeah sure come right in and he let them in, i was like WTF! He had a massive grin on his face so i knew he was up to something, when they got to the back door he opened it and said no sorry we are not interested and slammed the door Laughing

I think it was the funniest idea he has ever had Laughing Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 12 November 2004 08:38]

shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Fri, 12 November 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 12:54

shoot wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 17:04

Actually, its not random. The reason you still get called is because your number is on a list floating around.

not were i used to work Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Fri, 12 November 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, odd Razz Doesn't seem like an efficient way to do it Razz
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Fri, 12 November 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best response I ever heard to a telemarketter was "And may I have your credit card number please? This call will be billed at $4.99 per minute." They don't tend to ring back. Smile

Of course, I only ever get these calls at work, since I don't have a home phone line. For some reason they're not too keen on telemarketting to a mobile. Smile
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Fri, 12 November 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a call today from some company saying i've been pre-selected and i can save $15/month on my phone bill coz im overpaying with optus Rolling Eyes get 100 free call and only make about 80-90/month with optus...

So he's going on about how good it is blah blah blah, obviously reading it off coz he's a newbie. So i ask him to send some info and i'll think about it, and he says "you must sign up over the phone sir"...pfff yeh right (this was after asking 3times for info to be sent)...so i just hung up Very Happy
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Fri, 12 November 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silent numbers dont do shit..i have a privet number... they still call whats the difference
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: What do you say to them anyoing pr*cks Sat, 13 November 2004 08:11 Go to previous message
Some of them sound really nice though..like not nice, but they are polite, those ones i always have a hard time being rude to them... i will just say no im not interested.. it just depends on how they act after you say no.. sometimes they are fine and just say thanks and go, the ones who keep pushing and pushing you, you end up just syaing NO and hanging up....the other scenario is when sometimes you cant even get a word in, they just launch into a massive speil and if you try to talk they just talk over you.... thats when you just hang up....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:msn messenger stuffed again??
Next Topic:posting and you
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 21:29:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007620096206665 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.