Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday *FREE LIKE A BIRD!!*

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday *FREE LIKE A BIRD!!* Thu, 11 November 2004 23:57 Go to next message
I need pictures of intersections (interstate particularly) where there are either:

"No U-Turn" Sign

OR

"U-Turn Permitted" Sign

if anyone has been to court and has some pointers for me that would be MUCH appreciated also!

Thanks heaps

Rob Smile

you could email pics to rob@hyperstudy.com if you can't host them here. I just need to show examples of how I might have been confused at the particular intersection I was at.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 November 2004 04:07]

Send a private message to this user    
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can honestly say I've never seen a u turn permitted sign. Where was the infringement? Maybe try the rta website for examples.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trust me there are u-turn permitted signs, and LOTS in Queensland.. but I don't have any piccies of them

there infringement was here in NSW, but these laws are now national (the ones I got fined for)
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the rta road users handbook there is an example of every sign I can think of excemp u turn allowed. I'm guessing you can't get back to the scene before monday.

What's your basis of contestation(?) that it said u turn allowed or that there was no no u turn sign?

As for advice for court you really should have some piccies of the scene at least.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I am taking piccies of the scene on Sunday

no, u-turns are strictly never allowed at intersections anywhere in NSW, however I got my Ls in tassie where, like a number of states, u-turns are often allowed at intersections.

yet, the laws were changed in 1999 and I cannot now please inconsistent and unclear laws adding to my confusion regarding the implementation of this policy.

so I just need some pictures of examples around the country which led to my inadvertant tresspass of the high-and-mighty letter of the law.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
photoshop Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

photoshop

heheheheh lol, you know I was having a little laugh to myself today thinking of that as I was driving around, but then they will ask "what intersection is this" and I will be like "err.. its... in... uh.. bourke..." lol

no but seriously, if anybody has some that would be soooo helpful
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I think of any I'll take a picture for you. I can't recall seeing any of them on my travels...except for Tassie Razz
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks dude yeah I really need some piccies from tassie!
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They have those signs in Melbourne... but I can't recall where one is. Confused
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

They have those signs in Melbourne... but I can't recall where one is.

well dude if you are driving around and see one do you think you might be able to mail me a pictures perhaps maybe please? Smile

btw.. howz da BHG dude that sux?
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there 1 near me and cassie i will get it 2 day
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think theres own down the road, ill take a pic of it (when its not busy) but this is in melb Confused
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 13:24

They have those signs in Melbourne... but I can't recall where one is. Confused

I'm sure there's a few in Melbourne, saved me a couple of times when I went the wrong way 'cause I just did a quick u-turn at the next available intersection. Btw this was in 2000/01...
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see "U turn permitted" and "no U turn allowed" signs around the place.

WTF is the law in Victoria? You say this is a national law now? I thought U turns where allowed as long as there wasn't a sign saying "no U turn".

There is even an intersection near me where there is a big sign saying "U turn gives way to all other traffic", but no sign saying "U turn permitted". Confused
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations/downloa ds/p4.pdf

Point 40

Quote:

40 Making a U–turn at an intersection with traffic lights
A driver must not make a U–turn at an intersection with traffic
lights unless there is a U–turn permitted sign at the
intersection.

was there a "uturn permitted" sign at the intersection ? nope then i hate to say it but i dont like the chance of getting off it.

but read that doc it has the rules re uturns near the end.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here u go rob what did u do or get busted doing?
NO U TURN
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/727000-727999/727141_3_full.jpg

U TURN PERMITTED
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/727000-727999/727141_2_full.jpg

AND HOW MANY SINGS CAN U FIT ON A SET OF LIGHTS?
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/727000-727999/727141_1_full.jpg
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Puzzleman thankyou SO MUCH

dude you have NO idea how much I appreciate that - looks like cardomain is making an appearance at Parramatta court! Very Happy

toof, yes I have read all the documentation.. the laws were changed in 1999

what suburb was those street lights in?
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 1 with no u turn is hoxton park rd & hill rd lurnea the U TURN PERMITTED is on hoxton park rd out side red roster (next set up)
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 12 November 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hhaha that pic reminds me of a bit of road between geelong and ballarat theres liturally 20 signs right near each other.
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Sat, 13 November 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just got back from a driving holiday to Melbourne, I love the intersections! U-Turns available everywhere! (well, in Geelong and Gladstone Park anyway). Sure kicks the stupid NSW "No U-Turn Permitted" signs in the arse, I think that sign Puzzle Man put up is the only "U-Turn Permitted" sign in NSW.

