Toymods » General Car Talk » hot4's warning

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: hot4's warning Thu, 11 November 2004 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saw the cops that pulled me up in the mr2 the other night. They drove straight past a VN dummped on its guts on rims with a blown tail light....... didnt' even blink tiwce at them Mad
  Send a private message to this user    
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: hot4's warning Thu, 11 November 2004 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well... if doing a straight swap conversion (ie. 1g-ge to 1g-gte) requires engineering, then any engine work that requires the engine to be moved at all should need engineering!

I dislike the anti-mod theme that the cops have going now. I don't mind them pulling over wankers though!
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: hot4's warning Fri, 12 November 2004 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish the law tighten up their act with 'p' platers driving high powered vehicles ie. HSV, STI, FPV etc. and pull them over as much as they do me with people *They think is .05 (blood alcohol) over the limit *

For those that haven't been caught yet, I hope you people that drive like fools meet "the tree/pole" in person. {In reference to HERE}

Cheers.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: hot4's warning Fri, 12 November 2004 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you ever get a defect for somthing stupid like not having the washer bottle full,,,GO TO COURT! especially if your car is legit in every other way..clog up the system,show the judge that whilst your car is modified you have done it legally and incurred extra expence by doing so,the charging officer knew this and had to resort to issueing a fine of this calibre just to pin anything on me...i also explain to the copper at the time that I have family that are cops,not in a way to get off but just saying that I respect the job that they are doing but this type of crackdown is even making me loose respect for them..make sure you talk to the leading officer in the crackdown,,,and stand your ground,they arent allowed to swear at you and they must give you their badge number if you ask for it..

the people we should be angry at,is the ricers!
DRiiFT_King
Regular

November 2004
Re: hot4's warning Sat, 13 November 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its all the dickheads in there commodores, doing burnouts on public roads
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: hot4's warning Sun, 14 November 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Sat, 13 November 2004 09:47

if you ever get a defect for somthing stupid like not having the washer bottle full,,,GO TO COURT! especially if your car is legit in every other way..clog up the system,show the judge that whilst your car is modified you have done it legally and incurred extra expence by doing so,the charging officer knew this and had to resort to issueing a fine of this calibre just to pin anything on me...i also explain to the copper at the time that I have family that are cops,not in a way to get off but just saying that I respect the job that they are doing but this type of crackdown is even making me loose respect for them..make sure you talk to the leading officer in the crackdown,,,and stand your ground,they arent allowed to swear at you and they must give you their badge number if you ask for it..

the people we should be angry at,is the ricers!

It wont make diddly squat difference at the end of the day general joe blo will think the cops are doin a good job cracking down and getting rid of the "hoons". My folks are kinda the same but they are changing after i keep beating it into their heads. Hell i'd cop stuff if i was being stupid but i hate coping stuff for doin nothing!
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: hot4's warning Sun, 14 November 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRiiFT_King wrote on Sat, 13 November 2004 17:21

its all the dickheads in there commodores, doing burnouts on public roads

What about the dick heads in sprinters, supras, mr2's, corollas, skylines, wrx's, Silvia's, 200sx's etc etc etc who do burnouts on public roads?

Generalizations like "all commodore drivers are dick heads" is narrow minded.
A more accurate(or so i think) way of saying what you did would be almost exactly the same...but minus the commodore bit.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: hot4's warning Sun, 14 November 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry we should say that most are.
Funnily enough was talking to a mate before, convo changed about another mates commo thats currently stuffed. Anyway i asked him what was wrong with it and aparently he was told from our mate "clunking really bad and wont rip skids" Laughing The car must be stuffed if he can't get it ripping a skid. Its a wonder that it lasted that long though the amount of hell it's been given. Clutch/box died from skids, and the amount of tyres its gone through Laughing
wolf
Regular

June 2004
Re: hot4's warning Sun, 14 November 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my opinion, the police are gathering as much information about modified vehicles as possible, for their own gain.

Allot of modified vehicle owners have far better driving skills then you average Cop. This is why they want to implement the power to weight ratio for P platers. They hate the idea that a teenage "punk" could outrun and outmaneuver a police V8 in a worked import or a home grown push-rod, that is as good or better than a police car.

Another factor that comes into this equation; the increasing number of police cars being the 184kw BA Falcons and even Mitsubishi Magna's. A worked Hatchi or Civic can get away from those on many kinds of roads, if the driver is highly skilled.

Just my 2 cents Razz
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: hot4's warning Sun, 14 November 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't wait for them to crack down on P platers in high powered cars personally... Evil or Very Mad
wolf
Regular

June 2004
Re: hot4's warning Sun, 14 November 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inertia wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 00:19

I can't wait for them to crack down on P platers in high powered cars personally... Evil or Very Mad

Rolling Eyes

There are dickhead drivers in all age groups. I know of a few blokes who are still on the P's that drive worked turbo's. In my eyes they drive more responsibly then most people on the road.

