Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Thu, 11 November 2004 09:29 Go to next message
this was in a local paper
NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights
Motorists wanting to drive fast without getting fined or locked up for speeding, now have a safe location to test their cars performance. Management at Sydney’s Eastern Creek Raceway are making the race circuit available to licensed drivers in road-registered cars. No speed limits exist. Drivers can lap the track as fast as they wish.

NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS are being conducted at Eastern Creek Raceway from 5pm till 8pm on the Friday evenings of November 19, December 10, 2004 and in the New Year, on January 21, 2005.

Responsible enthusiasts now have the opportunity to enjoy the power of their cars in a safe controlled environment. Drivers must hold a full drivers licence (no P plates) and be over 18 years of age, cars must be registered and road worthy. A limit of thirty cars are on track in each 20-minute session. Drivers get a minimum of 3 x 20 minute sessions.

Overtaking is only permitted on the main straight.

At sign on, drivers are issued with a set of rules and regulations.

Booking Are Essential

What: No Speed Limit Twilight Drive Nights
When: 5pm Friday 19 November 2004
5pm Friday 10 December 2004
5pm Friday 21 January 2005
Where: Eastern Creek Raceway
Cost per Night: $75 (Incl GST) Non CAMS Licence.
$55 (Incl. GST) CAMS Licence.

Regulations:

Drivers must be at least 18 years of age and require Full Drivers Licence (no P plates)
Cars must be registered and road worthy
Approved crash helmet must be worn along with a non-synthetic long sleeve shirt, long pants and enclosed shoes.
An indemnity document is to be signed.
Licences and Registration stickers must be sited on the night.
LIMITED NUMBERS AVAILABLE – Bookings are essential
http://www.eastern-creek-raceway.com/pdf/Drive_Nig ht_BookingForm.pdf
so let me know if u r going 2 go.
  Send a private message to this user    
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Thu, 11 November 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Posted a reply in general talk. Interested in the 21st January.

Anyone know where I could get/borrow an approved crash helmet? I'm guessing ye old stackhat won't meet the approved standards. Would a motorbike helmet be up to the task? If so I can get one of these quite easily.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 November 2004 10:33]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Thu, 11 November 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in for the 21st of January!

(I hope my cars finished by then)
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Fri, 12 November 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested!
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Fri, 12 November 2004 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would love to go but i have to get the car running nicely in time and that ain't going to happen with out some help.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Fri, 12 November 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate with 1JZ MA61 will be going so i might take the fourbie as support vehicle...

anyone wanna chip in for support vehicle parking cost for a place to stash their tools/jacks/spares?
turbosupra
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Fri, 12 November 2004 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah...if i can get some sway bars fitted to my Supra...I would love to take it for a wrap around the track...January sounds good.

If anyone goes to the other 2 nights let us know how it was to give us some incouragement to go in January.
turbosupra
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Fri, 12 November 2004 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 15:19

my mate with 1JZ MA61 will be going so i might take the fourbie as support vehicle...

anyone wanna chip in for support vehicle parking cost for a place to stash their tools/jacks/spares?

Maybe we can meet up so we could have a MA61 group to go there...see if we can get others to join too.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Sat, 13 November 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im there on jan 21 for sure Evil or Very Mad
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Sat, 13 November 2004 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in for 21st Jan.

My brakes are now working, I should have new springs. Cool

I think some people might get annoyed at not be able to pass me except on the straight. Embarassed Razz

Are we able to prebook or is in 1st in best dressed.

If anyone wants to store spare/excess weight stuff from their cars, I only live about 5 mins away from the track, so that may be an option.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Sat, 13 November 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nooooooooo this is why P's suck Crying or Very Sad It should be no red P's fark by the time you are on your greens you have been driving for 2 years already!
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Sun, 14 November 2004 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested and might be down for the 21/1/05 event. Depends on if the RAV is up to it and how my spendings account is feeling at the time. Razz
SX_UL8R
Regular

October 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Mon, 15 November 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it free to spectate??? i might go down in december...
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Wed, 17 November 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puzzle man wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 20:29

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes That kinda sucks.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Wed, 17 November 2004 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Who's going down tomorrow nite? I mite head down after work & have a look,
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Wed, 17 November 2004 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i heard it got called off

best to ring EC and check
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Thu, 18 November 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll attend the January one! Smile Celica will be back on the road then and will try and convince Meg to bring the AE86 out.
turbosupra
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Thu, 18 November 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Wed, 17 November 2004 21:41

I don't think it sucks...cause you don't want shit drivers with fast cars thinking they are "schumaker", trying to overtake you on the corner, then ramming into you because they didn't judge the corner correctly.

