Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 01:56 Go to next message
I did a search anhd all the information i could find was on the part numbers for water pumps.

Two quick questions, how hard is it to change a waterpump?

What has to be removed for me to get to it, i.e. radiator, fan, etc?

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whatever is in your way Razz

its a bit of an ass to get at, almost get it off without pulling off the bottom plastic cover cept for one or two tiny bolts which requires you to remove the crank pulley.

You might be able to get away without doing that.

Havign said that, remove crank pulley, remove water pump pulley, remove plastic caseing, remove timing belt or losen and undo water pump.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh thats the person whos response i was after, cheers EJ, i did a search and it looked like you were going to do one, so it looks like crank pulley, plastic cover and pump it is, cheers man Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh how long did it take you to do it?
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.insertdomainnamehere.com/misc/gen3/gen3%20003.jpg
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr 1g guy at toyota told me not to use green coolant as it will ruin the water pump maybe thats why u haver o change it now always use the red toyota coolant

water pump looks like a bastard to get to the 1j ones are so easy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have had the motor in my car for 2000kms indian i dont think that I personally killed the water pump Rolling Eyes

However i am hoping to get the lot done on saturday so i guess that i might chuck in some toyota red while im at it Very Happy
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool mines running on red now was green before and toyota guy said to change to red when i went there for thermostat so i got the red coolant

btw how did u go with the thermo for the hilux i paid 37 dollars or so for my thermostat from bursons
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$10 sprints Very Happy

cant go wrong with staff discount Wink

i "might" get red, but i end up dropping coolant every 6 months anyway so i might just stick with the holden/mobil stuff i got
snail
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Water pump sits behind the timing belt. It will take you most of the day if you do it your self. Good idea to change the timing belt, cam and crank seals while your at it. Two reasons generally why pumps go. 1) Age...stuffed bearings 2) The belt has been over tightened which is common. Hope this helps Smile
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
george: whats torque of belt meant to be generally?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well timing belt was done 2000kms ago Rolling Eyes

and i need the car for sunday so i aint gonna have time to get seals so it looks like just the pump is the go for now
snail
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just saying generally Smile and eviljack when tensioned about 1 inch or so of play on the longest part. Depending on the condition of belt

[Updated on: Thu, 11 November 2004 04:27]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah no worries george...

thanks for the info Wink

hey off topic here but whats going on with your brothers single kit?

still available?
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 13:27

oh how long did it take you to do it?

took me a couple of days but it wasnt an urgent issue so did little bit at a time
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn that motor looks like mine?
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Thu, 11 November 2004 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yours now yea Cool
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Fri, 12 November 2004 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha have fun, oh and make sure you dont completly take of the timming belt cause you dont need to you can get around it.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1GGTE Waterpump Changeover Fri, 12 November 2004 07:04 Go to previous message
i am imagining that it will be a crapload easier in the engine bay of a GZ20 seeing they are a little bigger than the engine bay of a 22/23 celica so hopefully i can get the phucker done in a few hours, looks like ill be making my gasket tho Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1995 soarer 1jzgte pinout dash wiring diagram...
Next Topic:Door card/trim materials???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:19:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051820278167725 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.