So please don't discriminate against P platers. They could be better drivers than you! Twisted Evil

[Updated on: Sun, 14 November 2004 13:35]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: hot4's warning Sun, 14 November 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry but the statistics tell teh story, the p platers are more dangerous on average.

i know there are decent p plater drivers, but its the stupid ones that ruin it for all of u, now u have the 2 stage system in SA also, makes it harder and longer to get on ur full.
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: hot4's warning Sun, 14 November 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, anything to get rid of those rich 17yo singaporean guys that drive maxed out '98 Supras. Oooo they piss me off... I mean if it were a 17yo singaporean guy who'd earned the money himself then sure, no problems, and he can probably drive too, but these kids that get hugely powerful toys for their birthdays just piss me off.

/jealous. Twisted Evil
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: hot4's warning Sun, 14 November 2004 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry mate, in a system where you are only taught to pass a test, not to drive... then the younger you are...

I've been to driver courses, was cocky, saw a bunch of other cocky teenage drivers... we got our asses kicked Laughing
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: hot4's warning Sun, 14 November 2004 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To make a fair comparison, to me P-plater's are much like orange belt Karate students in a sparring match. Orange is regarded as being a dangerous belt to be on because the students have gotten past the "lower" grades (ie. white and yellow) and think that they're getting somewhere with more experience. This builds up unjustified confidence against their knowledge thus far of the Karate system and they become dangerous because of it. Confused They think they're bullet-proof and just want to be let off the leash. I've seen more broken noses in kumite tournaments among lower grade karate students than against higher grades, and justifiably so because the higher grades have more experience and control over their actions instead of letting their impulses loose.

Now translate this to driving a car and apply it to a "normal" situation on the road. You can see why the cops take a very keen interest in P-plater's. It's because most of the time they're still learning about the road and the conditions and letting unfounded confidence overtake their commonsense. Hand them a higher-powered car and you've got a more dangerous mix.
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: hot4's warning Sun, 14 November 2004 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad but true. They can't base licenses on skills learned through real driver training, though, because it would be discriminating against people with no skill, and in this country they are the majority. *sigh*
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: hot4's warning Wed, 17 November 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spoke to a friend today who happens to be a boy in boy
who confirmed they are looking in forums to stop anti-social
'hoon' behaviour by removing 'dangerous' vehicles from
nsw roads. His opinion - its a load of shit
Did not say they have looked at this one ( so many car forums )
and yes they know that we know their looking! Twisted Evil
His advice was to remove info If your concerned about
people knowing too much about your car Mad

as stated article comes out in dec hot4's
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: hot4's warning Wed, 17 November 2004 06:32 Go to previous message
random wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 18:24

every couple of months this same thing pops up.

dude- if you chop your springs so you car is low, its not functional! how would you feel if some fukn tool in a slammed gemini with no springs skips across a road because he has no travel in his suspension and kills your mum?!?

if you turbo your engine and dont bother upgrading your breaks then you deserve to be defected.

if you increase engine size and power output significantly without chassis strengthening you deserve to get defected. an old celica wasnt designed to have 200+ kw.

people who modify cars illegally deserve to get defected becasue you are breaking the law, and you fuk the rest of us.

if you drive a car with an illegal modification you void your CTP greenslip, so then you drive like an idiot and crash into the back of my girlfriends 68 dub because you sick turbo didnt leave money for a break upgrade and she ends up with a fractured 3rd vertebrae... medical bills arent cheap and you have no insurance, repairs alone for new boot, rear guards and a bumper bar are $4000 alone, yeah you heard right 4G just for the repairs.

if you are worried about being pulled over and deected GET YOUR CAR ENGINEERED! if you wont pass engineering you car is not safe, dont drive it. THIS IS NOT HARD TO COMPREHEND. 18 inch wheels and no springs can become dangerous to you, and other road users. to engineer 18 inch wheels you must be able to reach full lock in both directions without scrubbing and maintain full suspension travel. see how that makes the car safe and yet still sully sick?!? oh but wait, that would mean doing a C-section and body drop (mini truckers do it) and that another 10grand, dude lets just chop the springs hey bro, i hope those fukn piggers dont try and defect me!

fuk i sound old. (im 22 and i have had a few very quick cars, i just hate dickheads who dont THINK)

that is all.

i tend to agree with you except even after getting your car engineered your still treated like a criminal and face harassment
there is no simple answer besides educating those piz and the polklies who legislate this due to minority groups who proclaim this si what general society desire
simple as
if its illegal for use it should not be for sale
its akin to pot being sold at ya supermarket yet is illegal to consume in any way form or manner
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how to make my initial-d car fully sick!
Next Topic:Nice 1J Wagon
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 11:35:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057578086853027 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.