To keep you and your car safe I think it is a good rule, cause ur there to test your car on the track not to win a race.

I don't know how good a driver you are, but have you tried overtaking someone on a corner? It's not easy, espcially at the speed you will be doing there.

I reckon we are gonna see alot of cars come of the track at the first corner after the straight...hehe...
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Thu, 18 November 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turbosupra wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 12:18

AE86slut wrote on Wed, 17 November 2004 21:41

I don't think it sucks...cause you don't want shit drivers with fast cars thinking they are "schumaker", trying to overtake you on the corner, then ramming into you because they didn't judge the corner correctly.

To keep you and your car safe I think it is a good rule, cause ur there to test your car on the track not to win a race.

I don't know how good a driver you are, but have you tried overtaking someone on a corner? It's not easy, espcially at the speed you will be doing there.

I reckon we are gonna see alot of cars come of the track at the first corner after the straight...hehe...

The reason why i think it sucks is because I don't fancy getting stuck behind someone who is very inexperienced and just out there to have a go for the whole length of the track. I don't have anything against anyone like this and think it's great, but I'm sure there are many places that are safe to overtake at EC that are not corners.

And yes, I have overtaken on corners and you are right, it's not easy, but as long as the other person knows you are there and has some idea of etiquette, it's not really a problem. I reckon if they let you do it at Wakefield, which is a much smaller track, they should let you do it at EC.

Anyways, I thought I heard something about a person dying out there last week or the week before in a road car. Not sure if it was an open track day, but if it's the case, that's probably why they cancelled it. I remember thinking when I heard it "oh well, there goes the no speed limit days!"....
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Thu, 18 November 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think no overtaking is a good idea also. Last time I was at Wakefield no one attempted to overtake each other only on the straight.

But i see your point it sucks being stuck being someone taking it really easy..

But I suppose thats what open/practice days are all about. Big mix of skills out on the track and some laps you'll probably get to go the speed you want and others you'll be behind someone, and on the other side of things, sometimes you'll probably be the one holding someone else up.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Thu, 18 November 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 12:53

sometimes you'll probably be the one holding someone else up.

In that case I would pull over a bit and wave them past..... Even if it's not allowed, it's just courtesy. There is PLENTY of room for someone to do a quick overtake at EC, if both cars knew what was going on.
shaneblack
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Thu, 18 November 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree, I think that if you can pull over and wave someone past it allows those with the faster cars and/or better driver skills to get past and have their monies worth, it'd suck being stuck behind someone and loose a whole lap, and I'd feel pretty slack if it was me slowing someone down. I also think there's a strong likelihood that if I took my Camry out there I'd be the person slowing people down many times.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Thu, 18 November 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try doing it with the lack of power I've got.

I'm going to be passed by so many down the straight, I just hope I don't catch up during the lap Razz
Fieryisles
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Thu, 18 November 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would definately be interested in taking my car out on the track in january if we can get a group going :)
turbosupra
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Fri, 19 November 2004 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah...I know you guys would wave me past when over take you...haha

I'm just worried about those shit drivers that you see on the road sometimes...

Example: 3 lanes, left lane empty, took the left lane, floored it down, then some dickhead jumps out in front of me and drives around 50km/h in a 70 zone. How much times has that happened to you???

Could you imagine these guys letting loose on the track??? No road rules???

But guys is it really canceled? NOOOOO!!!

turbosupra
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Fri, 19 November 2004 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 13:01

TurboRA28 wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 12:53

sometimes you'll probably be the one holding someone else up.

In that case I would pull over a bit and wave them past..... Even if it's not allowed, it's just courtesy. There is PLENTY of room for someone to do a quick overtake at EC, if both cars knew what was going on.

