Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Thu, 11 November 2004 09:40 Go to next message
this is all ready in Cruises and Events but not many people go in there so here is the info and a link

Motorists wanting to drive fast without getting fined or locked up for speeding, now have a safe location to test their cars performance. Management at Sydney’s Eastern Creek Raceway are making the race circuit available to licensed drivers in road-registered cars. No speed limits exist. Drivers can lap the track as fast as they wish.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=51152&start=0&rid=5002&S=a35747e36d2 7f893064f7a12d5c062b4
  Send a private message to this user    
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Thu, 11 November 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im on my Ls can i still? if i sit with someone?
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Thu, 11 November 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no p's or l's
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Thu, 11 November 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 bad, are there gona be cops, or checking for licence?
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Thu, 11 November 2004 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Considering an application for 21st January, hoping to have my Seca ready by then (which gives me 2 months to get it sorted), if not i'll take the Conquest Laughing 1ZZ-FE powah!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 11 November 2004 10:18]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Thu, 11 November 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I understand them not wanting L platers cos of lack of experince etc but its sucks cos I'm on my green p's and will be until I'm twenty so would not be able to do this. I have plenty of experienec and will be partaking in an advanced driver training course in the next coupole months. L platers with unlimited speeds with other cars on the track would be just asking for trouble but p platers is a different story, still probably worried about expetience etc dont wanna attract bogan dickheads etc but even if I was allowed I dont think I would push my car to the limit and would give way to faster cars . Oh well just have to wait and i'll have a better car by then to, especailly at night think a l plater would be asking for trouble. Stupid thing is I can prob go to wakefield park just a long drive thats all
EGG80X
Regular

March 2004
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Thu, 11 November 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
egg will be there to surprise a few people
and slow down the traffic
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Thu, 11 November 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I dont think I would push my car to the limit

U MUST ALWAYS PUSH THE LIMITS BECAUSE IF U NEVERAIL U WILL NEVER SUCCEED!
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Thu, 11 November 2004 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate you all.

*considers time it would take to drive to Eastern Creek from Perth*

*sulks* Sad
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Thu, 11 November 2004 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick2b wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 21:15

LOL Laughing
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Thu, 11 November 2004 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick2b wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 21:15

*snigger* *chuckle*

I'll be there for every one of these I can. Haven't driven EC yet.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Thu, 11 November 2004 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unreal! Can't wait for the 28 to be back on the road Smile Will go to the first avaliable EC night!
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Fri, 12 November 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no p platers!!?
i would have thought it more importanmt for P platers to use the track more than anybody else?
so they can see their limits without hurting anyone!
out at wakefield park p platers can do the same sort of thing
i loved it, pushed my limits all day, and had a blast!

[Updated on: Fri, 12 November 2004 03:50]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Fri, 12 November 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puzzle man wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 21:13

no p's or l's

how sure are you about the P2 allowance?
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Fri, 12 November 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Responsible enthusiasts now have the opportunity to enjoy the power of their cars in a safe controlled environment. Drivers must hold a full drivers licence (no P plates) and be over 18 years of age, cars must be registered and road worthy. A limit of thirty cars are on track in each 20-minute session. Drivers get a minimum of 3 x 20 minute sessions.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Fri, 12 November 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well thats fucking gay to say the least.

ive been to oran, wakefield and many a skidpan day before, why is eastern creek being fucking stupid? *sigh*

i SHOULD have my opens by now anyway if it wasnt for the RTA being the most fucked government entity on the planets surface and reset my P2 back to 2 years when i has 2 months left on my QLD liscense.
Sad
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Fri, 12 November 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To be fair, not having P platers isn't that bad of an idea. I mean, it will cut down the ammount of dickheads that could potentially ruin it for everyone. Say some P plater fucks up royally and hurts / kills them selves, it wouldn't be long before it got outlawed for everyone. If this is a regular thing, I'm sure you can wait a few months / years till you're on your opens guys Wink

Not that I am my self, but still Wink
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Fri, 12 November 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peeack wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 17:32

To be fair, not having P platers isn't that bad of an idea. I mean, it will cut down the ammount of dickheads that could potentially ruin it for everyone. Say some P plater fucks up royally and hurts / kills them selves, it wouldn't be long before it got outlawed for everyone. If this is a regular thing, I'm sure you can wait a few months / years till you're on your opens guys Wink

yes true

but has it happenned yet on any other trackday?

ps. not all p platers suck ass, most do, some dont.

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Fri, 12 November 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This seems to always be the case at Eastern Creek. I have always been under the impression that due to it being the HQ for the ARDC, they are particularly strict.

Doesn't bother me anyways Razz Twisted Evil
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Sat, 13 November 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 17:46

peeack wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 17:32

yes true

but has it happenned yet on any other trackday?

ps. not all p platers suck ass, most do, some dont.

I'm not saying it has happened, and I'm not saying all P platers are terrible drivers, I'm just saying SHOULD it happen it would probably ruin everything for everyone, better to be safe than sorry eh?
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Eastern Creek Raceway NO SPEED LIMIT TWILIGHT DRIVE NIGHTS Sat, 13 November 2004 08:54 Go to previous message
I'm a P plater. I don't think P platers should be allowed.

Some dickhead will go there and talk it up to his mates and then when they're on the road his mate will try and show off or the guy who went to the track might try and drive at higher speeds and it will end up in some sort of accident.

Plus most of the 'wanker' types are probably used to driving comfortably in a straight line at a high-ish speed. I doubt they'll be able to take corners probably and total their car -- or worse.

Too many people get influenced too easily. 17-20. That's the age bracket where most people mature. However that means there are people in the age bracket that still act like little children so I think in the interest of all the other adults, it's fair to ban P platers.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:15 y/o import law
Next Topic:Cosworths in Aust.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 00:11:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0120849609375 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.