Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » 5MGE engine , auto trans, ECU

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
5MGE engine , auto trans, ECU Sat, 06 November 2004 08:51 Go to next message
I have nearlly finished my 1JZ MX73 swap and have a 5MGE for sale. Has done nearlly 200,000kms, comes with auto trans, ECU, and wiring loom. Engine is in ok condition, but would be more suitable for someone wanting to rebuild it.

It has been sitting in my backyard covered up from the weather for about 4 months while the engine swap is being done, so Im not sure if the seals would need to be done, probably worth it.

Was looking for about $600, open to offers.
  Send a private message to this user    
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: 5MGE engine , auto trans, ECU Sat, 06 November 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in country SA
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: 5MGE engine , auto trans, ECU Sun, 07 November 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone interested?? make an offer

I might look at selling the ECU seperately
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: 5MGE engine , auto trans, ECU Sun, 07 November 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you say "would suit rebuild", why, was it using oil, smokey, noisy, ...?
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: 5MGE engine , auto trans, ECU Sun, 07 November 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Overall the engine is a bit worn-out, and could do with a rebuild. Originally it leaked a tiny bit of oil but new seals and a bottle of anti-leak transmission oil fixed that.
$300 plus postage anyone?
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: 5MGE engine , auto trans, ECU Thu, 11 November 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ECU has been sold. Anybody want to make an offer for the engine and transmission, just want to get rid of it to make some cash to put back into the 1JZ Smile
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: 5MGE engine , auto trans, ECU Thu, 18 November 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would have bought it with the computer.... My 5me Scored the bore and i am trying to find a new block, my heads in perfect condition. It just occured to me though that i could put my head on your block but i dont want to spend that much money for just a block. All this is assuming my standard 5me computer cant run the 5mge, if it can then i'd take it. If you know if your block is in perfect condition and just needs rings and maybe bearings, then i would be interested for sure. Let me know when you get this, thanks.

Andre
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: 5MGE engine , auto trans, ECU Thu, 18 November 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, no problems. I think the block is in great condition, the only parts that were starting to wear are the cams. And if your still interested, you should be able to find a 5M-GE ECU for under $40, I can help you look for one if you'd like?

I'll get back to you, just got PM Razz
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 5MGE engine , auto trans, ECU Thu, 18 November 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[TOYROTA

wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 18:12]i would have bought it with the computer.... My 5me Scored the bore and i am trying to find a new block, my heads in perfect condition. It just occured to me though that i could put my head on your block but i dont want to spend that much money for just a block. All this is assuming my standard 5me computer cant run the 5mge, if it can then i'd take it. If you know if your block is in perfect condition and just needs rings and maybe bearings, then i would be interested for sure. Let me know when you get this, thanks.

Andre

5me ecu will run the 5mge
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 5MGE engine , auto trans, ECU Wed, 22 December 2004 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 15:52

[TOYROTA

wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 18:12]i would have bought it with the computer.... My 5me Scored the bore and i am trying to find a new block, my heads in perfect condition. It just occured to me though that i could put my head on your block but i dont want to spend that much money for just a block. All this is assuming my standard 5me computer cant run the 5mge, if it can then i'd take it. If you know if your block is in perfect condition and just needs rings and maybe bearings, then i would be interested for sure. Let me know when you get this, thanks.

Andre

5me ecu will run the 5mge

... at about 30hp less than what its supposed to be.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 5MGE engine , auto trans, ECU Wed, 22 December 2004 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
erm ok then. Rolling Eyes
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: 5MGE engine , auto trans, ECU Thu, 23 December 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone interested? Need to get rid of it and make some money to pay for XMAS presents Very Happy
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 5MGE engine , auto trans, ECU Thu, 23 December 2004 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Thu, 23 December 2004 04:24

erm ok then. Rolling Eyes

i know because the prick who swapped the 5MGE into my ADM MA61 before i bought it didnt change the darn ECU to the JDM one Sad
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 5MGE engine , auto trans, ECU Fri, 24 December 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i still cant believe that will cost 30hp.
i run a 5me ecu and it runs just fine.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 5MGE engine , auto trans, ECU Fri, 24 December 2004 15:32 Go to previous message
its about 20-30 apparently.. thats what i was told..

not sure what from though, ive heard its something to do with the SOHC vs DOHC thing though
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AG turbo manifold
Next Topic:T50/TRD quickshift/EXEDY HVY. Duty clutch
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 23:22:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005547046661377 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.