Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » NO MORE LRP???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 11:45 Go to next message
got this letter from safeway saying that lrp will no longer be avilable or someshit, can i run my 4ac on unleaded Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you run your 4ac on leaded?

i always ran mine on unleaded
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, I run my 5k on leaded then unleaded then leaded again. I suppose it may be more unleaded than leaded soon.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought 4a-c is unleaded Surprised
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know someone who runs his 4ac on super... and im about to put a 4ac into a sprinter which is running on... i dont know but ill force it to use unleaded Evil or Very Mad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can always get like valve-lube or something like that
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy where have u been bro...

old cars tend to drink LRP or super etc.. damn cost a bit too..

but when i got my first 86, the owner told me that u can get this engine tuned to drink and run fine on unleaded..

do know if this is true..
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah coz when my ae82 was stock as a rock, it had a 4a-c, and said to only use unleaded...
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used lrp for ages... then realised i could use unleaded... lol

on a 4ac... so yes... you can no worries
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what i know from an 4 ac is that its hard to kill even when youre trashing it, as i did in mine, and only showing a slight leaks of oil and still running fine. try LRP now!! before its too late!!.. see what your 4ac can do!!!
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah u can also use unleaded but your car wont go as good or fast..

take it this way:

when youre a kid...

drink cold water.
-or-
drink cold water with red cordial in it.

^_^
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a 4ac can go fast???

HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME???

i better switch back to LRP so i can go fast in my 4ac Rolling Eyes
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shiri im just sayin.. lrp make the engine work to the fullest not entirely fast!!

hahaha well it did go fast against a 323 1979 mazda..

unleaded on the otherhand somehow i feel a lag when i drive it.. and needs lots of gassing on pedals to drive off from a stop.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd rather save 2 bucks a litre and put it towards my 4age fund then spend another 2 bucks to have a UNNOTICABLE (i didn't notice the change) difference in 1.6 carby "performance"...
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but how long will it take to get a 4age at that rate?

but really guys, before LRP is gone for good let your lil 4ac's have a taste of the LRP. coz this could be our last chance of seeing that name on the petrol stations..

then tell your kids about the LRP..

*When i was young with my 86 and fed it with this thing called Lrp~......
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there has been no lead in petrol for a while now..
LRP (from Shell) has manganese compounds instead of lead, which is also unsuitable for cats and O2 sensors.

toyota cars from (at least) 1967 corollas can use unleaded.

unleaded at 91 octane sucks hairy dog balls...

only reason to run LRP is the 96 octane.. why not just use 98?
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 00:35

unleaded at 91 octane sucks hairy dog balls...

I agree gree....
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LRP is evil shit for your engine, you are much better running unleaded and flash lube at the correct mixture.

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WANTED_AE86 wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 23:48

yeah u can also use unleaded but your car wont go as good or fast..

take it this way:

when youre a kid...

drink cold water.
-or-
drink cold water with red cordial in it.

^_^

yeh that may be true, 4ac is still gutless...

did the gze conversion and used premium Very Happy
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lets put it this way...

we can make the "No More LRP" thing as an excuse to have a 4Age conversion...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 11 November 2004 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NO, almost all (if not all) toyota motors are fine with unleaded. if they have an alloy head, then they have hardened valve seats..

leaded was only really needed with cars with cast iron heads and integral seats, or cars with shitty soft valve seats
Anthony55
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Fri, 12 November 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a tercel I think it was a 3A-c engine the 1.5 model. I remember I found this artical that said you could run it on unleaded but you had to back the timing off or it would ping unless you ran it on premium. I even tested this and found that this is was the case.
BTW my friend still has the tercel (he bought it off me) and it still runs. Great little bush basher he runs it on premium,
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: NO MORE LRP??? Fri, 12 November 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
use moonshine
its cheap
and when you're bored you can siphon your tank and have a one man party
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Fri, 12 November 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im going green
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/ToyotaPrius/Images/HybridSystem-med.jpg
http://kildare.ie/knn/priusengine.jpg
prius crap engine specs:
1.5L VVTi
53Kw 115Nm
4.6l/100km Shocked

i give toyota 3weeks before they make the 100kw dohc version
then 2more weeks before they make the 20v dohc version
then like 3 more weeks before they make the supercharge version
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Fri, 12 November 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?news/ae_news_story.p hp?id=51666