PS: While I love Melbourne, it took a good 15 mins with the Melways to get the idea of Hook Turns Confused

[Updated on: Sat, 13 November 2004 04:35]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Sat, 13 November 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I avoid hook-turn intersections like the PLAGUE!

hey you don't have any piccies of the intersections do you? lol heheh stupid court.. I so don't want to go lol
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Sat, 13 November 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have u got a lawyer bro....?
thats prolly already been covered, i just skimmed the thread. court isnt too bad, but i pleaded guilty to my offences so it was pretty straight forward. just relax
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Sat, 13 November 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no I don't have a lawyer dude Sad

I don't even have enough dosh to get my car registered next week

yeah I am pleading guilty too
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Sun, 14 November 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok off to court in parra tomoz morning first thing!

wish my luck fellas!

Craig.. or Cassie Smile THANK YOU those photos are lifesavers, seriously

will let you all know how it goes

edit: Embarassed wrong name

[Updated on: Mon, 15 November 2004 05:25]

Little Miss Naughty
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Sun, 14 November 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck with it dude, hope everything works out good for you! Smile
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Sun, 14 November 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry i never saw this earlier
i just went to court on wednesday fir my case

BRING PPL WITH YOU, and get a legal aid on the day their usually standing around and their free...i think u can just ask for one
but bring ppl, ur legal aid will say "this person has went out of their way to take the day off work to see their friend/family etc in court because of their love etc etc"
dress nice and neat...and do ur hair with gel if u can
sit up straight in a good posture
smile only wen spoken to
make eye contact to judge wen getting prosecuted

Oh and bow wen entering and leaving a court room always, no matter how mnay times u go in and out u HAVE TO BOW.

Check out the person who uses the typewriter sitting a few meters to the left or right of judge, its usually a chick and shes usually alright Wink

hope it helps

-Choony
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Sun, 14 November 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the "bow" when entering is not required - judges expect laypeople not to know this. a slight bend of the neck is all that's usually required.

Dress will get you so far, but if you dont have a leg to stand on to begin with, you're screwed anyhow (and rob doesn't exactly look like a thug)
I turned up, dressed totally in black with long black hair. if you're a good public speaker/confidant, it'll help too - nothing worse than coming across as if you're not sure yourself... how will the magistrate be sure? Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Mon, 15 November 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys!

case was dismissed under section 10 (whatever that is) as my first, and only warning. no fine or loss of points, but it does go on my record

I am SOO relieved

it was scary, but the judge was fair, this one lady ccame in all like attitude and just really no logical reason for her being there and he increased her fines! ouch!

but yeah, no conviction no fines, very happy

thanks for all your help
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday *FREE LIKE A BIRD!!* Mon, 15 November 2004 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congratulations, and ur welcome. Just to let you know tho, it's Cassie not Candice. But that's ok Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday *FREE LIKE A BIRD!!* Mon, 15 November 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah CRAP I knew that! sorry Cassie Embarassed

thanks for your help!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Mon, 15 November 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good stuff rob Smile

the best part of the day is always the people who seem to want to argue for the sake of arguing, have no valid reason, then wonder why the judge just dumps a heavier fine + court costs on them Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Mon, 15 November 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx greg

yeah, this lady had NO idea.. she was all like, "I want you to remove my fines... just because!"

and then was SUPER sarcastic to the judge once he had increased the fines "thank you VERY much", lol, "anytime" was the reply

another dude started snoring 'cause he kept falling asleep and the judge had to tell him to wake up or get out heheh

you can tell I was there for a while..

and choony..
Quote:

Check out the person who uses the typewriter sitting a few meters to the left or right of judge, its usually a chick and shes usually alright

ALRIGHT?! understatement of the century. Wink All I can say is it made my 4 or so hours all worth it. oh, that and the fact my case was dismissed Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 19 November 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats Rob!
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Fri, 19 November 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhhhh....thats why you have no money to pay rego....slipped a lil cash into the judges side pocket..mmm Razz .

good on ya mate. good to see you put up a fight.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday *FREE LIKE A BIRD!!* Fri, 19 November 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh but you only get one section 10, and only if you have never had a court based guilty verdict on an offence before so now you have to be sure you are right when going to court.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Can anyone please help me for my court case on monday pleeese - I need pictures and advice Sat, 20 November 2004 03:48 Go to previous message
Tats wrote on Sat, 13 November 2004 15:35

I just got back from a driving holiday to Melbourne, I love the intersections! U-Turns available everywhere! (well, in Geelong and Gladstone Park anyway). Sure kicks the stupid NSW "No U-Turn Permitted" signs in the arse, I think that sign Puzzle Man put up is the only "U-Turn Permitted" sign in NSW.

PS: While I love Melbourne, it took a good 15 mins with the Melways to get the idea of Hook Turns Confused

you have to be kidding,Melbournes intersections are a nightmare!! and people just fukking U turn everywhere,block two lanes of traffic on Chappel St by trying to uturn in heavy traffic..definately australias worst state for driving!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Topshift - Online car tuning and racing game
Next Topic:Need help?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 00:53:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077528953552246 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.