I think that waving past thing is a really good idea...if this thing ends up happening thats what I'll be doing. Onya slut.
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Tue, 23 November 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 21:27

Anyone know where I could get/borrow an approved crash helmet? I'm guessing ye old stackhat won't meet the approved standards. Would a motorbike helmet be up to the task? If so I can get one of these quite easily.

Go to a motorbike store and pick up a cheapy... i got mu open face one for 60 buck plus 3 bucks for the girl in a gstring sticker on the side Smile though remember 60 bucks protection is not the same as a 1000 dollar Bell helmet
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Tue, 23 November 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys its been cancelled
they had this to say

"I just called the Dept. of Sport and Rec. and it seems that following on from the coronial inquest and the death of Todd Wilkes the Coroner has asked the Dept. to investigate all drive and ride days. The ARDC were unable to get a CAMS permit for these events (and therefore the public liability insurance that goes with it) hence the cancellation."
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Tue, 23 November 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SORRY 2 GET EVERY 1S HOPES UP SORRY
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Tue, 23 November 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sucks!!!
Just because todd wilkes forgot to take his foot off the gas, we have to suffer all of this public liability BULLSHIT!

(Oh Im gonna get flamed now....) Twisted Evil
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Tue, 23 November 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not going to flame you as such, because you are partially right.
Mind you I also think of these idiot people who put uber power in their cars but don't make the brakes & suspension match.

Their was a fair bit of organiser blame as well. I mean who would run a top speed event like that facing to a concrete wall with a braking area on a drag strip burnout pad Rolling Eyes Razz

I was surprised it was going to happen in the first place considering the insurance & CAMS issues.

I'd suggest we keep an eye out for the next Wakefield No Speed Limit day instead. Very Happy
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Wed, 24 November 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 22:25

that sucks!!!
Just because todd wilkes forgot to take his foot off the gas, we have to suffer all of this public liability BULLSHIT!

(Oh Im gonna get flamed now....) Twisted Evil

You are a moron. Maybe you should get your facts right before opening your big trap and saying shit like that. I don't know the guy or anything but still have some sort of respect. No No No

run along and go play some more Need For Speed Underground and get your 'foot on the gas'.... Rolling Eyes
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Wed, 24 November 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mx83toy wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 15:00

Conquest wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 21:27

Go to a motorbike store and pick up a cheapy... i got mu open face one for 60 buck plus 3 bucks for the girl in a gstring sticker on the side Smile though remember 60 bucks protection is not the same as a 1000 dollar Bell helmet

Thanks for the suggestion, might buy one anyway (regardless of this event being cancelled).
schmitt
Regular

February 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Wed, 24 November 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey rvrolla you should get your facts right. it was proven during the inquiry into his death that he actually up shifted and kept accelerating across the finish line. i know this cause i know alot of people at the ardc. it was also proven that it was his fault cause he wasn't running sufficent brakes for the power of his car. now i am not saying that the event was run in the best possible manner but i am sick of people flaming others when even they are talking shit.

ok rant over Evil or Very Mad
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Thu, 25 November 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoever's fault it was, show some respect.

He was a car nut like the rest of us and did some crazy shit to cars that a lot of us would dream about.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: NO SPEED LIMIT Twilight Drive Nights @ eastern creek raceway Thu, 25 November 2004 12:39 Go to previous message
Don't get me wrong, his car was awesome but I dont understand why anyone would consider a top speed challenge in that direction on a racetrack to be safe.
At every racing event you sign a disclaimer stating that MOTORSPORT IS DANGEROUS. Most people are unable to realise the fact that if you increase the cars power you also need some decent brakes. I would also say that the organisers should have allowed a practice run as they only allowed competitors one chance at making a run.

Another reason I think what Todd did was foolish was not knowing the limits. Even on a race track there are limits and you are still not invincible.

It is a shame that a death such as this has caused such an increase in premiums for public liability insurance.

I am sorry if I offended anyone

[Updated on: Thu, 25 November 2004 12:41]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:[NSW] Driftland off street drift 26th
Next Topic:SOARER CRUISES ...ANY ON ...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:13:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071201324462891 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.