Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Krispy Kreme Fri, 12 November 2004 20:47 Go to next message
Hello
I am a newcastle lad and I will be down in sydney tues/wed/thurs. I will be visiting the infamous Krispy Kremes for the first time. I have three questions.

1. Which shop is closest to Glebe?

2. How do I get there from Glebe?

3. What is the best doughnut there for a beginner?

Thanks guys
  Send a private message to this user    
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Krispy Kreme Fri, 12 November 2004 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres one at Wynyard near the train station. the orignal are the best IMHO

chris
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Krispy Kreme Fri, 12 November 2004 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. closest will be either city, airport, or liverpool. easiest to find parking will be liverpool.

2. heaps of way to get to liverpool kk from glebe. drive up parramatta rd up to M4, get on M4 stay there til cumberland hwy then get off go towards liverpool. or drive up parramatta rd up to humehwy at ashfield, get on it and stay there til u get to liverpool then turn right on cumberland hwy. heaps other way aswell. if driving at at night shouldnt take more then 30min

3. just get a sample pack for about $22. u get a dozen original glazed, and then mix and match for the other dozen.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Krispy Kreme Fri, 12 November 2004 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys I checked whereis.com.au and I will go to the wynyard one. Ill find a park. Not keen to go out to liverpool.

So original is the go ey? Could you recommend a flavour for a lady friend I am staying with?

[Updated on: Fri, 12 November 2004 22:16]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Krispy Kreme Fri, 12 November 2004 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think they make them in all sorts of flavours these days, strawberry, banana, chocolate....oh.... you mean flavoured doughnuts Razz

Although fresh originals are by far the best, i'd recommend a devils food cruler for a sweet tooth Smiley =

I'd also recommend going to the airport one rather than the city. I've only ever driven past the city one and it looks like's it's just a place to buy them, not a real place to sit down and eat, let alone trying to park near by. Unless of course you are already doing stuff in the city.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Krispy Kreme Sat, 13 November 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kirspy Kreme's make me want to throw up not just the contents of my stomach, but my stomach itself along with a few other major organs. ARGH
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Krispy Kreme Sat, 13 November 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont remember asking how it made you feel after you ate one? Razz

[Updated on: Sat, 13 November 2004 03:04]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Krispy Kreme Sat, 13 November 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol.. ohhhh! fiesty!

yeah they TASTE fantastic.... but I can only really eat about 3 before I feel a little weird Sad I wish I was able to eat more.... heheh
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Krispy Kreme Sat, 13 November 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are good but u can OD on the sugar lol - they are adicitive, u start by eating 1 or 2, then 7 or 8.. its bad coz u feel sick after a bit but u cant stop..... they are best to eat with a glass of milk Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Krispy Kreme Sat, 13 November 2004 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheh yea I reckon I will give myself Diabetes one day at Krispys..
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Krispy Kreme Sat, 13 November 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, I have a sampler sitting next to me (12 original, 12 exotics) - for $22 bucks, it's a pretty good deal.
of course, I feel sick, but that's ok Smile

what one is best depends on what mood you're in. the raspberry filled ones are great with a cup of tea, the chocolate coated ones with sugared cream in the middle are *so* sugary, they're probably my faves Smile
Devil food is great for a chocaholic, the custard and apple filled ones are nice too Smile

and to start off with, definitly try a nice, warm, fresh original.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Krispy Kreme Sat, 13 November 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eating krispy kreme is just like alcohol and drugs, you wake up swearing to yourself your not going to take it ever again.
but you do anyways. sensible and responsible eating guys.

[Updated on: Sat, 13 November 2004 11:09]

Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Krispy Kreme Sat, 13 November 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Never tried 'em despite people trying to push them onto me at work 'you know you want it' 'just try one' Laughing

They thought I was kinda strange not wanting Krispy Kremes, I dunno, they've never appealed to me...