Turbo lithium-ion Prius! ZOMFG! Use the power unit out of one of these babies and you get a whopping 50% more power... yihah.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Fri, 12 November 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2x the power = 2x more fuel consumption?
so thas like 9.2l at like 100kw
bah might as well get a small port 4age Confused
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Mon, 15 November 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 3k and 4k motors can run on unleaded as they have hardened valve seats (possibly older motors too, i'm not sure)

HOWEVER

LRP is around 95-96 RON, whereas ULP is 91, ,so your car may start to ping or at least be more sluggish and less fuel efficient on ULP

I run both my cars (Ke36 (4k) and starion turbo which used super from factory) on optimax which is 98 RON (also mobil 8000 and bp ultimate).

If you don't wanna spend that much, then normal PULP (95 ron) is fine too
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Mon, 15 November 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea my old ke70 was on unleaded
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Tue, 16 November 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought LRP today Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hooray...at least I won't need to use that lube crap yet Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Tue, 16 November 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I bought some Bp ultim ate today I couldn't give two shits how much it cost cos as long as my car runs better on it I'll use it. I got better fuel economy out of it my best figures yet 13.5l pere 100km. I generally use lrp or ultimate etc have never used unleaded on the rona. My car already has hardened valve seats and I thoguht the 4ac would too so it shouldn't matter about the lube just the octane rating of the petrol. in the owners manaul for the rona it claims to use a minimum of 97 ron thus whenever I can i use 98ron fuel, the car is more responsive and much more efficiient than when on lrp it starts using 15-18L per 100km
Read an article about them phasing out lrp couple of months ago. The oil companies claim it is too expensive to manufacturer lrp for the limited market and thus will just produce premium unleaded and ppl can buy the lube.
My bro was saying the other day that premium will be soon known as unleaded plus and will become basic fuel and 98 ron fuels will now be premium unleaded anyone else heard about this. 91 ron will still exist just as plain unleaded
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Tue, 16 November 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 16 November 2004 12:49

My bro was saying the other day that premium will be soon known as unleaded

Um... it already is. Confused
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: NO MORE LRP??? Tue, 16 November 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 16 November 2004 10:49

My bro was saying the other day that premium will be soon known as unleaded plus

Quote the whole lot if you're going to dude Razz
Cradle
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Wed, 17 November 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw this thread and thought this might be interesting. http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/gallery/BP%20 Fuel.pdf
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: NO MORE LRP??? Wed, 17 November 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you wanna go green? there are some serious elec motors around... imagine having a 100kw electric motor AT EACH CORNER!!! 400kW AT THE WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!! you may need to run for a while to charge the batts before each squirt, but oh my would it be fun Smile
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: NO MORE LRP??? Wed, 17 November 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
74gt wrote on Tue, 16 November 2004 12:40

I bought LRP today Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hooray...at least I won't need to use that lube crap yet Very Happy

you would not beleive how many customers i have had come into work with engine trouble from useing LRP (running rough etc), they buy some flash lube and change to unleaded and next time i see em their engine is running much better.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Wed, 17 November 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a 4A-C in my ae92 and when you pop the lid to fill up it has a sticker saying

UNLEADED FUEL ONLY
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Wed, 17 November 2004 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae92 with a 4ac? or 4afc?
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: NO MORE LRP??? Thu, 18 November 2004 17:18 Go to previous message
yeh, u can use unleaded in old toyotas, but for f#cks sake go and buy a catalytic converter, pollution is rampant enough as is without every shitty old car running crapper fuel and filling the air with even more lovely carcinogenic chemicals than we already have to breath, hmmm i wonder why cancer rates have risen so nuch......
but hey, the responses im going to get are : it costs too much to get a cat for my crappy old car, id rather buy some new guages or other rice. and the other response will be man thats gonna suck the killowats out of my car. but guess what if you have 50 or 57 kilowats your still only going o be able to pick up the shopping.
every conversion i have done i have used at least 1 cat, i even had 2 on one of my 1Js, although the pollution standards of the year dont require it. I use them because i am not a selfish bastard, and its terible for the drivers health.

Laughing my hippie side was going to make a break for freedom at one point or another Laughing but seriously, i mean it bungholes Twisted Evil
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Replacing Windscreen Seal Cover
Next Topic:Toyota Pictures
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 00:37:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071578025817871 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.