Toymods » The Outhouse » crazy japanese movie - battle royale

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
white86
Regular

May 2004
crazy japanese movie - battle royale Thu, 11 November 2004 15:12 Go to next message
hahaha has anyone seen this movie?

its both disturbing and cool at the same time.

just wondering if anyone had seen it also
  Send a private message to this user    
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: crazy japanese movie - battle royale Thu, 11 November 2004 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not yet. Want to tho. Anybody got a copy they can burn for me???
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: crazy japanese movie - battle royale Thu, 11 November 2004 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes,
I love Chiaki Kuriyama. Go-Go!
Got Beat Takeshi in it too...

Edit: that's yes to seen it, sorry slut - no copy

[Updated on: Thu, 11 November 2004 21:47]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: crazy japanese movie - battle royale Fri, 12 November 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got it, love it Smiley =
nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: crazy japanese movie - battle royale Fri, 12 November 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
battle royale rules.
i was kinda shocked the first time i watched it, but gets better on subsequent watches Smile
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: crazy japanese movie - battle royale Fri, 12 November 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kickass movie the 2nd one kinda sucks though
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: crazy japanese movie - battle royale Fri, 12 November 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This out in regoin 4 yet? Ive wanted to see this for ages but I can never find it anywhere
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: crazy japanese movie - battle royale Fri, 12 November 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's out at my video store on weekly. Watched it, pritty good. Kinda... strange and wrong but then most Japanese stuff is.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: crazy japanese movie - battle royale Fri, 12 November 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have dvd jezbo

want to borrow?
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: crazy japanese movie - battle royale Fri, 12 November 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DL'd it ages ago then bought a copy.
Good ol Quentin Taratino is taking asian movies and releasing thme in the west and puttin his name on it (just like Jet Li's Hero which is like 2 years old by Zhang Yimou).
I got my copy from K-Mart.
Alotta jap flicks r like that. I love asian flicks.
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: crazy japanese movie - battle royale Fri, 12 November 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ive heard all about the 2 BR movies.. i heaps wanna see em.. ive seen the opening for BR2.. twisted lol
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: crazy japanese movie - battle royale Fri, 12 November 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once again another great japanese tale of social problems and pop culture's influence on the youth of japan. If you look at it like that anyway, otherwise its a great gore film...

The book was written long before the movie and becomes even more true today than it did when Takami first wrote it...

Battle Royale II while it carried on from the first movie, was a bit of a disaster and not much to watch. It lacked social commentary and was a pure gore fest of a movie, while the first one looked at brotherhood, betrayal and innocence. It also had great sub-stories of love, friendship and history

I have this on DVD as well if anyone wants it... acctually, im burning to many copies of All About Lily Chou-Chou that i can't afford to copy this anymore...

lol

on the point of quintin tarantino, i first was quite appauled at his credit taking of great asian movies, but i've now look at it as a oppotuinity for people to see fantastic movies they otherwise wouldn't have heard of. No one would care for these films unless ab ig name got behind them. long live asian cinema!

peace

[Updated on: Fri, 12 November 2004 11:31]

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: crazy japanese movie - battle royale Fri, 12 November 2004 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
.... Sat and had a quick 3am think about that.
Your totally right Shiri!
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: crazy japanese movie - battle royale Sat, 13 November 2004 13:32 Go to previous message
BR 1 was good...more than good...especially the chick in the video that tells them what battle royale is Very Happy

BR2 was a really big let down for me. for those that watch BR1 and leave feeling like it was a good movie and thinkin taht BR2 might be better? DO NOT WATCH BR2! after i watched br2 i kinda killed the BR1 love in me. its plot is all over, the writers are trying to put their spoons in too many pots and it lacks a lot of the emotion and character that BR1 had.

and shiri, ur comment on Tarantino is correct, asian cinema, actually international films in general are so much better than the movies holloywood pumps out.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Who has their own personal webpages?
Next Topic:msn messenger stuffed again??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 17:34:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059139728546143 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.