[Updated on: Sat, 13 November 2004 11:18]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Krispy Kreme Sat, 13 November 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xolent is absolutely right.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Krispy Kreme Sat, 13 November 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When we went to sydney we bought seven hundred and fifty thouseand donuts, it was wiked and josh got sick.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Krispy Kreme Sat, 13 November 2004 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i havent tried them yet,and im almost going to boycot them cause of how much everyone is going fukkn nuts over the things..my missus nearly crashes the car everytime we go past one...all i got so say is when i finally do try one i better end up with a stikky stain downstairs after the experience, the way people are carrying on...
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Krispy Kreme Sat, 13 November 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well thats gonna depend on whether you eat it, or use it for some american pie style donut punching fun. Laughing

chris
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Krispy Kreme Sun, 14 November 2004 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Sun, 14 November 2004 10:23

well thats gonna depend on whether you eat it, or use it for some american pie style donut punching fun. Laughing

chris

Laughing true
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Krispy Kreme Sun, 14 November 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah they're not bad, original ones are the best. i had 2 on friday nite after about 3 months off them and gawd did i feel average, meh....

to quote someone i know on kk's
"krispy kremes are like masterbation, at first all this excitement, then afterwards a feeling of shame" bahahahaha
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Krispy Kreme Sun, 14 November 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Sat, 13 November 2004 13:04

lol.. ohhhh! fiesty!

yeah they TASTE fantastic.... but I can only really eat about 3 before I feel a little weird Sad I wish I was able to eat more.... heheh

First time I went to Liverpool was sweet... Whole box to myself... Felt kinda sick a few hours later Laughing Laughing Laughing ...
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Krispy Kreme Sun, 14 November 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Newcastle lad huh?
Betta bring me some back bitch! lol
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Krispy Kreme Sun, 14 November 2004 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill bring you back some tofu. BIATCH
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Krispy Kreme Mon, 15 November 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Sun, 14 November 2004 10:20

i havent tried them yet,and im almost going to boycot them cause of how much everyone is going fukkn nuts over the things..my missus nearly crashes the car everytime we go past one...all i got so say is when i finally do try one i better end up with a stikky stain downstairs after the experience, the way people are carrying on...

i'm boycotting because of the underhanded "peer advertising" campaigns...
not everyone raves about them because they like them.. they may simply be being paid to advertise and talk it up with their friends Wink after all, who you gonna believe? a TV ad? or one of your mates?

it's all just sugary non-nourishing american crap Twisted Evil

oh and all the artificial colours/flavours give me migraines Confused
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Krispy Kreme Mon, 15 November 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Sun, 14 November 2004 14:01

"krispy kremes are like masterbation, at first all this excitement, then afterwards a feeling of shame" bahahahaha

Laughing Laughing Gold!

On our sydney road trip we had a stop at a krispy kreme. After everyone bought a box each and we got back in the van, everyone was so excited. Then after an hour people were starting to go all droopy eyed and looking really crook. One person had the challenge to finish a whole box and ended up nearly chucking!
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Krispy Kreme Mon, 15 November 2004 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BEYAAAIIIITCHHHHH!
hehe
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Krispy Kreme Fri, 19 November 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I went to Liverpool! I just got 2 originals and 2 choc top custard filled. Yummy!

Ive heard a rumour that one is coming to Newcastle W00t!
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Krispy Kreme Sun, 21 November 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they're building one in campbelltown right now. how fukin annoying.
thay taste ok, but if its anything like the one in livo it will suck. tryhards hanging around all hours of the mourning. GHEY!
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Krispy Kreme Sun, 21 November 2004 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One in Newcastle??? Ooooh.
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Krispy Kreme Sun, 21 November 2004 22:09 Go to previous message
i just went to krispy kreme the other day with my brother and friends

all up we bought about 3 dozens

my younger brother had his whole dozen, then half of my friends dozen. then another half of mine
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:embarrassed to got cruise..
Next Topic:how to get rid of mice?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 13:51:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008836030960083 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.