Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
christo
Regular

July 2004
Insurance! Sat, 13 November 2004 04:48 Go to next message
hey fellas.
im looking to buy a TA22 with a few mods and was wondering which insurance companies are the best (queensland). im 17 and this will be my first car.
cheer
  Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Insurance! Sat, 13 November 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shannons.
Nod
christo
Regular

July 2004
Re: Insurance! Sat, 13 November 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they only insure if ur over 25. Crying or Very Sad i would go them if i was tho.
cheers
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Insurance! Sat, 13 November 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah you dont necesarily have to be over 25, plenty of modifiers with rolla's etc are insured with them. Just depends on whether they want to insure oyu... Also try Just Cars Very Happy
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: Insurance! Sat, 13 November 2004 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man Shannons piss me off. They're all over the RPM / 10 Motorsport TV ads with their 'are you a car enthusiast?' ads. Then I ring them and say "hey I'm a car enthusiast, I'm 22 and I like driving round corners sideways, I've got a turbo Supra and my record is [deleted for security reasons but not as bad as some here]". They then say "fuck off we only insure old farts with fuckin' goggomobiles".

I hate Shannons.

This drunk post authorized by Smirnoff fuckin ordinary vodka. Don't buy it, it sucks.

PS. Go with RAC, they're relatively pricey but they insure cars that no-one else (except Just Cars) will insure, and they're slightly cheaper than Just Cars.

PPS. Honestly though if it's more than $1k a year, and you're confident in your driving abilities, just get third party and don't hit anything. How much are TA22s worth again?
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Insurance! Sun, 14 November 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldnt get full comp on a ta22 while you are under 25 (esp. one with mods). You will probably have paid out the full value of the vehicle in premiums in under 2years.

If it's not too modded, try AAMI. If it is modded try perhaps JustCar or Suncorp.

Edit: Also fractoid Laughing

[Updated on: Sun, 14 November 2004 00:31]

christo
Regular

July 2004
Re: Insurance! Sun, 14 November 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the tips fellas Very Happy
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Insurance! Sun, 14 November 2004 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a jap import and shannons say that they wouldnt do 3rd party, only comprehensive. And it was $1700 a yr fr my car's quote.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Insurance! Mon, 15 November 2004 07:35 Go to previous message
Nark wrote on Sat, 13 November 2004 16:32

Shannons.
Nod

Ditto... Only company in Australia that would insure me... Thankyou Shannons Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Soarers
Next Topic:driver training courses - eastern creek
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:21:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057499408721924 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.